Robb Dabb's, don't know what happened to him but he was a poster on another food ng, knows how to make American (southern) Fried Chicken! Here's his recipe:
2-1/2 lbs. cut up chicken 1/2 c. seasoned flour 2 Tablespoons salt (that is not a typo) 1/4 c. butter 1/2 c. vegetable shortening or lard
In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. In a large, heavy skillet [cast iron preferred] combine equal portions of butter and shortening or lard. When butter and shortening are melted, fat should be 1/4 inch deep. Heat until a drop of water sizzles when flipped into the hot fat. Dredge chicken pieces in seasoned flour and place in the skillet. Take care not to crowd the pieces. Brown until the chicken is the colour of honey oak on one side. Then turn and brown the other side. Brown the meaty pieces first. Allow 20-30 minutes to brown the chicken on both sides. Cover. Cook on LOW heat 30 minutes or until chicken is tender. For crispy chicken, remove cover and increase heat in the last 10 minutes of cooking. Turn chicken as needed to prevent over-browning.
Jill -- I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.
"jmcquown" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Robb Dabb's, don't know what happened to him but he was a poster on another food ng, knows how to make American (southern) Fried Chicken! Here's his recipe:
2-1/2 lbs. cut up chicken 1/2 c. seasoned flour 2 Tablespoons salt (that is not a typo) 1/4 c. butter 1/2 c. vegetable shortening or lard
In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. In a large, heavy skillet [cast iron preferred] combine equal portions of butter and shortening or lard. When butter and shortening are melted, fat should be 1/4 inch deep. Heat until a drop of water sizzles when flipped into the hot fat. Dredge chicken pieces in seasoned flour and place in the skillet. Take care not to crowd the pieces. Brown until the chicken is the colour of honey oak on one side. Then turn and brown the other side. Brown the meaty pieces first. Allow 20-30 minutes to brown the chicken on both sides. Cover. Cook on LOW heat 30 minutes or until chicken is tender. For crispy chicken, remove cover and increase heat in the last 10 minutes of cooking. Turn chicken as needed to prevent over-browning.
Thank you Jill! This is a very simple recipe! I print also this! But I want ask you: What is "vegetable shortening"? Is it like margarine? Thank you very much for your recipe! Can you send me a photo of a fried chicken? Cheers Pandora
I don't believe that this is a leg: it is a chicken's head!!!!!! In the first link there are very beautiful photos. The chicken seems very crispy and brown to the right point! The hag's one seems less cooked! Anyway. Now I have a hole in the stomach 🙂))))))))))))))))) Carol I don't know how thank you! THank you very much for the photos and recipes and ....your kindness!!!! Ciao Pandora
"jmcquown" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Robb Dabb's, don't know what happened to him but he was a poster on another food ng, knows how to make American (southern) Fried Chicken! Here's his recipe:
2-1/2 lbs. cut up chicken 1/2 c. seasoned flour 2 Tablespoons salt (that is not a typo) 1/4 c. butter 1/2 c. vegetable shortening or lard
But I want ask you: What is "vegetable shortening"? Is it like margarine? Thank you very much for your recipe! Can you send me a photo of a fried chicken? Cheers Pandora
Vegetable shortening is a white, whipped but solid animal fat substitute. Can you get lard (rendered beef fat)? If not, use cooking oil instead (but not olive oil, the taste will be too strong for fried chicken) along with the butter. It would be healthier than lard but not as authentic.
I see Damsel already got you some photos of pieces of fried chicken.
Vegetable shortening is a white, whipped but solid animal fat substitute. Can you get lard (rendered beef fat)? If not, use cooking oil instead (but not olive oil, the taste will be too strong for fried chicken) along with the butter. It would be healthier than lard but not as authentic.
I see Damsel already got you some photos of pieces of fried chicken.
Yeah, well, I got up to use the bathroom and stumbled across a family emergency in progress on Yahoo messenger. Now I'm awake, and have nothing to do but post pictures of dead chickens. 🙂
I don't believe that this is a leg: it is a chicken's head!!!!!!
OMG, you're right! Give that one to Ariane. She likes chicken feet. Maybe she'd like a head, too. 🙂
Who is Ariane? Is a dog? because I had a dog named "Chicco" which loved chicken feets and chicken heads!!!! 🙂)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Cheers Carol!!!!
"Damsel" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
jmcquown said:
Vegetable shortening is a white, whipped but solid animal fat substitute. Can you get lard (rendered beef fat)? If not, use cooking oil instead (but not olive oil, the taste will be too strong for fried chicken) along with the butter. It would be healthier than lard but not as authentic.
I see Damsel already got you some photos of pieces of fried chicken.
Yeah, well, I got up to use the bathroom and stumbled across a family emergency in progress on Yahoo messenger. Now I'm awake, and have nothing to do but post pictures of dead chickens. 🙂
A fortune that you like alive wingeds 😄DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD! Pandora
I don't believe that this is a leg: it is a chicken's head!!!!!!
OMG, you're right! Give that one to Ariane. She likes chicken feet. Maybe she'd like a head, too. 🙂
Who is Ariane? Is a dog? because I had a dog named "Chicco" which loved chicken feets and chicken heads!!!! 🙂)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Cheers Carol!!!!
No, no, no. Ariane is a poster in RFC. She has very adventurous tastes. She's definitely not a dog!
"Damsel" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Pandora said:
"Damsel" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
"Pandora" <[email hidden]> said:
> > COOL! Here is a chicken leg (drumstick) that looks like a chicken > > face! > > http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/mcchick.jpg > > I don't believe that this is a leg: it is a chicken's head!!!!!!
OMG, you're right! Give that one to Ariane. She likes chicken feet. Maybe she'd like a head, too. 🙂
Who is Ariane? Is a dog? because I had a dog named "Chicco" which loved chicken feets and chicken heads!!!! 🙂)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Cheers Carol!!!!
No, no, no. Ariane is a poster in RFC. She has very adventurous tastes. She's definitely not a dog!
Ohhhhh! But if she isn't a dog and likes feet and heads perhaps she could be beech-marten 🙂))) (without offence for the poster, of course!!!) Cheers Pandora
"Damsel" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Pandora said:
"Damsel" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio news:[email hidden]... > "Pandora" <[email hidden]> said: > >> > COOL! Here is a chicken leg (drumstick) that looks like a chicken >> > face! >> > http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/mcchick.jpg >> >> I don't believe that this is a leg: it is a chicken's head!!!!!! > > OMG, you're right! Give that one to Ariane. She likes chicken feet. > Maybe she'd like a head, too. 🙂
Who is Ariane? Is a dog? because I had a dog named "Chicco" which loved chicken feets and chicken heads!!!! 🙂)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) Cheers Carol!!!!
No, no, no. Ariane is a poster in RFC. She has very adventurous tastes. She's definitely not a dog!
Ohhhhh! But if she isn't a dog and likes feet and heads perhaps she could be beech-marten 🙂))) (without offence for the poster, of course!!!)
I'm almost scared to ask. What is a "beech-marten," and is being one a good thing, or a bad thing?
"Damsel" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
"Pandora" <[email hidden]> said:
> "Damsel" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio > news:[email hidden]... > > "Pandora" <[email hidden]> said: > > > >> > COOL! Here is a chicken leg (drumstick) that looks like a chicken > >> > face! > >> > http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/mcchick.jpg > >> > >> I don't believe that this is a leg: it is a chicken's head!!!!!! > > > > OMG, you're right! Give that one to Ariane. She likes chicken feet. > > Maybe she'd like a head, too. 🙂 > > Who is Ariane? Is a dog? because I had a dog named "Chicco" which loved > chicken feets and chicken heads!!!! > 🙂)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) > Cheers Carol!!!!
No, no, no. Ariane is a poster in RFC. She has very adventurous tastes. She's definitely not a dog!
Ohhhhh! But if she isn't a dog and likes feet and heads perhaps she could be beech-marten 🙂))) (without offence for the poster, of course!!!)
I'm almost scared to ask. What is a "beech-marten," and is being one a good thing, or a bad thing?
But I want ask you: What is "vegetable shortening"? Is it like margarine? Thank you very much for your recipe!
Usually "shortening" stays for "strutto". In this case, I don't know what we could find in Italy to use as "vegetable shortening", but maybe you can use standard strutto. -- Vilco Think Pink , Drink Rose'
"Damsel" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Pandora said:
"Damsel" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
"Pandora" <[email hidden]> said:
> "Damsel" <[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio > news:[email hidden]... > > "Pandora" <[email hidden]> said: > > > >> > COOL! Here is a chicken leg (drumstick) that looks like a > >> > chicken > >> > face! > >> > http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/mcchick.jpg > >> > >> I don't believe that this is a leg: it is a chicken's head!!!!!! > > > > OMG, you're right! Give that one to Ariane. She likes chicken > > feet. > > Maybe she'd like a head, too. 🙂 > > Who is Ariane? Is a dog? because I had a dog named "Chicco" which > loved > chicken feets and chicken heads!!!! > 🙂)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) > Cheers Carol!!!!
No, no, no. Ariane is a poster in RFC. She has very adventurous tastes. She's definitely not a dog!
Ohhhhh! But if she isn't a dog and likes feet and heads perhaps she could be beech-marten 🙂))) (without offence for the poster, of course!!!)
I'm almost scared to ask. What is a "beech-marten," and is being one a good thing, or a bad thing?
It is a bad thing for chickens because this animal feed itself on chicken's blood like vampires! First cut with their theeth the head and then sucks their blood! 🙁(((((( (poor chickens!!!!). Here is a photo:how do you call this animal? I found ""beech-marten" on vocabulary, we call it "Faìna". http://tinypic.com/8vvyvq.jpg