rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Frikkin' Physics Project - Help! (Sorta Urgent)

Started by darchibald · · Last activity · 32 posts · 629 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
4 January 2005
Last activity
8 January 2005
Original author
darchibald
Posts
32
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
629
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 32
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have a term Physics project due in a week that I put off for quite a
    while, mostly because of my uni. Although I do have a little done I need
    some help. My topic is the unicycle and the physics behind it. I did a
    search but didn't get much. I have to do a webpage with ten linked
    pages. I plan on having an intro page, a Q and A page, a links page, a
    Centre of gravity page, maybe a tests page (those tests they do to Kris
    Holm on more than human, uni'ers vs. non-uni'ers) and maybe a general
    balance page or a how its made/build description page. Oh yeah maybe a
    resources page if I can get it to not look like a links page. I need
    ideas for four or five other physics/unicycle related page. Also could
    anyone tell me what forces go into unicycling and everything you can of
    the physics of a unicycle? Thanks. And to everyone out there don't
    procrastinate!

    My mom says if i don't get this done I'm definitely not going to TOQUE.
    So please help.

    Thanks,
    David

    --
    darchibald - Trials and Street rider

    Pardon my French, but Cameron is so tight that if you stuck a lump of
    coal up his ass, in two weeks you'd have a diamond. - Ferris Bueller
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37306

  2. I really wish I could help. A few months ago i was on google and found
    some magazine interview with Kris Holm. It was a science magazine and it
    ahd tons of stuff on the physics of unicycling. I'll try to find it.

    --
    Worminton - That's my art.

    Dude is to Man as "Fo scnizel my nizel" is to "i whole heartedly agree
    my African American Brother."

    I own a new Chromatic Harmonica.

    "LIES!!!!LIES!!!!!THE TV IS NOTHING BUT LIES!!!!!"
    -My brother screaming at a comercial for a washing machine.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Worminton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5568
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37306

  3. I really wish I could help. A few months ago i was on google and found
    some magazine interview with Kris Holm. It was a science magazine and it
    ahd tons of stuff on the physics of unicycling. I'll try to find it.

    --
    Worminton - That's my art.

    Dude is to Man as "Fo scnizel my nizel" is to "i whole heartedly agree
    my African American Brother."

    I own a new Chromatic Harmonica.

    "LIES!!!!LIES!!!!!THE TV IS NOTHING BUT LIES!!!!!"
    -My brother screaming at a comercial for a washing machine.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Worminton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5568
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37306

  4. Thanks I have to go work on the other parts but i'll check back later
    tonight. Thanks again i appreciate it.

    Wish me luck,
    David

    --
    darchibald - Trials and Street rider

    Pardon my French, but Cameron is so tight that if you stuck a lump of
    coal up his ass, in two weeks you'd have a diamond. - Ferris Bueller
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37306

  5. Thanks I have to go work on the other parts but i'll check back later
    tonight. Thanks again i appreciate it.

    Wish me luck,
    David

    --
    darchibald - Trials and Street rider

    Pardon my French, but Cameron is so tight that if you stuck a lump of
    coal up his ass, in two weeks you'd have a diamond. - Ferris Bueller
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37306

  6. http://mike.hinson.unicyclist.com/ might be of service to you. Go
    through the *WHOLE* site.

    --
    Worminton - That's my art.

    Dude is to Man as "Fo scnizel my nizel" is to "i whole heartedly agree
    my African American Brother."

    I own a new Chromatic Harmonica.

    "LIES!!!!LIES!!!!!THE TV IS NOTHING BUT LIES!!!!!"
    -My brother screaming at a comercial for a washing machine.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Worminton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5568
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37306

  7. http://mike.hinson.unicyclist.com/ might be of service to you. Go
    through the *WHOLE* site.

    --
    Worminton - That's my art.

    Dude is to Man as "Fo scnizel my nizel" is to "i whole heartedly agree
    my African American Brother."

    I own a new Chromatic Harmonica.

    "LIES!!!!LIES!!!!!THE TV IS NOTHING BUT LIES!!!!!"
    -My brother screaming at a comercial for a washing machine.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Worminton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5568
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37306

  8. http://www.gilby.com/unicycling/AutoBalance.html Also might help

    --
    Worminton - That's my art.

    Dude is to Man as "Fo scnizel my nizel" is to "i whole heartedly agree
    my African American Brother."

    I own a new Chromatic Harmonica.

    "LIES!!!!LIES!!!!!THE TV IS NOTHING BUT LIES!!!!!"
    -My brother screaming at a comercial for a washing machine.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Worminton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5568
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37306

  9. http://www.gilby.com/unicycling/AutoBalance.html Also might help

    --
    Worminton - That's my art.

    Dude is to Man as "Fo scnizel my nizel" is to "i whole heartedly agree
    my African American Brother."

    I own a new Chromatic Harmonica.

    "LIES!!!!LIES!!!!!THE TV IS NOTHING BUT LIES!!!!!"
    -My brother screaming at a comercial for a washing machine.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Worminton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5568
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37306

  10. Never mind. That Gilby link was a joke. I didn't read the site before i
    posted it 🙁

    --
    Worminton - That's my art.

    Dude is to Man as "Fo scnizel my nizel" is to "i whole heartedly agree
    my African American Brother."

    I own a new Chromatic Harmonica.

    "LIES!!!!LIES!!!!!THE TV IS NOTHING BUT LIES!!!!!"
    -My brother screaming at a comercial for a washing machine.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Worminton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5568
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37306

  11. Never mind. That Gilby link was a joke. I didn't read the site before i
    posted it 🙁

    --
    Worminton - That's my art.

    Dude is to Man as "Fo scnizel my nizel" is to "i whole heartedly agree
    my African American Brother."

    I own a new Chromatic Harmonica.

    "LIES!!!!LIES!!!!!THE TV IS NOTHING BUT LIES!!!!!"
    -My brother screaming at a comercial for a washing machine.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Worminton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5568
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37306

  12. http://tinyurl.com/6drv4

    ^^^^^^This might just be what you're looking for.

    --
    Worminton - That's my art.

    Dude is to Man as "Fo scnizel my nizel" is to "i whole heartedly agree
    my African American Brother."

    I own a new Chromatic Harmonica.

    "LIES!!!!LIES!!!!!THE TV IS NOTHING BUT LIES!!!!!"
    -My brother screaming at a comercial for a washing machine.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Worminton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5568
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37306

  13. http://tinyurl.com/6drv4

    ^^^^^^This might just be what you're looking for.

    --
    Worminton - That's my art.

    Dude is to Man as "Fo scnizel my nizel" is to "i whole heartedly agree
    my African American Brother."

    I own a new Chromatic Harmonica.

    "LIES!!!!LIES!!!!!THE TV IS NOTHING BUT LIES!!!!!"
    -My brother screaming at a comercial for a washing machine.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Worminton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5568
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37306

  14. Don't forget about the 'Eunicycle' (http://tlb.org/eunicycle.html)

    And a 'German self balancing unicycle' (http://tinyurl.com/6cyfz)

    And 'Jackie Chabanais' (http://www.jackiechabanais.com/) is a French guy
    who rides a motorized unicycle. It's not self balancing (he controls
    the motor and clutch himself). The site is in French and English which
    should get you some bonus points.

    --
    john_childs - Guinness Mojo

    john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com
    Gallery: '' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/john_childs)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    john_childs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/449
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37306

  15. There have been past discussions in these fora you might find
    interesting.

    Try 'here.' (http://tinyurl.com/68y3v)

    Physics of tire roll-out 'here' (http://tinyurl.com/4y2uc).

    Physics of high-speed UPDs 'here' (http://tinyurl.com/4we2).

    Some seriously deep stuff 'here' (http://tinyurl.com/3ylg).

    Physics of turning corners 'here' (http://tinyurl.com/2iqw).

    There's really all sorts of stuff. Just do some creative searching. It
    took me longer to paste these links in than it did to find them.

    --
    tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

    Tailgate at your own risk.....

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tomblackwood's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3762
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37306

  16. Thanks everyone, I found some new topics and should have enough, but
    keep them coming just in case. Haha. Now I think I'll unplug my computer
    because it is so easy to get lost in RSU when you should be working.

    Later,
    David

    --
    darchibald - Trials and Street rider

    Pardon my French, but Cameron is so tight that if you stuck a lump of
    coal up his ass, in two weeks you'd have a diamond. - Ferris Bueller
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37306

  17. searching on 'Balance Envelope' got a whole pile of 'threads'
    (http://tinyurl.com/3ogoe)
    i wouldn't know which are relevant and which aren't
    if u do need some more, it might be worth wading thru them

    Tom Blackwood's 'seriously deep' link should get u an A
    😎

    let us know how it turns out

    --
    GILD - Waffle-[censored] and Time-bider

    if you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me.--
    alice 'roosevelt' (http://tinyurl.com/5ngze) longworth
    I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages.-- William H.
    Mauldin
    'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
    'Dave' (http://tinyurl.com/ywxgb)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GILD's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/657
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37306

  18. when you finish the report, post it so I can read it. There is nothing
    like a good read about unicycles.

    --
    Catboy - RIP Unibiker

    'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
    (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Catboy)

    RIP Unibiker
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Catboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2042
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37306

  19. darchibald said:

    the physics of a unicycle?

    Two that haven't been mentioned yet:

    <http://www.el.utwente.nl/tt/people/private/baar/fiets/eenwieler.pdf>
    a paper on unicycle balance by Dutch unicyclist John van Baar. A
    draft version but I don't think John ever went beyond that.

    <http://www.xs4all.nl/~klaasbil/lean_uni.htm> on why you have to lean
    "into" a slope, by myself.

    Quoted message said:

    And to everyone out there don't
    procrastinate!


    Procrastinate later! And good luck.

    Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
    --
    Today (4 January) is the first day this year that is neither the first day this year nor the first day this year that is not the first day this year nor the first day this year that is neither the first day this year nor the first day this year that is
    not the first day this year.

  20. Yes, please post the link to your research when you finish it. I've been
    wanting to do the same research myself, but havn't had the time. It'll
    impress my father who had a Dr. in physics.

    --
    bjornthegreat
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    bjornthegreat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7424
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37306

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.