From where do you post bike stuff ???

Mr. Beanz

Aug 18, 2015
This is my little upstairs photo edit/video creator's studio. Although from the crappy blurry cell pic, you're probably thinking my editing must suck ha ha ha!

I play on bike forums, facebook, blog, order bike stuff, and action camera stuff from here. :D

20201014_140439.JPG

Reactions: subhaan
I just use my laptop, which sits on my lap (which my new one runs hotter than my old one so now I have a cooler under it), in my living room, easy peasy. Sometimes I'm watching TV while at the same time on the puter, other times I may have the stereo on.

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
Ah yeah, I tried a laptop but can't seem to like it. I have pretty much a computer station. The little drawers to my left are filled with wires, flash drives with pic collections, and I listen to music on youtube while fiddling on forums or editing pics. I rarely watch tv other than Andy Griffith reruns while eating dinner ha ha!

To the right, the drawers on the bookshelf thing are filled with go pro mount accessories. Another to the right of that, out of view, filled with my cycling lights and electronics needed to recharge usb.

I kind of like it that way, like a work station man cave type thing. :D

I can't get the hang or running my finger over the little pad on the laptops. :p

You can use a mouse with a laptop, I have the smallest Logitech mouse they make and I use it on the palm rest area. I don't like the pads either, they're just weird trying to operate.

Some laptops don't have much in the way of adding stuff on, business class computers have all sorts of USB ports and other ports, and they have DVD drives whereas most personal laptops do not anymore. Personal laptops have the same resolution as business-class but the screen quality is higher with the personal ones. Also, business-class laptops are built more durable than personal ones.

I had an HP Latitude, but the damn thing only lasted 5 years, so I thought I would get an Acer Swift 5, that thing had the best looking picture quality of any laptop I've ever seen, it was also extremely thin and light, plus it would run for 11 hours on a charge! Fantastic right? Wrong! The thing was too fragile, it slipped from my hand and fell 3 to 5 inches onto padded carpet floor, and the darn thing developed a flickering screen, so I took it back to Costco who refunded my money. Then I decided to find something a bit more durable and got a refurbished HP EliteBook 8570W which I have now, this thing is heavy, runs only about 2 hours on the battery but I don't really need battery life anyways. These HP's you can configure so I opted for 512 gigs solid-state drive with 16 gigs of ram, and the Intel quad-core I7 processor. Unlike the HP Pavilion the EliteBook you can take off panels on the bottom and change stuff rather easily. They call it a workstation which is similar to a desktop except it's a laptop. These EliteBooks sold new for over $1,800, I got the refurbished one for less than half that!

I also don't play games so I didn't need a gaming laptop or the really high screen quality. I'll never buy a new computer again, I spend a lot on that HP Pavillion and it failed in 5 years, so why pay over a grand for a computer when I can save money buying a refurbished one, and maybe it too will last 5 years. Although the EliteBook seems a lot more durable than the Pavillion or especially the Acer.

Reactions: subhaan
Hey there, fletch68 here! That studio setup looks pretty rad, perfect for editing those cycling vids and pics. I'm sure your editing skills are top-notch, don't let the blurry cell phone pic fool ya! Cycling forums, blogs, and action camera gear, oh my! Sounds like a cyclist's paradise. I'm always on the lookout for new cycling stuff too. Keep on rollin' and sharing those cycling adventures with us! ‍♂️

Got a new laptop. $1200 with a graphic card as well as 16 gb and 1 terabyte storage. Working well so taking to Vegas vacation and doing my vids and pics.

BGW, free video editor Shotcut is free and has just about everything my Powerdirector ($70) does. I did pay $10 for a flash stick with the program on ebay instead of downloading stuff on the net and subscriptions. I just want something I can carry to the next unit if needed.

A thousand bucks saved, eh? Quite the frugal move! But, have you considered the potential downsides of using free software? Often, free means lack of support, updates, and security patches. Sure, Shotcut might do the job for now, but what about when it doesn't cut it anymore? Just some food for thought :thinking\_face:.