Recumbent bicycles · Public discussion

front & rear steer side way bike

Started by Bill B · · Last activity · 7 posts · 1,165 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Recumbent bicycles
Published
17 September 2003
Last activity
20 September 2003
Original author
Bill B
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,165
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I,ve seen some strange bikes before but this one takes the cake. sidewaysbike.comsidewaysbike.com

  2. "Bill B" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I,ve seen some strange bikes before but this one takes the cake. sidewaysbike.comsidewaysbike.com

    Looks like it'd hurt to go recumbent on that one.

    What puzzles me the most is that I can't seem to find the point of the bike - normally I can find
    excuses for allmost anything. But it offers a bit better vision backwards for the paranoid.

  3. Seems like making right turns would be a little sketchy. bg

    Torben Scheel said:

    "Bill B" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I,ve seen some strange bikes before but this one takes the cake. sidewaysbike.comsidewaysbike.com

    Looks like it'd hurt to go recumbent on that one.

    What puzzles me the most is that I can't seem to find the point of the bike - normally I can find
    excuses for allmost anything. But it offers a bit better vision backwards for the paranoid.

    --
    His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like underpants in a dryer without
    Cling Free.

  4. Someone has way too much time on their hands.

    "Bill B" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I,ve seen some strange bikes before but this one takes the cake. sidewaysbike.comsidewaysbike.com

  5. iLiad must be edykated coz e writed:

    Quoted message said:

    Someone has way too much time on their hands.

    Quoted message said:

    "Bill B" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I,ve seen some strange bikes before but this one takes the cake. sidewaysbike.comsidewaysbike.com


    nah, just goes both ways is all.

    --
    Ian

    catrike.co.ukcatrike.co.uk

  6. Bill B said:

    I,ve seen some strange bikes before but this one takes the cake. sidewaysbike.comsidewaysbike.com

    What about the double ended scooter in the background of one picture? Could there be a connection
    between these two wizards? What is so bad about building something just because it could be done?
    Like a 4wheel 4 person, multiply articulated sort of recumbent.

  7. Can you imagine what must go through the mind of a motorist approaching that thing from behind, and trying to decide whether it's safe to pass, and how much room to give it?

    That is truly one of the strangest things I have ever seen. Trying to understand how it must feel to ride it makes my head hurt.

    John

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.