Fun on three wheels

In news:[email protected],
wafflycat <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to
tell us:
>> probably good balance from years of ballet
>>

> Well if I had done ballet, that might be true.
>
> But I did do Scottish highland dancing, so that's probably helped :)

And all that business with the willow tree ;-)

--
Dave Larrington
No user-serviceable parts inside.

> In news:[email protected],
> wafflycat <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to
> tell us:
>>> probably good balance from years of ballet
>>>

>> Well if I had done ballet, that might be true.
>>
>> But I did do Scottish highland dancing, so that's probably helped :)

> And all that business with the willow tree ;-)

Oh yes. That helps too ;-)

"wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Guy Ballantine" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> "wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Do you race it? Came across some racing handcyclists last year. Now that
>>> is well 'ard!

>> I have been known to crank in anger and done a few races with the BHPC
>> chaps at Hillingdon and (dearly departed) Eastway. I'm not as good as I
>> ought as I'm carting around 100kg on my arms.
>>

> Ever thought of time trialling it? The Rudy Project National Series has a
> category for disabled riders and theere's riders with various disabilites
> get involved. It's fun and friendly

I haven't done any TT's but most of my races seem similar as everyone sets
off at their own pace (quicker than me) and I don't see them much until the
finish.

--
OJ
http://www.oliverjones.eclipse.co.uk/

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.
Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)

"Guy Ballantine" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I haven't done any TT's but most of my races seem similar as everyone sets
> off at their own pace (quicker than me) and I don't see them much until
> the finish.

Thing is, with the Rudy Project Series, classed as a disabled rider, you
have an 'adjustment factor' (not sure if that's the correct term, but it'll
do for now), which depends upon your level of disability. Whatever time you
do is 'adjusted' by this factor - so you may win... and quite legitimately
too.

In article <[email protected]>, w*a*ff£y£cat*@
£btco*nn£ect.com says...
> I used my 'bent trike today, to cycle into town to pick up the local rag and
> post a few letters.
>
> Great fun. Loads of 'WTF?' moments by drivers who all proceeded to give me
> far more room on the road than when I'm on my 'normal' bike. Loads of little
> kids stopping to look, bottom jaws dropping and then great big grins and
> loads of waves from them. Don't call Norbert my 'smilemobile' for nothing..
> :)
>
> The best bit was when I pulled in at the side of the road near some
> sheffield stands in order to park up & lock the Trice. I stop at the sideof
> the road, unclip, and proceed to get up.
>
> Man walking along pavement says "Are you okay?"
> Me: "Yes, thanks."
> Man: "Would you like a hand?"
> Me: "That's kind, but I'm okay."
> Man: It's one of those handcycles, then?
> Me: No.
> Man: Where's it's engine then?
> Me: points to legs and says "Here."
> Man: Thwaps himself on the head and says, "Of course! I thought you were
> disabled and couldn't walk!"
>
> During the above conversation, I'd unclipped from the Trice, stood up,
> walked to back of Trice, picked up the frame at the rear and walked it to
> the sheffield stand. During which time said man hadn't clicked that I was
> walking....

Technically its known as "disconfirming information"

--
Tony

" I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong."
Bertrand Russell