Power meters · Public discussion

Garmin 705 and srm/powertap

Started by bpatterson · · Last activity · 10 posts · 3,117 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Power meters
Published
17 September 2008
Last activity
24 September 2008
Original author
bpatterson
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,117
Views / 30 days
10

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am about to make the leap I have bought the Garmin 705 and will test it with the powertap this weekend at the LBS I am still looking at the srm and/or I will need to pick a race/train wheel to build the powertap I would like as many opinions as I can get already have a Garmin 305 The 705 will be here Friday

  2. Unless you are a beta tester for saris then the powertap doesnt work with a garmin 705. the new ones coming out later this year(we'll see when they do show up) are going to be compatible with the garmin...
    they also claim there will be a firmware-update that will allow the older wireless models to work but that's all we have heard

  3. so no build suggestion😕 I'm sure it will be available after next week

  4. bpatterson said:

    so no build suggestion😕 I'm sure it will be available after next week

    talked with my friend at saris 1 minute ago, he says he doesnt know when they will be out. mid to late fall he guesses.
    however, they current ones are upgradeable so it is probably more important for you to get something and start training with power!

  5. I just rode a test wheel with an open pro ...man that thing is heavy

  6. and slow downhilll

  7. bpatterson said:

    and slow downhilll

    Heavier rear hub affects downhill speed??
    If you actually do purchase a powermeter and use it effectively you will realize how unimportant equipment choice is. 5 watts saved by more expensive wheels with ineffective training will leave you at about -50 watts from where you would have been...

  8. first day reaction Climbed 3 steep hills 3 quick descents first one was 45 ussually 48 second was 50 ussually 54 third was 53 normally 55+😎 the climbs were steep and the bike felt much heavier ... I understand the training and watts but The premises is which one do I get and if a powertap which wheel. I've been gapped on one of these hills during a race and never got back that gap back up the next hill. If I can do the srm with no weight gain ....... 🙄 but I have a week to keep this powertap going

  9. ?

    I have a Powertap wireless and, although the hub is heavy, I have a DT 1.1 rim and 28 Sapim C-X Ray spokes. The wheel is the same or lighter than my open pro with standard DT spokes and 9 speed DA hubs

  10. The Garmin 705 on the other hand is a nifty piece of bike "stuff" went out to a course did the last mile then went east then south then east and so on ...pulled up the map clicked on where I wanted to go and turn by turn direction just like the garrmin in my car .. what a great tool to explore the country side with

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.