Garmin Connect/Edge 500 question

avidprime

Jan 25, 2010
HI All, I was curious to know if anyone on here is a regular user of the Garmin Edge 500 and the Garmin Connect site. If so... Is it possible for me to download the route (to my edge 500) that another rider posted on the Garmin site? I can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks guys
Chris

Sure, here's the process:

Hook up your Edge via USB and ensure that it has been recognized by your computer
Go to Garmin Connect and login
Click on the "Explore" tab
Find the activity/route you'd like to download
Open the detailed view of the activity (click on it from the list on the left)
Under the map window in the detailed view of the activity click on "Send to Device" (on the far right of the options under the map)

Thanks so much Sid

Chris

Sid Nitzerglobi said:

Hook up your Edge via USB and ensure that it has been recognized by your computer
Under the map window in the detailed view of the activity click on "Send to Device" (on the far right of the options under the map)

Sid, one more for ya... How is the "Export" button used? I notice the 3 types of files that can be created from that button but don't have a clue as to how they could be used. Any insight ???

Thanks again Sid
Chris

Sid Nitzerglobi said:

Export basically lets you download a file to your computer that contains a subset of the data collected by the Edge in a file format that is compatible with various 3rd party software (ie:SportTracks,etc.).

I've been using .gpx as it seems to contain more of the data than .tcx when importing into SportTracks. Haven't checked out .kml though.

Ahh, thank you again Sid. Another good explanation.

Thanks again
Chris

Sid Nitzerglobi said:
Export basically lets you download a file to your computer that contains a subset of the data collected by the Edge in a file format that is compatible with various 3rd party software (ie:SportTracks,etc.).

I've been using .gpx as it seems to contain more of the data than .tcx when importing into SportTracks. Haven't checked out .kml though.