Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Garmin Edge 605 and 705 with mapping

Started by RedwoodsMtBiker · · Last activity · 10 posts · 2,083 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
29 August 2007
Last activity
15 October 2007
Original author
RedwoodsMtBiker
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,083
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Thought this might interest some of you. It looks pretty cool.

    Garmin Edge 605 and 705 with mapping

    Rich Owings

  2. RedwoodsMtBiker said:

    Thought this might interest some of you. It looks pretty cool.

    Garmin Edge 605 and 705 with mapping

    Rich Owings

    and power meter, and colour screen, and I like the sound of "microSD card with City Nav NT maps".

    Getting excited!!

  3. I've updated the post with images and links to the Garmin web pages:

    Garmin Edge 605

    Garmin Edge 705

  4. peterlip said:

    and power meter, and colour screen, and I like the sound of "microSD card with City Nav NT maps".

    Getting excited!!

    The way I understand it is you need a third party device such as the Quarq coupled with the Garmin. It does not look like you will get power out of the box.

  5. This is exciting. I already enjoy the 305, but to have the possibility of power (if it works correctly), maps and ride data in one package will be real enticing.

  6. Markz said:

    The way I understand it is you need a third party device such as the Quarq coupled with the Garmin. It does not look like you will get power out of the box.


    It allows you to mix and match. It sounds like you can use a wireless 2.4 powertap on your rear hub but now use the Garmin 705 or the Quarq as the head unit instead of the one supplied by powertap. (now I am assuming the powertap will be on the compatible list.)

    Its a wireless technology that allows mixing and matching of power sensors.

  7. I need fresh 'undies'... (asuming it works with PT 2.4:eek: 😕 )

  8. I'm glad I got my 305 recently, at a big discount. It keeps me from lusting after this one. Not worth the difference for me, but looks like a nice upgrade.

  9. Been waiting for this for a long time. But how can I justify adding a third GPS unit in a household? 😕

  10. And just as we are getting excited, the release date has been pushed from December 2007 to Q1 2008.
    No christmas present this year...

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.