George Stella back sliding????

Kalish

Guest
Has anyone else noticed that George Stella looks like he's *gained*
some weight in the new episodes of "Low Carb and Lovin' It"????? I
think maybe he's been doing a little too much "sampling" in the last
few months. Or maybe at this point in his weight loss he needs to cut
back on the calories. I like George, he's very personable, but I hate
to see anyone going down that slippery slope.... K.

I think he had some retained weight after losing the huge weight. I hope he
is not regaining. I don't see regain in his face, but his midsection is
still large.

I recently saw a commercial with Jarrod of Subway. He looked like he had
gained some weight to me.

news:[email protected]...

Cubit wrote:
> I think he had some retained weight after losing the huge weight. I hope he
> is not regaining. I don't see regain in his face, but his midsection is
> still large.
>
> I recently saw a commercial with Jarrod of Subway. He looked like he had
> gained some weight to me.

Well, a life of Subway will eventually catch up with you.

Come visit my low carb forum!
http://slipperystar.suddenlaunch3.com

"Kalish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Has anyone else noticed that George Stella looks like he's *gained*
> some weight in the new episodes of "Low Carb and Lovin' It"????? I
> think maybe he's been doing a little too much "sampling" in the last
> few months. Or maybe at this point in his weight loss he needs to cut
> back on the calories. I like George, he's very personable, but I hate
> to see anyone going down that slippery slope.... K.

I've kept off 50 lbs for 6 years now on LC, but I still will fluctuate 10
lbs or so during the course of the year. Also the older we get the fatter
our faces look unfortunately! LOL

--
*Atkins guy, 50 lbs permanently off over
6 years!

--
JK Sinrod
Sinrod Stained Glass Studios

I disagree. The facial weight gain with aging is a characteristic of modern
ways of eating. If you look at pictures from hunter-gatherers, such as some
Native Americans, the old people do not show weight gain in their faces.
The skin however does tend to sag in odd large wrinkles.

"Glassman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[snip]

> Also the older we get the fatter
> our faces look unfortunately! LOL

Hi,
On 13-Dec-2004, Graphic Queen <[email protected]> wrote:

> What time and what channel is he on please?

Hey, did you finally get sick of ol' Linus or just branching out?

Usenet is a mighty small place sometimes. :)

Take care,
Carmen

"Cubit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I disagree. The facial weight gain with aging is a characteristic of

modern
> ways of eating. If you look at pictures from hunter-gatherers, such as

some
> Native Americans, the old people do not show weight gain in their faces.
> The skin however does tend to sag in odd large wrinkles.

Maturity ages faces and necks. Nothing to do with body types or diet. You
may be influenced by celebrities that get themselves tucked.

--
JK Sinrod
Sinrod Stained Glass Studios
www.sinrodstudios.com
Coney Island Memories
www.sinrodstudios.com/coneymemories

Faces:

http://www.acclaimimages.com/_gallery/_SM/0018-0402-0710-3725_SM.jpg

http://www.nmnh.si.edu/naa/images/shindler_gn_01280a.jpg

http://img85.exs.cx/img85/5324/4184web.jpg

"Glassman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Cubit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I disagree. The facial weight gain with aging is a characteristic of

> modern
> > ways of eating. If you look at pictures from hunter-gatherers, such as

> some
> > Native Americans, the old people do not show weight gain in their faces.
> > The skin however does tend to sag in odd large wrinkles.
> >

> Maturity ages faces and necks. Nothing to do with body types or diet.

You
> may be influenced by celebrities that get themselves tucked.
>
> --
> JK Sinrod
> Sinrod Stained Glass Studios
> www.sinrodstudios.com
> Coney Island Memories
> www.sinrodstudios.com/coneymemories

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 14:43:27 GMT, Graphic Queen <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 00:05:02 -0500, "Glassman" <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>

>>"Kalish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...

>>*Atkins guy, 50 lbs permanently off over
>>6 years!

>What time and what channel is he on please?

Are you asking about Atkins guy, 50 lbs off or George Stella? George
is a former professional chef who weighed something like 450 pounds
and finally couldn't work anymore. His two young sons were both
grossly overweight as well. They all went on Atkins - one son lost
something like 150 pounds. George did well, but he still has a big
tire around the middle (it's NOT his face) that seems to be getting
bigger. He has a show on the FoodChannel called "Low Carb and Lovin'
It" - it's on at different times. Check your local listings, as they
say. K.

Its probably likely that its not a 'tire' but loose skin. After losing over
half his body weight he would have had a lot of excess skin that unless he
had surgery had to pile up somewhere.

news:eek:[email protected]...

Deb wrote:

>Its probably likely that its not a 'tire' but loose skin. After losing over
>half his body weight he would have had a lot of excess skin that unless he
>had surgery had to pile up somewhere.

No, the point of the discussion is whether he's now getting *bigger* around the
middle. I have no doubt that he has a lot of excess skin on him, but it doesn't
suddenly appear after two years of being thinner around the middle.

..:. Craig

"Kalish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 14:43:27 GMT, Graphic Queen <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 00:05:02 -0500, "Glassman" <[email protected]>
> >wrote:
> >

> >>"Kalish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >>news:[email protected]...

> >>*Atkins guy, 50 lbs permanently off over
> >>6 years!

> >What time and what channel is he on please?

> Are you asking about Atkins guy, 50 lbs off or George Stella? George
> is a former professional chef who weighed something like 450 pounds
> and finally couldn't work anymore. His two young sons were both
> grossly overweight as well. They all went on Atkins - one son lost
> something like 150 pounds. George did well, but he still has a big
> tire around the middle (it's NOT his face) that seems to be getting
> bigger. He has a show on the FoodChannel called "Low Carb and Lovin'
> It" - it's on at different times. Check your local listings, as they
> say. K.

I thought we were talking about fat faces?

--
JK Sinrod
Sinrod Stained Glass Studios
www.sinrodstudios.com
Coney Island Memories
www.sinrodstudios.com/coneymemories

Hi,
On 13-Dec-2004, Graphic Queen <[email protected]> wrote:

> >Hey, did you finally get sick of ol' Linus or just branching out?
> >
> >Usenet is a mighty small place sometimes. :)
> >
> >Take care,
> >Carmen

> And who are you and who is Linus?

I was a short timer in the RV group. The useful info was almost
buried in the noise, so I unsubbed. Linus is Lone Haranguer.

Take care,
Carmen

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Graphic Queen wrote:

> Ahhhhhhhhh Yeah, got really sick of the majority of them. I still post
> things here and there but of course since they can't stand to read any
> truth many of them have me in their kill files. I laugh though because
> all one has to do is change their email addy to mess with their kill
> files.

Autre pays autre moeurs. Could I request that when you're posting in ASDLC
that you keep the same address or at least don't intentionally morph it to
evade killfile filters?

Thanks,
Martha

--
"ALPO is 99 cents a can. That's over SEVEN dog dollars!!"
Revek - ASDLC

email him! I have corresponded with him personally quite a few times.
He really is a sweet guy!

On 14 Dec 2004 15:24:53 -0800, "Laureen" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>email him! I have corresponded with him personally quite a few times.
>He really is a sweet guy!

I agree - he seems really nice and he did an incredible job losing
weight - I'd hate to see him start gaining it back.

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 02:33:53 GMT, Craig Smith <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Deb wrote:
>
>>Its probably likely that its not a 'tire' but loose skin. After losing over
>>half his body weight he would have had a lot of excess skin that unless he
>>had surgery had to pile up somewhere.

>No, the point of the discussion is whether he's now getting *bigger* around the
>middle. I have no doubt that he has a lot of excess skin on him, but it doesn't
>suddenly appear after two years of being thinner around the middle.
>
>.:. Craig

Exactly - my point was, he looks like he's bigger around the middle
than when he started the show. Losing the amount of weight that he
did is an incredible achievement - but I think it's creeping back.

"Cubit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Faces:
>
> http://www.acclaimimages.com/_gallery/_SM/0018-0402-0710-3725_SM.jpg
>
> http://www.nmnh.si.edu/naa/images/shindler_gn_01280a.jpg
>
> http://img85.exs.cx/img85/5324/4184web.jpg

Now that's silly. Do you have any idea what they looked like when they
were young? Check out young then old pix of the same people, and then try to
convince me that their faces and necks aren't thicker. What they eat has
nothing to do with it. Look no further than Tom Hanks, Robert DiNiro,
Harrison Ford, Sean Connery. All in great shape, but whose faces and necks
are very different now. I'm only using them because we all know what they
looked like before and after the last 30 years. Sure there are cases of an
older guy that is 30 lbs thinner when he is 80 than when he was 30, but what
you eat has no bearing on it.

--

Glassman wrote:

> Now that's silly. Do you have any idea what they looked like when they
> were young? Check out young then old pix of the same people, and then try to
> convince me that their faces and necks aren't thicker. What they eat has
> nothing to do with it. Look no further than Tom Hanks, Robert DiNiro,
> Harrison Ford, Sean Connery. All in great shape, but whose faces and necks
> are very different now.

Interesting though, that two of the actors you named (Tom Hanks and
DiNiro), both did a lot of weight loss/gain for parts. Take someone
like Clint Eastwood or Jimmy Stewart... not a lot of thickening there.

Perhaps yoyo dieting is the culprit?

Jennifer