General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Gergory Z pack 55 vs. Golite Quest

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 7 posts · 312 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
16 September 2007
Last activity
17 September 2007
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
312
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi all

    I am looking for a lightweight rucksack for multi-day backpacking
    camping trips.

    I think I have narrowed by choice down to these two which both seem to
    be up to the job.

    Does anyone have an opinion on either of them or a recomendation for
    an alternative lightweight sack in the 50-70L size range?

    All advice greatfully recieved

    Anthony

  2. Quoted message said:

    Does anyone have an opinion on either of them or a recomendation for
    an alternative lightweight sack in the 50-70L size range?

    Whichever one *you* find more comfortable with a suitably
    representative load on board. If they're about equal and both have
    the features you want choose by price, if the same price choose by
    colour, if they're the same colour toss a coin... If you've not
    found a shop where you can try in person order both mail order and
    send back the one that loses: trying on in person is the best way
    to be sure it fits *you* as comfortably as possible.

    Pete.
    --
    Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
    Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Univ. of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital
    Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
    net [email hidden] http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  3. Quoted message said:

    Hi all

    I am looking for a lightweight rucksack for multi-day backpacking
    camping trips.

    I think I have narrowed by choice down to these two which both seem to
    be up to the job.

    Does anyone have an opinion on either of them or a recomendation for
    an alternative lightweight sack in the 50-70L size range?

    All advice greatfully recieved

    Anthony


    How about one of these, at the bottom end of your range, but very light:

    Quoted message said:

    http://www.shelby.fi/forum/viewtopic.php?t=391

    I dare say it could be made bigger with only a little added weight.

    --
    Kate XXXXXX R.C.T.Q Madame Chef des Trolls
    Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons
    http://www.katedicey.co.uk
    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  4. Kate XXXXXX said:
    Quoted message said:


    How about one of these, at the bottom end of your range, but very
    light:

    Quoted message said:

    http://www.shelby.fi/forum/viewtopic.php?t=391

    I dare say it could be made bigger with only a little added weight.

    He did a neat job on that rucksack..

    --
    Malc

  5. Indeed, very nice system
    Dave
    "Malc" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Kate XXXXXX said:
    Quoted message said:


    How about one of these, at the bottom end of your range, but very
    light:

    Quoted message said:

    http://www.shelby.fi/forum/viewtopic.php?t=391

    I dare say it could be made bigger with only a little added weight.

    He did a neat job on that rucksack..

    --
    Malc

  6. On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 10:36:13 -0700, "[email hidden]" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Does anyone have an opinion on either of them or a recomendation for
    an alternative lightweight sack in the 50-70L size range?

    All advice greatfully recieved

    Anthony

    I recently replaced my heavy Lowe pack with the Golite Quest and after a few trips I'm really
    pleased with it. It's very supportive and comfortable for the weight, and cinches down well when
    less than full. I did a review here:

    http://v-g.me.uk/GearTech/GearTech-Equipment-GoliteQuestRV.htm

    I haven't seen the Gregory packs so I can't compare them.

    -- GeoffC

    Take out TheEnemy to email me

    Website: http://v-g.me.uk
    Blog: http://v-g.me.uk/blog/

  7. Quoted message said:

    Hi all

    I am looking for a lightweight rucksack for multi-day backpacking
    camping trips.

    I think I have narrowed by choice down to these two which both seem to
    be up to the job.

    Does anyone have an opinion on either of them or a recomendation for
    an alternative lightweight sack in the 50-70L size range?

    I've got a Golite Trek. It's certainly light, but I don't find the hip
    belt very comfortable - it's very skimpy. Also, the floating top is a
    real pain - it floats all over the place! I used it recently on a 4 day
    trek and wished I'd sacrificed some weight saving and taken my Karrimor
    Condor instead.

    Jim Ford

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.