General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Getting a Handle on the Trolls

Started by Hobbes · · Last activity · 47 posts · 1,021 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
18 October 2005
Last activity
22 October 2005
Original author
Hobbes
Posts
47
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,021
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 47
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Okay, in my world the only bad troll is a humorless troll. So I have no
    problem accepting 'trolls' (if I may use that word even though I don't
    think it is a perfect description of their behaviour) like Charles and
    David.

    OTOH, Hank is simply vitriolic and I pretty much ignore him.

    Recently MFW has been subject to a whole pile of new trolls.
    Unfortunately the troll appears to be stalked by another troll and I'm
    having a hard time sorting it out, since the original troll seemed to be
    another humorless type who basically hurled homophobic insults at all
    who got in his way. I thought they were the same person for a bit.

    The Bill Rogers and TheBillRogers that is. However, I still read them
    once in a while and it seems to me that TheBillRogers has a sense of
    humor.

    So, since I haven't been following this. Who is who? I'm thinking that
    'The Bill Rogers' is basically the humorless [censored] who claimed he could
    destroy MFW like he had done all these other news groups and
    'TheBillRogers' is intent on destroying 'The Bill Rogers', but to
    his/her/its credit has a sense of humor and does make for some fun
    reading.

    Am I correct or have I simply missed too many of the posts? Or senility
    on my part as I slip into old age?

    --
    Keith

  2. On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 12:53:46 -0600, Hobbes <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Who is who? I'm thinking that
    'The Bill Rogers' is basically the humorless [censored] who claimed he could
    destroy MFW like he had done all these other news groups

    I am he, and I only post from this addy. Block the rest, they are my
    stalker/impersonator.

  3. "TheBillRodgers" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 12:53:46 -0600, Hobbes <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Who is who? I'm thinking that
    'The Bill Rogers' is basically the humorless [censored] who claimed he could
    destroy MFW like he had done all these other news groups

    I am he, and I only post from this addy. Block the rest, they are my
    stalker/impersonator.

    Sure. And I am the *real* David - block that other dude who is just a cheap
    imitation!

  4. "Hobbes" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Okay, in my world the only bad troll is a humorless troll. So I have no
    problem accepting 'trolls' (if I may use that word even though I don't
    think it is a perfect description of their behaviour) like Charles and
    David.

    OTOH, Hank is simply vitriolic and I pretty much ignore him.

    Recently MFW has been subject to a whole pile of new trolls.
    Unfortunately the troll appears to be stalked by another troll and I'm
    having a hard time sorting it out, since the original troll seemed to be
    another humorless type who basically hurled homophobic insults at all
    who got in his way. I thought they were the same person for a bit.

    The Bill Rogers and TheBillRogers that is. However, I still read them
    once in a while and it seems to me that TheBillRogers has a sense of
    humor.

    So, since I haven't been following this. Who is who? I'm thinking that
    'The Bill Rogers' is basically the humorless [censored] who claimed he could
    destroy MFW like he had done all these other news groups and
    'TheBillRogers' is intent on destroying 'The Bill Rogers', but to
    his/her/its credit has a sense of humor and does make for some fun
    reading.

    Am I correct or have I simply missed too many of the posts? Or senility
    on my part as I slip into old age?

    --
    Keith

    I can understand if someone wanted to impersonate or stalk a troll like
    Lysis. But why on earth would someone want to impersonate The Bill Rogers?
    My opinion is that they are all the TBR's are one and the same.

  5. "Dally" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Hobbes said:

    Okay, in my world the only bad troll is a humorless troll. So I have no
    problem accepting 'trolls' (if I may use that word even though I don't
    think it is a perfect description of their behaviour) like Charles and
    David. OTOH, Hank is simply vitriolic and I pretty much ignore him.

    Recently MFW has been subject to a whole pile of new trolls.
    Unfortunately the troll appears to be stalked by another troll and I'm
    having a hard time sorting it out, since the original troll seemed to be
    another humorless type who basically hurled homophobic insults at all who
    got in his way. I thought they were the same person for a bit.

    The Bill Rogers and TheBillRogers that is. However, I still read them
    once in a while and it seems to me that TheBillRogers has a sense of
    humor.

    I agree that this is confusing. The stalkee troll uses a comcast address
    and has a "d" in Rodgers. He appears to post vaguely on topic with regard
    to running. Other than that he seems to be obsessed with people's anuses
    and the activities their anuses might be involved in, and making fat jokes
    about me that don't make any sense and don't rise to the level of being
    humorous. His crime, in my mind, is that he is so utterly boring.

    His stalker is a curious thing, because he seems to be mostly just
    glorifying the stalkee. He shows pictures of some normal looking guy that
    is probably The Bill Rodgers, he makes racist jokes, he posts boring
    diatribes about someone's family's misdeeds, and is completely missable in
    every single way. Honestly, it feels to me like the stalker is just a
    sock puppet of the stalked.

    Quoted message said:

    Am I correct or have I simply missed too many of the posts? Or senility
    on my part as I slip into old age?

    Well, it sounds like you might need a new hobby if you're spending any
    effort trying to keep these things straight. Don't they have daytime up
    there in the Great White North?

    Dally

    You are right Dally. If only Keith could be athletic and into sports as you
    are - it would certainly round out his life!

  6. Hobbes said:

    Okay, in my world the only bad troll is a humorless troll. So I have no
    problem accepting 'trolls' (if I may use that word even though I don't
    think it is a perfect description of their behaviour) like Charles and
    David.

    OTOH, Hank is simply vitriolic and I pretty much ignore him.

    Recently MFW has been subject to a whole pile of new trolls.
    Unfortunately the troll appears to be stalked by another troll and I'm
    having a hard time sorting it out, since the original troll seemed to be
    another humorless type who basically hurled homophobic insults at all
    who got in his way. I thought they were the same person for a bit.

    The Bill Rogers and TheBillRogers that is. However, I still read them
    once in a while and it seems to me that TheBillRogers has a sense of
    humor.

    I agree that this is confusing. The stalkee troll uses a comcast
    address and has a "d" in Rodgers. He appears to post vaguely on topic
    with regard to running. Other than that he seems to be obsessed with
    people's anuses and the activities their anuses might be involved in,
    and making fat jokes about me that don't make any sense and don't rise
    to the level of being humorous. His crime, in my mind, is that he is so
    utterly boring.

    His stalker is a curious thing, because he seems to be mostly just
    glorifying the stalkee. He shows pictures of some normal looking guy
    that is probably The Bill Rodgers, he makes racist jokes, he posts
    boring diatribes about someone's family's misdeeds, and is completely
    missable in every single way. Honestly, it feels to me like the stalker
    is just a sock puppet of the stalked.

    Quoted message said:

    Am I correct or have I simply missed too many of the posts? Or senility
    on my part as I slip into old age?

    Well, it sounds like you might need a new hobby if you're spending any
    effort trying to keep these things straight. Don't they have daytime up
    there in the Great White North?

    Dally

  7. Hobbes said:

    Okay, in my world the only bad troll is a humorless troll. So I have no
    problem accepting 'trolls' (if I may use that word even though I don't
    think it is a perfect description of their behaviour) like Charles and
    David.

    OTOH, Hank is simply vitriolic and I pretty much ignore him.

    Recently MFW has been subject to a whole pile of new trolls.
    Unfortunately the troll appears to be stalked by another troll and I'm
    having a hard time sorting it out, since the original troll seemed to be
    another humorless type who basically hurled homophobic insults at all
    who got in his way. I thought they were the same person for a bit.

    The Bill Rogers and TheBillRogers that is. However, I still read them
    once in a while and it seems to me that TheBillRogers has a sense of
    humor.

    So, since I haven't been following this. Who is who? I'm thinking that
    'The Bill Rogers' is basically the humorless [censored] who claimed he could
    destroy MFW like he had done all these other news groups and
    'TheBillRogers' is intent on destroying 'The Bill Rogers', but to
    his/her/its credit has a sense of humor and does make for some fun
    reading.

    Am I correct or have I simply missed too many of the posts? Or senility
    on my part as I slip into old age?

    You have it partially reversed. "TheBillRodgers" is Bill Davidson, the
    original troll who vowed to destroy MFW. His IP addresses have pretty
    consistently been 66.31.203.8 or 71.195.136.68, both of which are
    ComCast servers in Massachusetts, and recently, he has been posting
    through the ComCast news server using Forte Agent. He previously
    posted under such names as "lancearmstrong" using the Google interface
    and claimed that he could come up with new IDs as fast as people could
    killfile him or get him ToSsed. His trolling has varied from benign to
    nasty, but he has become a little more circumspect about what he writes
    and the words he uses, apparently realizing that even ComCast will not
    tolerate some things. After all, what life would he have if he lost
    his Internet access?

    "The Bill Rodgers" is the fake who trolls the troll by lampooning him.
    At first, he did some pretty good impressions of Davidson, but
    recently, he has gotten pretty vile, mostly in terms of the racist [censored]
    he has been posting. He almost always posts through the TeraNews
    interface using Microsoft Outlook Express, and his originating IP
    address is masked. As of late, his stuff has been pretty humorless.

    It's hard to tell the difference by just judging from the space between
    the words because each of them has used both styles. You need to look
    at the headers.

  8. On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 05:41:44 +1000, "David" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    My opinion is that they are all the TBR's are one and the same.

    Then you are a moron who can't trace a post. I guess you think
    (theoretical in your case, since you obviously can't) I'm making fun
    of myself, my family, my mother, etc etc?

  9. Dally said:

    fat jokes about me

    Translated: oink oink, oink, oink oink oink,

  10. "TheBillRodgers" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 05:41:44 +1000, "David" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    My opinion is that they are all the TBR's are one and the same.

    Then you are a moron who can't trace a post. I guess you think
    (theoretical in your case, since you obviously can't) I'm making fun
    of myself, my family, my mother, etc etc?


    http://img433.imageshack.us/my.php?image=davidsonsheepbang1cq.jpg

  11. "TheBillRodgers" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 05:41:44 +1000, "David" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    My opinion is that they are all the TBR's are one and the same.

    Then you are a moron who can't trace a post. I guess you think
    (theoretical in your case, since you obviously can't) I'm making fun
    of myself, my family, my mother, etc etc?

    It's true, I can't trace a post. Playing newsgroup detective has never been
    a fascination of mine.

  12. "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "TheBillRodgers" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 05:41:44 +1000, "David" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    My opinion is that they are all the TBR's are one and the same.

    Then you are a moron who can't trace a post. I guess you think
    (theoretical in your case, since you obviously can't) I'm making fun
    of myself, my family, my mother, etc etc?

    It's true, I can't trace a post. Playing newsgroup detective has never
    been a fascination of mine.


    Ever see what TBR did to rec.music.makers.bagpipe ?

  13. "TheBillRodgers" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:1129673517.5195f4785bfe5a73692bf46ff0a08dc7@teranews...

    Quoted message said:


    "David" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "TheBillRodgers" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 05:41:44 +1000, "David" <[email hidden]>
    wrote:

    >My opinion is that they are all the TBR's are one and the same.

    Then you are a moron who can't trace a post. I guess you think
    (theoretical in your case, since you obviously can't) I'm making fun
    of myself, my family, my mother, etc etc?

    It's true, I can't trace a post. Playing newsgroup detective has never
    been a fascination of mine.


    Ever see what TBR did to rec.music.makers.bagpipe ?


    No. But I gather it may not have been pleasant?

  14. On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 08:07:06 +1000, "David" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    It's true, I can't trace a post. Playing newsgroup detective has never been
    a fascination of mine.

    Then common sense should prevail, but I notice you ignored the rest of
    my post.

  15. On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 08:15:54 +1000, "David" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    No. But I gather it may not have been pleasant

    I'll reply. No, it was not pleasant. But in that case the skirts
    challenged me, and lost. That was a pretty simple case.
    Bill Davidson

  16. "TheBillRodgers" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 08:07:06 +1000, "David" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    It's true, I can't trace a post. Playing newsgroup detective has never
    been
    a fascination of mine.

    Then common sense should prevail, but I notice you ignored the rest of
    my post.

    You mean the sheep? I thought it was mildly amusing

  17. "TheBillRodgers" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 08:15:54 +1000, "David" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    No. But I gather it may not have been pleasant

    I'll reply. No, it was not pleasant. But in that case the skirts
    challenged me, and lost. That was a pretty simple case.
    Bill Davidson

    ugh

  18. On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 08:54:55 +1000, "David" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    You mean the sheep? I thought it was mildly amusing

    No, I mean the "common sense" part. Do you think I am making fun of
    myself, my family, my mother? Am I taking pics of myself and writing
    "my mother fu""ed sheep" on them?
    That's the common sense part I was talking about.
    BTW, thanks for tipping off the idiot about the "d" in Rodgers, and
    the "s" on the end. Now he's using that.

  19. <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 08:54:55 +1000, "David" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    You mean the sheep? I thought it was mildly amusing

    No, I mean the "common sense" part. Do you think I am making fun of
    myself, my family, my mother? Am I taking pics of myself and writing
    "my mother fu""ed sheep" on them?
    That's the common sense part I was talking about.
    BTW, thanks for tipping off the idiot about the "d" in Rodgers, and
    the "s" on the end. Now he's using that.


    http://www.apfn.org/apfn/crybaby.jpg

  20. On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:52:36 -0500, Dally <[email hidden]> wrote in
    misc.fitness.weights:

    Quoted message said:

    His stalker is a curious thing, because he seems to be mostly just
    glorifying the stalkee. He shows pictures of some normal looking guy
    that is probably The Bill Rodgers, he makes racist jokes, he posts
    boring diatribes about someone's family's misdeeds, and is completely
    missable in every single way. Honestly, it feels to me like the stalker
    is just a sock puppet of the stalked.

    I've seen that same picture in the dictionary when I looked up "child
    molester" so no, he's just trying to insult him by posting that
    picture.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.