Glasses, Bolle Edge lenses or Rudy Project Moove???

Gman

Guest
Anyone have a good source for replacement lenses for the
original Bolle Edge glasses? They are even hard to find on
Ebay.

Anyone tried the Rudy Project Moove glasses from
Performance? How big are they? Rx inserts work well?

Still working over my Rx options for biking...

Thanks,
Gman

"Gman" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...
> Anyone have a good source for replacement lenses for the
> original Bolle Edge glasses? They are even hard to find on
> Ebay.
>
> Anyone tried the Rudy Project Moove glasses from
> Performance? How big are they? Rx inserts work well?
>
> Still working over my Rx options for biking...
>
> Thanks,
> Gman

I'm really happy with my rudy project perception glasses with Rx insert in
June. I took me about 12 months of comparing glasses and prices and I
believe to have made a good choice.

Bert L.

--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu

Gman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Anyone have a good source for replacement lenses for the
> original Bolle Edge glasses? They are even hard to find on
> Ebay.
>
> Anyone tried the Rudy Project Moove glasses from
> Performance? How big are they? Rx inserts work well?
>
> Still working over my Rx options for biking...

I've been using the Vigilante for several months now, and I'm happy
with them. Bolle has a similar-looking model that's for smaller faces
so if the style of the Vigilante appeals to you you've basically got
the style in two sizes.

The Rx insert is fairly large and easy to pop in and out. One aspect
of the Vigilante Rx insert which appealed to me is that it sits far
enough away from my face that I'm not constantly brushing them with my
eyelashes - a problem I had with other sunglass/Rx combos.

"Gman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Anyone have a good source for replacement lenses for the
> original Bolle Edge glasses? They are even hard to find on
> Ebay.
>
> Anyone tried the Rudy Project Moove glasses from
> Performance? How big are they? Rx inserts work well?

I got rid of my Edges when I couldn't get the lenses any more. The current
equivalents are Paroles and Vigilantes - I think the Paroles are the smaller
ones, but I had the eyelash problem with those so went with the Vigilantes.
They are a better design than the old Edge and I'm happy with them.
--
Pete
===

Gman <[email protected]> wrote:

> Anyone have a good source for replacement lenses for the
> original Bolle Edge glasses? They are even hard to find on
> Ebay.

Have you tried Bolle directly? 800-222-6553

I was googling for info on lenses for my Edge II's and found this
number recommended, but I haven't tried it yet.

--
Ray Heindl
(remove the Xs to reply to: [email protected])

"Gman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Anyone have a good source for replacement lenses for the
> original Bolle Edge glasses? They are even hard to find on
> Ebay.
>
> Anyone tried the Rudy Project Moove glasses from
> Performance? How big are they? Rx inserts work well?
>
> Still working over my Rx options for biking...
>
> Thanks,
> Gman

Recently went through deciding on Rx options myself. Went round and round
on sport glasses + insert vs. a straight Rx sunglass. Finally decided the
insert route was too complicated (4 surfaces to keep clean + greater
possibility of eyelash interference + some are not compatible w/ progressive
lenes + lower visual quality since your looking through 2 pieces of
plastic). Too much of my riding also ends up being at dusk into darkness,
so the prospect of carrying an extra set of clear outer lenses didn't excite
me (it frightening to see the number of cyclist out in the dark still
wearing their sunglasses).

Ended up finding a relatively inexpensive set of sunglass frames with good
coverage, and had Transition-polycarbonate-progressive lenses put in. Even
though the frames needed 8-base curves lenses, the end result was still very
good. Many opticians wouldn't touch this job with a 10 ft pole because they
believe a fairly highly curved lens in combination with a progressive
doesn't mix, but I found the end result works just fine. I think the only
thing I gave up going this route vs. marketed sport glasses were some style
points (although some sport glasses look pretty dorky after you put in the
Rx insert).