Global Earthquake Advisory for 03/29/06

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD, Mar 11, 2006.

  1. "Bob (this one)" wrote:
> [...]

    > (fake, extrapolated, irrelevant) numbers. And you haven't supported any
    > of it with any testable facts. The simple assertion that *nobody* has
    > failed at it more suggests that *nobody is using it* than that it's so
    > *perfect*. And to claim that you got the 2-pounds of food per day idea
    > from an IMAX film about Everest climbers when the very words of Everest
    > climbers have been given to you in disagreement to that idea makes it
    > outright unbelievable.
    >
    > When you assert that 2 pounds of food is good for weight loss for
    > *everyone* and, further, that it's the *perfect amount of food* for
    > *everyone* under *all* circumstances, simple reason says some parts of
    > that will not stand scrutiny. If some is suspect, all must be
    > demonstrated to be true. You haven't done anything to show its efficacy
    > beyond offering inflated and unbelievable claims. You make the claims,
    > so the burden of proof is on you. Particularly when you throw in all
    > that bunkum and stretched folly from the bible as divine endorsement.
    > Your insistence that the Hebrew marchers ate 2 pounds of manna a day and
    > that's all they ate when the bible contradicts that shows that you're
    > more interested in being "right" than correct. Your insistence that an
    > omer is a weight measure when not one source supports that - not a
    > single one - and all that explain it say it's a volume measure. Once
    > again, you're trying to force definitions to fit your ideas rather than
    > the other, proper, way to use them.
    >
    > So I don't believe that your 2 pound diet is good for permanent weight
    > loss any more than I believe any other diet is. In order for it to be
    > efficacious, it must be adhered to. Just like every other diet. Humans
    > haven't shown themselves to be good at that. So your diet is finally no
    > more nor less and a calorie-restricted eating plan, just as likely to
    > fail as all others. And all your protestation about it not being a diet
    > is just as much nonsense. All directed eating regimens are diets, by
    > definition, no matter how much you want the words to mean something
    > else. If you would concentrate on the actual program and forget all that
    > extra drivel, it might invite serious looks. But as long as you insist
    > on surrounding it with all that claptrap, it comes across as just
    > another to-good-to-be-true bit of inflated, self-serving pomposity.
    >
    > That you would suggest that 2 pounds of food is good for *everyone* at
    > *all times* no matter *age, size, activity level* is nutritional
    > nonsense. Just as all humans differ slightly from each other, we all
    > have differing needs. Feed an Amish farmer 2 pound of food a day and see
    > him be unable to perform his daily tasks. A professional football team.
    > A 90-pound quadriplegic. A teen-aged cheerleader. An 87-year-old,
    > sedentary woman.
    >
    > Old news. All of it. And all of it unexplained, untested, unbelievable.
    >
    > Now you explain why anyone should accept your story.

    Sorry the truth contained within the 2PD-OMER Approach bothers you so
    terribly. Please forgive all my iniquities.

    In the interim, you remain in my prayers, dear Bob whom I love, in
    Jesus' most precious and holy name.

    May GOD continue to touch your life in the ways HE has to draw you
    closer to HIM.

    Will be available to "glow" and chat about this and other things like
    cardiology, diabetes, Bird Flu, the 2006 global earthquake advisory,
    cooking and nutrition that interest those following this thread here
    during the next on-line chat (03/16/06) from 6 to 7 pm EST:

    http://tinyurl.com/8w7uq

    For those who are put off by the signature, my advance apologies for how
    the LORD has reshaped me:

    http://tinyurl.com/7mcuo

    Prayerfully in Christ's love,

    Andrew
    http://tinyurl.com/rgsp8

    Tags:

  2. Bob (this one) wrote:
> [...]
    > >>on surrounding it with all that claptrap, it comes across as just
    > >>another to-good-to-be-true bit of inflated, self-serving pomposity.
    > >>
    > >>That you would suggest that 2 pounds of food is good for *everyone* at
    > >>*all times* no matter *age, size, activity level* is nutritional
    > >>nonsense. Just as all humans differ slightly from each other, we all
    > >>have differing needs. Feed an Amish farmer 2 pound of food a day and see
    > >>him be unable to perform his daily tasks. A professional football team.
    > >>A 90-pound quadriplegic. A teen-aged cheerleader. An 87-year-old,
    > >>sedentary woman.
    > >>
    > >>Old news. All of it. And all of it unexplained, untested, unbelievable.
    > >>
    > >>Now you explain why anyone should accept your story.
    > >>
    > >>Pastorio

    > > Sorry the truth contained within the 2PD-OMER Approach bothers you so

    Without the LORD, there can be only despair.

    For this you will remain in my prayers, dear Bob whom I love, in Jesus'
    most precious and holy name.

    May GOD continue to draw you closer to HIM.

    Amen.

  3. Bob (this one) wrote:
    > Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
    > > Bob (this one) wrote:

    > >><LOL>

    > I note no truth on offer, Chung. Silent on that matter. I have to laugh
    > at your feeble efforts to distract from the utter vacuum of intelligence
    > in your diet. You *say* there's truth, but you don't *show* it - best
    > reason for that is that there's nothing to show. Since it's so well
    > documented that you are a liar, there's no good reason to give your
    > silly diet any credence. EOFS.
    >
    > Pastorio

    You still remind me of that certain special sponge :)

  4. "Bob (this one)" wrote:

    > Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
    > > Bob (this one) wrote:

    > >>I note no truth on offer, Chung. Silent on that matter. I have to laugh
    > >>at your feeble efforts to distract from the utter vacuum of intelligence
    > >>in your diet. You *say* there's truth, but you don't *show* it - best
    > >>reason for that is that there's nothing to show. Since it's so well
    > >>documented that you are a liar, there's no good reason to give your
    > >>silly diet any credence. EOFS.
    > >>
    > >>Pastorio

    > > You still remind me of that certain special sponge :)

    > Poor Chung reduced to talking about children's TV programs.

    Have you ever flipped a "crabby patty" ?

  5. "Bob (this one)" wrote:

    > Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

    > >>Poor Chung reduced to talking about children's TV programs.

    > > Have you ever flipped a "crabby patty" ?

    > No, but I've flipped off something in your direction.

    Sorry this discourse distresses you. Please forgive all my iniquities.

    > <LOL>

    Sorry for causing your despair. Again, please forgive all my
    iniquities.

    > So you enjoy watching kiddie TV programs?

    The father enjoys being with his child.

    > You seem to know a lot about
    > them.

    The LORD is the source of all wisdom and knowledge.

    > Gotta know about something, huh, Andrew...?

    Simply living a life that is more abundant through LORD Jesus Christ.

  6. Alan Holmes wrote:

    > Please ask the lord to stop your mouth working and make it impossible for
    > you to access the internet.

    Sorry my being openly Christian bothers you so terribly. Please
    forgive all my iniquities.

    You will be in my prayers, dear Alan.

    Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,

    Andrew
    http://tinyurl.com/jjl29

  7. Grizzman

    Grizzman Guest

    Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
    > Alan Holmes wrote:
    >
    >> Please ask the lord to stop your mouth working and make it impossible for
    >> you to access the internet.

    > Sorry my being openly Christian bothers you so terribly. Please
    > forgive all my iniquities.
    >
    > You will be in my prayers, dear Alan.
    >
    > Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,
    >
    > Andrew
    > http://tinyurl.com/jjl29

    there is nothing worse than a person imposing his will on others,
    especially if it is a religious type of will. while yes no one has to
    click on this post, it is incredibly bad taste to post religious stuff
    on a cooking NG...unless it has to do with Okrah "i'm too fat"
    Whiner-phry, hahaha sorry i had to throw that in

    so begone proselytizer!

    Grizzman

    PS. i know what i am talking about as i was raised a JW until i left
    home when i was 15

  8. cybercat

    cybercat Guest

  9. Phred

    Phred Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Alan Holmes wrote:
    >
    >> Please ask the lord to stop your mouth working and make it impossible for
    >> you to access the internet.

    >Sorry my being openly Christian bothers you so terribly. Please
    >forgive all my iniquities.
    >
    >You will be in my prayers, dear Alan.
    >
    >Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,

    Now that I'm getting on in years I find myself preoccupied by the
    hereafter.

    Too often these days, when I walk into a room I have to stop and think
    "What am I here after?"

    Cheers, Phred.

    --
    [email protected]LID

  10. Previously, on alt.atheism, Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD in episode
    <[email protected]>...

    > Alan Holmes wrote:
    >
    >> Please ask the lord to stop your mouth working and make it impossible
    >> for you to access the internet.

    > Sorry my being openly Christian bothers you so terribly. Please forgive
    > all my iniquities.

    So have macros that take over your posting when your wee little brain
    overflows?

    --
    Mark K. Bilbo
    "As hip as it is for outsiders to blame New Orleans

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?V180525DC

    "Everything New Orleans"
    http://www.nola.com

  11. Mark K. Bilbo wrote:
    > Previously, on alt.atheism, Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD in episode
    > <[email protected]>...
    >
    > > Alan Holmes wrote:
    > >
    > >> Please ask the lord to stop your mouth working and make it impossible
    > >> for you to access the internet.

    > > Sorry my being openly Christian bothers you so terribly. Please forgive
    > > all my iniquities.

    > So have macros that take over your posting when your wee little brain
    > overflows?

    No.

    Still praying for your endangered soul, dear Mark.

    Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,

    Andrew
    http://tinyurl.com/jjl29

  12. Grizzman

    Grizzman Guest

    One should never impose their will on others especially if it is a
    religious will. i was raised a lousy JW and i pretty much know what i am
    talking about.

    BEGONE proselytizer! go back to the haughty self righteous hell you came
    from

    Grizzman

  13. Previously, on alt.atheism, Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD in episode
    <[email protected]>...

    > Mark K. Bilbo wrote:
    >> Previously, on alt.atheism, Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD in episode
    >> <[email protected]>...

    >> > Sorry my being openly Christian bothers you so terribly. Please
    >> > forgive all my iniquities.

    >> So have macros that take over your posting when your wee little brain
    >> overflows?

    > No.

    And yet this is, what, the third time you've posted this exact text?

    --
    Mark K. Bilbo
    "As hip as it is for outsiders to blame New Orleans
    for everything bad that happened during and after
    Hurricane Katrina, the truth is that the people
    who lived here were much more prepared for a big
    storm than the federal government that promised
    us flood protection." [Jarvis DeBerry]

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?V180525DC

    "Everything New Orleans"
    http://www.nola.com

  14. Grizzman

    Grizzman Guest

    Mark K. Bilbo wrote:

    > And yet this is, what, the third time you've posted this exact text?

    obviously a "canned" prayer, chicken dick cant even say his "own" prayers.

    Grizzman

  15. Mark K. Bilbo wrote:
    > Previously, on alt.atheism, Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD in episode
    > <[email protected]>...
    >
    > > Mark K. Bilbo wrote:
    > >> Previously, on alt.atheism, Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD in episode
    > >> <[email protected]>...

    > >> So have macros that take over your posting when your wee little brain
    > >> overflows?

    > > No.

    > And yet this is, what, the third time you've posted this exact text?

    Actually, I have typed "No" many times.

    Don't need a macro to do it for me.

    Still praying for your endangered soul, dear Mark.

    Prayerfully in Christ's amazing love,

    Andrew
    http://tinyurl.com/jjl29

  16. JessHC

    JessHC Guest

    Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:
    > Mark K. Bilbo wrote:
    > > Previously, on alt.atheism, Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD in episode
    > > <[email protected]>...

    > > > No.

    > > And yet this is, what, the third time you've posted this exact text?

    > Actually, I have typed "No" many times.

    Because you can't think of anything more substantive.

  17. Previously, on alt.atheism, Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD in episode
    <[email protected]>...

    > Mark K. Bilbo wrote:
    >> Previously, on alt.atheism, Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD in episode
    >> <[email protected]>...

    >> > No.

    >> And yet this is, what, the third time you've posted this exact text?

    > Actually, I have typed "No" many times.

    Without the Haldoperidol and the Lorazepam your posts are meaningless.

    --
    Mark K. Bilbo
    "As hip as it is for outsiders to blame New Orleans
    for everything bad that happened during and after
    Hurricane Katrina, the truth is that the people
    who lived here were much more prepared for a big
    storm than the federal government that promised
    us flood protection." [Jarvis DeBerry]

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?V180525DC

    "Everything New Orleans"
    http://www.nola.com

  18. Grizzman

    Grizzman Guest

    One should never impose their will on others especially if it is a
    religious will. i was raised a lousy JW and i pretty much know what i am
    talking about.

    BEGONE proselytizer! go back to the haughty self righteous hell you came
    from

    Grizzman

  19. Grizzman

    Grizzman Guest

    One should never impose their will on others especially if it is a
    religious will. i was raised a lousy JW and i pretty much know what i am
    talking about.

    BEGONE proselytizer! go back to the haughty self righteous hell you came
    from

    Grizzman

  20. Ben Kaufman

    Ben Kaufman Guest

    On Mon, 29 May 2006 12:43:16 -0500, "Mark K. Bilbo" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Previously, on alt.atheism, Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD in episode
    ><[email protected]>...
    >
    >> Mark K. Bilbo wrote:
    >>> Previously, on alt.atheism, Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD in episode
    >>> <[email protected]>...

    >>> And yet this is, what, the third time you've posted this exact text?

    >> Actually, I have typed "No" many times.

    >Without the Haldoperidol and the Lorazepam your posts are meaningless.

    If he took those meds then he probably wouldn't be posting.

    Ben