Just started cycling again. I have my first three rides done this year on a Pro 300PT. I guess that my FTP is now 240 watt at 69kg. I hope to improve it with 36 watts in 3 months. To get an FTP of 276 watts at 69kg in the beginning of april (4.0 watt/kg).
In july I want to ride La Marmotte. My main goal and the goal that must keep me motivated. I hope to be a member of the "300 watt club" before 7-7-2007 with a weight of 68kg (4.4watt/kg).
So I want to improve my FTP from 3.5watt/kg to 4.4watt/kg in less than 26 weeks (+25.6%). Sounds a little bit unrealistic but I don't want to destroy my dream already.
1) At the very least, equal last years FTP and VO2 max power while weighing 3 kg less. It looks like I have almost met this goal. 2) increase FTP by 5-10% and VO2 max power by the same amount, while weighing 3 kg less than last year.
Nothing like making them public to keep you honest and accountable.....๐
Mine are to better my previous performances in the points races at State & National Masters Track Championships (March), ride PB pursuit times at same events and make the points race final at World Masters Track Championships (October).
I have others but they are my main goals.
Merry Christmas and a safe & fun 2007 to all.๐
Well I'm on track so far....
This weekend I placed 4th on 26 points in the State MMAS3 points race which included gaining a lap on the field in a race that was 2km/h faster (last year I placed 4th with 11 points and that was fast I thought!) and set a PB time in the Individual Pursuit. 2 secs better than previous best and 6 secs better in-competition.
Personal fitness: 1. No more than 1 day per week on rollers. Endure the cold, sleet, snow. 2. Increase FTP to 350 (up from current 317) by April. 3. Decrease weight to 77kg ( currently 79 ) by April 4. Ride more than this year. Moving to 6 days a week instead of 4-5.
Haven't raced yet, so I removed those goals from this list.
FTP 345 Weight 77.3kg this morning. I've had one 5 day week since January. Every other week is 6 days. 4 days since January 1st on the trainer due to weather.
Score Top-10s in collegiate races, maybe upgrade to B level.
Well, I got 15th (of 62) in my first collegiate road race ever, so I'm well on my way to objective 1. I'm pleased with how great I felt at the end of the race, and only wish I was in a better position to take advantage. The second objective will come at my discretion, but I suspect I'll continue racing at this level for a while to see how I stack up.
Just started cycling again. I have my first three rides done this year on a Pro 300PT. I guess that my FTP is now 240 watt at 69kg. I hope to improve it with 36 watts in 3 months. To get an FTP of 276 watts at 69kg in the beginning of april (4.0 watt/kg).
In july I want to ride La Marmotte. My main goal and the goal that must keep me motivated. I hope to be a member of the "300 watt club" before 7-7-2007 with a weight of 68kg (4.4watt/kg).
So I want to improve my FTP from 3.5watt/kg to 4.4watt/kg in less than 26 weeks (+25.6%). Sounds a little bit unrealistic but I don't want to destroy my dream already.
I already have my goal for begin april. I had it after 3 weeks of training ๐๐ At the moment I have a FTP of 297 watts and a P to W ratio of 4.3 watts/kg.
My new goals are:
Before La Marmotte (7 July): 330 watts @ 68 kg => 4.9 watt / kg. ๐ This summer: FTP > 5.0 watt / kg ๐
This weekend I placed 4th on 26 points in the State MMAS3 points race which included gaining a lap on the field in a race that was 2km/h faster (last year I placed 4th with 11 points and that was fast I thought!) and set a PB time in the Individual Pursuit. 2 secs better than previous best and 6 secs better in-competition.
Congrats Alex ๐
Two weeks ago I reached my 1st 2007 goal of FTP 380W (4.5 w/kg) by April or about five weeks ahead of schedule.
FTP is up 40W from last winter and (thankfully) so is 2-hr and 3-hr indoor power. I don't think I've developed a 'duration cliff' this winter with too much short-end work so that makes me optimistic for outdoor long ride/race performance.
I''m not planning on stopping the indoor L4 work as we look to be under snow here for another 4 weeks! I've been gaining 10W every 5-6 weeks so that's time for another complete L4 'long block' before heading outdoors. No real reason to add a lot of supra-threshold work until current gains dry up.
Alex, this might be a good sticky thread if you ask the admin bloke.
1. Raise FTP to 270W (currently at 259) 2. Race lots and upgrade to Cat. 2 3. Ride Snowbird HC in under 50 min.
I just calculated that my FTP increased some 30% in a little over 2 years. I first measured it after a summer of riding, following a 10 year hiatus from cycling. My weight dropped about 7 kg since then. If all goes as planned I should be racing at 5 W/kg (FTP) this year. ๐
OK, I just ate 6 lamingtons for dessert, but its still 06 so that PB doesn't count.
Win club C grade race. Sit in the pack in Vets open grade race, such as ride for life. Match Sideshow_Bob up a hill in RNP.
I'm a cross trainer so I've got other goals such as 200kg deadlift, but thats for a different forum.
mmm only ridden in 2 C grade races in 07, flatted in the first one... Suppose I'm going to have to enter some Vets open grade race.... Hey theres a mistake, its not Sideshow_Bob its Sideshowbob - objective met. Nah Sideshow_Bob getting faster, Brian Crawford better watch out. 200kg nope, still stuck on 160kg - weak hands keep dropping the bar.
-I want to finish in the top 5 at all my XC races this year and get bumped up to Expert (kind of like being moved into mid-pack Cat 3) -I want to get my 1 hour power from 275W last year to 300W+ this year, and my MAP from 375W above 400W. - I want to lose the 5lbs I gained over fall and holidays haha. - I want to start road racing. (Road racing?! Yes, there. I said it. I want to become a roadie.) ๐
Score Top-10s in collegiate races, maybe upgrade to B level.
I got 9th in the University of Maryland crit, my 2nd crit ever. Could have done better but got stuck behind a crash. Hoping for even better results this weekend.
I got 9th in the University of Maryland crit, my 2nd crit ever. Could have done better but got stuck behind a crash. Hoping for even better results this weekend.
surgery on Mar 29th - 8 week recovery :eek: 1. get back on the bike - May 24th - ๐ spinning sooner if permitted by Dr. 2. be in touring shape by July holidays ๐ 3. complete BC Lung Trek in September 07 :p 4 keep wgt @ or below 185 lbs ๐
surgery on Mar 29th - 8 week recovery :eek: 1. get back on the bike - May 24th - ๐ spinning sooner if permitted by Dr. 2. be in touring shape by July holidays ๐ 3. complete BC Lung Trek in September 07 :p 4 keep wgt @ or below 185 lbs ๐
I had a similar layoff after breaking a bone (cuboid) in my foot while track sprint training a couple of years back (caused by a pedal malfunction). It was a gradual return to pedalling - spinning after 8 weeks but no full pressure until 12 weeks.
Your goal is definitely achievable. Here's an example of someone else (Tanya) that had a similar experience of coming back after surgery:
Power Goals; I dont know what i can achieve but these are a stab in the dark: FP >5w/kg 5s >22w/kg
Weight down to 73/74 by end of May(10%bf) (currently 79 down from 82 last month...sweeet)
10m TT this weekend and MAP next week to get some baslines. Will keep you all posted...although i cant tell you my secret training...If I did i'd have to kill you.
I've got some good coaching for once in my life(you know who you are!) so im hoping things will work out ๐
This weekend I placed 4th on 26 points in the State MMAS3 points race which included gaining a lap on the field in a race that was 2km/h faster (last year I placed 4th with 11 points and that was fast I thought!) and set a PB time in the Individual Pursuit. 2 secs better than previous best and 6 secs better in-competition.
At the Nats and it's late so a quick update...
Rode another PB in the pursuit but not by much (0.2x sec) faster. Was going for a 3:45.
But a stack more power (35+ W). Figures on the blog.
Putting it all in perspective, I rode my 3,000m IP today 19 seconds faster than two years ago at the same competition and velodrome (Melbourne DISC).
Training and racing with power and coaching - what can I say? It works! I have more time to shave yet.....