Good places to run in San Diego

Larry McMahan

Guest
I will be at a conference in downtown San Diego near
the conference center. Where are there good places to
run nearby.

I'll have a car but would prefer to use it as little
as possible.

Larry

In article <[email protected]>, Larry McMahan <[email protected]> wrote:

> I will be at a conference in downtown San Diego near
> the conference center. Where are there good places to
> run nearby.
>
> I'll have a car but would prefer to use it as little as
> possible.
>
> Larry

Larry,

You can run from your hotel down to the harbor. If you go
south you will run past Seaport Village through the parks
behind the Convention Center.

If you go North you'll run on Harbor Drive toward the
Airport. If you take a left across from the airport, you
can run the loop of Harbor Island. Harbor Island is part
of the America's Finest City Half Marathon. It was part of
the first Rock and Roll Marathon when they build a wood
bridge over the road...pretty hard to navigate at mile 23
for many runners.

How far are you looking to run? You can also run in Balboa
Park which would be work driving to... about 5 minutes
from downtown.

If I can be of any help, give me a call: 619-281-7447.

If you're here on Sunday, you can run at the Marathon
Clinic:

Come on down to the Marathon Clinic and go with the 8 milers
around the bay. Only hills are the two bridges over the bay
on Ingraham.

We meet Sunday mornings at DeAnza Cove, at 8 AM. If you
came at 7:45 AM you'd swear no one was going to show up.
People arrive between 7:55 and
8:05, usually 20 to 50 people running 3, social 6, social
8, ocial 10, and a small group doing 13 between 7:30 and
8 minute pace.

5 North or 5 South to Claremont Drive/East Mission Bay
Drive. Turn left and get in right lane. At stop sign turn
right and go to next stop sign. Turn left at the stop sign
into the small parking lot. We meet on the grass by the big
eucalyptus tree.

Ozzie Gontang Maintainer - rec.running FAQ http://www.faqs.org/faqs/by-
newsgroup/rec/rec.running.html Director, San Diego Marathon
Clinic, est. 1975

Mindful Running http://www.mindfulness.com/mr.asp

I will be there from Tuesday til Friday. I will probably
want to run around 5 mile/40 minutes.

Larry

: <[email protected]> wrote:

:> I will be at a conference in downtown San Diego near the
:> conference center. Where are there good places to run
:> nearby.
:>

: