Good places to run in San Diego

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Larry McMahan, Mar 26, 2004.

  1. I will be at a conference in downtown San Diego near
    the conference center. Where are there good places to
    run nearby.

    I'll have a car but would prefer to use it as little
    as possible.

    Larry

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, Larry McMahan <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I will be at a conference in downtown San Diego near
    > the conference center. Where are there good places to
    > run nearby.
    >
    > I'll have a car but would prefer to use it as little as
    > possible.
    >
    > Larry

    Larry,

    You can run from your hotel down to the harbor. If you go
    south you will run past Seaport Village through the parks
    behind the Convention Center.

    If you go North you'll run on Harbor Drive toward the
    Airport. If you take a left across from the airport, you
    can run the loop of Harbor Island. Harbor Island is part
    of the America's Finest City Half Marathon. It was part of
    the first Rock and Roll Marathon when they build a wood
    bridge over the road...pretty hard to navigate at mile 23
    for many runners.

    How far are you looking to run? You can also run in Balboa
    Park which would be work driving to... about 5 minutes
    from downtown.

    If I can be of any help, give me a call: 619-281-7447.

    If you're here on Sunday, you can run at the Marathon
    Clinic:

    Come on down to the Marathon Clinic and go with the 8 milers
    around the bay. Only hills are the two bridges over the bay
    on Ingraham.

    We meet Sunday mornings at DeAnza Cove, at 8 AM. If you
    came at 7:45 AM you'd swear no one was going to show up.
    People arrive between 7:55 and
    8:05, usually 20 to 50 people running 3, social 6, social
    8, ocial 10, and a small group doing 13 between 7:30 and
    8 minute pace.

    5 North or 5 South to Claremont Drive/East Mission Bay
    Drive. Turn left and get in right lane. At stop sign turn
    right and go to next stop sign. Turn left at the stop sign
    into the small parking lot. We meet on the grass by the big
    eucalyptus tree.

    Ozzie Gontang Maintainer - rec.running FAQ http://www.faqs.org/faqs/by-
    newsgroup/rec/rec.running.html Director, San Diego Marathon
    Clinic, est. 1975

    Mindful Running http://www.mindfulness.com/mr.asp

  3. I will be there from Tuesday til Friday. I will probably
    want to run around 5 mile/40 minutes.

    Larry

    : <[email protected]> wrote:

    :> I will be at a conference in downtown San Diego near the
    :> conference center. Where are there good places to run
    :> nearby.
    :>

    :