Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

good set of specs?

Started by Dexter1225 · · Last activity · 15 posts · 1,956 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
11 February 2007
Last activity
20 February 2007
Original author
Dexter1225
Posts
15
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,956
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–15 of 15
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. i'm looking to purchase a pair of glasses for cycling. i currently use a cheap $10 pair from walgreens but they don't offer enough viewing angle. i've been looking into a pair of specialized glasses because i like the specialized accessaries i have now. i was just wondering what everyone uses/likes to use.

    thanks in advance

  2. Dexter1225 said:

    i'm looking to purchase a pair of glasses for cycling. i currently use a cheap $10 pair from walgreens but they don't offer enough viewing angle. i've been looking into a pair of specialized glasses because i like the specialized accessaries i have now. i was just wondering what everyone uses/likes to use.

    thanks in advance

    Hi,

    Have you considered buying a pair of Smith sun glasses. I have bought my second pair. The other pair are still fine but I fugured after ten years time for a new pair. I wear them skiing, Road ridding, And Mountain Biking. I purchased the one I have from this store. Great store. Owned by shoppers.

    Mike

  3. Dexter1225 said:

    i was just wondering what everyone uses/likes to use.


    Rudy's. I used to use Oakley but switched to Rudy Project and don't plan on ever going back.

  4. I now use cheapo Decathlons - 12 Euro a pair with a clear and dark pair of lenses.

    This comes after having proven my abilities at destroying several pairs of Oakleys and Rudy Projects...

  5. Rudy is great apart from the cost. Don't even think about annual update. 😄

  6. Rudy Kerosenes. Love 'em. I had prescription lenses made to fit, so I ended up with great frames, my prescription, and no stinking inserts between the frames and my face.

  7. I recently had a pair of specialized glasses until they broke in my bike box on the way back from MTB nationals (don't put your $200 glasses in your helmet in your bike box). I will not buy another pair. They cut off my [font=Arial]peripheral vision too much to the point that[/font][font=Arial] I felt unsafe in road racing and MTB riding. They were fine for training on the road but they fogged up a lot more easily than the oakleys I had before. They didn't ventilate very well either because when they fogged up at stop lights I basically had to take them off for a few minutes to de fog.[/font]

  8. Dexter1225 said:

    i'm looking to purchase a pair of glasses for cycling. i currently use a cheap $10 pair from walgreens but they don't offer enough viewing angle. i've been looking into a pair of specialized glasses because i like the specialized accessaries i have now. i was just wondering what everyone uses/likes to use.

    thanks in advance

    I have both Smith and Oakley sunglasses and they are both really good. Clear optics that don't distort your vision. If there was any weakness, it would be the Oakley's durability, which is not very good.

  9. Dexter1225 said:

    i'm looking to purchase a pair of glasses for cycling. i currently use a cheap $10 pair from walgreens but they don't offer enough viewing angle. i've been looking into a pair of specialized glasses because i like the specialized accessaries i have now. i was just wondering what everyone uses/likes to use.

    thanks in advance


    Do you need optical correction or just plain shades?

  10. dekindy said:

    Do you need optical correction or just plain shades?

    just need some shades...no specially made glasses...just some shades that will give me a better viewing angle than my walgreens glasses

  11. Tifosi Slips are nice for $50.00. The come with 4 sets of lenses and have a vent between the frame and the lens so they don't fog up real easily. The colors of the lenses vary depending on the frames you buy. You can also buy extra lenses like polorized and fototec high speed. Here is the link. I got mine at LBS they came with clear, brown, yellow, and red. tifosioptics.comslip.html

  12. Native Silencer, dont hear much about them but they fit my face shape

  13. i guess a follow up question would be if anyone has a good review website so i'll be able to choose between all these brands

  14. i got a pair of simple adidas ones at real good price 120aussie dollars. big lense to protect your eyes and good view angle. my aussie friend bought a cheap 'alex' shades from the giant bike store in taiwan. they're even cheaper and comes with exchangeable lenses so u can ride with it day or night =)

  15. bike glasses are an incredible ripoff, Oakleys, Rudy, etc. the profit on these things are obscene, but fashion is expensive.

    try this multi-lens setup, 5 lenses, $24:

    http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=G1004&PHPSESSID=38a0605bc7dcf6c707a093470da5e6c5

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.