Goodbye

In article
<[email protected]>,
[email protected] wrote:

> On Apr 28, 10:23 pm, Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:
> > In article
> > <[email protected]>,
> >
> > [email protected] wrote:

> > > Just out of curiosity I went back and looked at some threads that had
> > > both Hickey and myself in them. Without doing a count, it looked to me
> > > like roughly half of them had Hickey jumping in to argue politics
> > > before I did. H

> > It is up to you to provide proof.

> No it's not. I said it was my impression. If you want to prove my
> impression wrong, go do the google yourself and count 'em up.

Yes, it is. You speak of it as an impression; nevertheless it is
an accusation. Why should I look it up. I did not make the
accusation.

--
Michael Press

Bill <[email protected]> wrote in news:LGbZh.2014$tp5.572
@newssvr23.news.prodigy.net:

> Bill Sornson wrote:
>> Bill wrote:
>>
>>> We aren't ready for a black, even half black, that much is true.
>>> We better never be ready for a Hispanic or we are doomed.
>>> A woman will get in sooner or later, as will a half-black.

>> Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you... BILL BAKA.
>>
>> Bill "someone save that quote" S.
>>

> Sore Knee,
> What do you find to be disingenuous about that?
> A Hillary/Obama ticket would probably do the trick, but if they start
> attacking each other to be top dog, then I doubt that either will win.
> As for a Mexican president of the United States, I don't see that
> happening, or do you know something I don't? Not likely.

It's interesting how you are avoiding clarifying the "doomed"
part.

> Bill (laughing at Sore Knee now) Baka

"We better never be ready for a Hispanic or we are doomed."
How are we doomed if we are ready for a Hispanic president?

"[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

>> Actually, if you do a little research, you will discover that *far*
>> more people have been killed throughout history by atheist despots
>> than by the RC church. The numbers aren't even close.

> OK! NAME 10
>
> so, can anyone offer a synopsis of the ********?

Ok...

20+ million Soviets were not able to meet the rigorous
challenges of collectivism. Some became criminals and
regretfully had to be executed or sent to work camps,
where their personal shame drove them to work to death.
Most were not able to meet their own nutritional needs
while keeping up state quotas. These heroic comrades
bravely sacrified themselves to keep the rest of
Mother Russia fed.

A similar fate met only 40+ million Chinese, but this is a
mere pittance when considering the vast greatness that is
China. Tens of millions of peasants were eager to forgo
their backward traditions and flooded onto collective farms
that were not prepared for such eagerness. Unfortunately,
a few tens of millions were unable to grow enough food for
themselves and the state, so they bravely chose to feed only
the state and try to make up for their failure by working so
hard that they perished.

In Cambodia, when the Revolution required the people to
work in the fields, over a million felt that they were
overqualified. They were sent to a special field to ponder
their arrogance, but they were never able to accept the
wisdom of "Brother number 1", and so they perished of their
own ignorance.

North Korea is quite blessed to have a Great Leader in
President Kim Il Sung. It is because of Him that the
mistakes of the past shall not be revisted.

"Today the D.P.R.K. is a genuine worker's state where
all the people are completely liberated from the exploitation
and oppression. The workers, peasants, soldiers and intellectuals
are the real owners of the power and defend their interests."

Ed Chait wrote:
> "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> [email protected] wrote:

>>> Read "End of Faith" by Harris if you need the more recent crimes
>>> listed that are performed in the name of God.
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/2o9oju
>>>
>>> I notice you claim not to be a member of a religion, but shy away
>>> from declaring you are an atheist. Where do you stand.
>>>
>>> Jobst Brandt

>> Geesh,
>> More harm and war crimes and outright torture and injustice can be
>> attributed to religion than anything else in all of history. The
>> crimes committed by the catholic church make ****** and Stalin look
>> like fairly decent people. As long as we have religious wars and
>> killing then religion is more of a force for evil than for good.
>> Hence, I will state, before anyone can accuse me of something, that
>> I am 100% Atheist. No caring and loving 'God' would tolerate all
>> this **** in his/her name.
>> Bill Baka

> Actually, if you do a little research, you will discover that *far*
> more people have been killed throughout history by atheist despots
> than by the RC church. The numbers aren't even close.

But...but...THAT DOESN'T FIT THE TEMPLATE!

Try to keep up.

T. Ling Yu wrote:
> Bill <[email protected]> wrote in news:LGbZh.2014$tp5.572
> @newssvr23.news.prodigy.net:
>
>> Bill Sornson wrote:

>>> Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you... BILL BAKA.
>>>
>>> Bill "someone save that quote" S.
>>>

>> Sore Knee,
>> What do you find to be disingenuous about that?
>> A Hillary/Obama ticket would probably do the trick, but if they start
>> attacking each other to be top dog, then I doubt that either will
>> win. As for a Mexican president of the United States, I don't see
>> that happening, or do you know something I don't? Not likely.

> It's interesting how you are avoiding clarifying the "doomed"
> part.
>
>> Bill (laughing at Sore Knee now) Baka
>>

> "We better never be ready for a Hispanic or we are doomed."
> How are we doomed if we are ready for a Hispanic president?

Bill hates Mexicans, and is not /bright/ enough to know the difference
between an Hispanic politician and his own bigoted, deplorable stereotypes.

HTH

"T. Ling Yu" <[email protected]> writes:

> "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>

>>> Actually, if you do a little research, you will discover that *far*
>>> more people have been killed throughout history by atheist despots
>>> than by the RC church. The numbers aren't even close.

>> OK! NAME 10
>>
>> so, can anyone offer a synopsis of the ********?
>>

> Ok...
>
> 20+ million Soviets were not able to meet the rigorous

[...deleted...]
> North Korea is quite blessed to have a Great Leader in
> President Kim Il Sung. It is because of Him that the
> mistakes of the past shall not be revisted.

> "Today the D.P.R.K. is a genuine worker's state where
> all the people are completely liberated from the exploitation
> and oppression. The workers, peasants, soldiers and intellectuals
> are the real owners of the power and defend their interests."

Wow! I heard that Kim Jung Il was amused by the internet, and has a
connection. I can't imagine anyone else in the entire world
with an internet connection supporting that government.

Is that You? Please don't drop any bombs on my house. One problem
though: you got your own name wrong

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 18:24:18 -0700, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Even when Mark presented FACTS (that Saddam did have WMD,

He HAD at some point, but not when the US invaded.

Just pointing out detail.

--
JT
****************************

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 20:24:58 -0500, "DI" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...

>>>I'm going to miss Mark and his on topic bike posts, but not his
>>>Republican hard line. To be a Republican these days is like wearing a
>>>shirt labeled simply "Stupid".

>> Though I don't agree with a lot of manifestations of convervatism, I
>> hope that real conservatives emerge soon and the current Republican
>> leadership gets thrown out. I would love to see serious fact-finding
>> by Congress and the future executive branch and criminality rooted
>> out.

>I agree with you to a point, If Bush were impeached, that might save us from
>his deal with Kennedy on illegal aliens and amenity.

What are your sources of news?

--
JT
****************************

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 20:36:58 -0500, "Jay - BFri Commuter"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Exactly how are your posts in this thread related to bikes? As a newbie, I
>am completely confused. I am trying to learn from you regular Usenet
>contributers.

They're not.

>Perhaps this entire thread is a violation of the social contract?

Yes.
--
JT
****************************

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 02:51:23 GMT, still me <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 21:06:33 -0400, John Forrest Tomlinson
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Though I don't agree with a lot of manifestations of convervatism, I
>>hope that real conservatives emerge soon and the current Republican
>>leadership gets thrown out. I would love to see serious fact-finding
>>by Congress and the future executive branch and criminality rooted
>>out.

>I'm often in agreement with *real* conservatives. Trouble is, the
>neo-con business machine has trounced them and it's all about big
>business and big money now.

I'm looking forward to fair and honest national debates with people
like you. The country needs that. We're in damage control mode now
and it's not good.

--
JT
****************************

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 02:56:37 GMT, still me <[email protected]>
wrote:
>Bush Sr was not a bad guy. Intelligent, not a puppet, did some good,
>did some bad. At least when he invaded Iraq, there was a legitimate
>reason. His overall foreign policy wasn't that horrible.
>
>Jr, OTOH, has destroyed decades of reasonable foreign policy by a
>variety of Presidents, Republican and Democrat.

Yeah.
--
JT
****************************

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 20:41:33 -0700, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Jay - BFri Commuter wrote:
>> "John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Sorni, there are times when one side to an argument is simply wrong.
>>> It's good to hear it a few times, but after a while it gets tiresome.
>>> Hickey was saying vile stuff -- like about waterboarding. He's
>>> simply immoral in that respect. I don't think there is any societal
>>> value of someone espousing that point of view. He has a right to
>>> say it, but I wish no one would think it or say it.
>>> --

>> I beg you to pardon this interruption from an interloper:
>>
>> Exactly how are your posts in this thread related to bikes? As a
>> newbie, I am completely confused. I am trying to learn from you
>> regular Usenet contributers.
>>
>> Perhaps this entire thread is a violation of the social contract?
>>
>> Please bear with me. I am a bit slow - just trying to keep up. Thanks
>> for your patience - Newbie J.

>JT doesn't seem to accept that I plonked him; that alone would save tons of
>bandwidth. (Oh, and that insipid 6-line sig of his, too! LOL )

I know you put me in a killfile. I also know that usenet is not a
1-to-1 discussion (you don't seem to understand that though).

Moreover, I know that you occassionally see my stuff via quotations,
as your post above proves.
--
JT
****************************

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 22:56:39 -0500, A Muzi <[email protected]>
wrote:

>John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
>> Voting for the GWB the first time is bad, but not that bad. If
>> someone is really conservative, it could be a vote for the
>> conservative ideals.
>>
>> The only reasons to vote for him the second time were insanity,
>> ignorance (not that surprising given the state of mass media in the
>> US) or ego (not willing to admit a mistake).

>Even for you that's over the top. 50.9% (vs. 48.5%) of adult registered
>voter Americans who bothered to go to the polls insane? Ignorant?

Yes, one of those three reasons. Ignorance is a major portion and not
necessarily their fault -- if anything it's the "fault" of the
structure of our national media.

--
JT
****************************

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 21:29:37 -0700, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>If you can honestly say that the current Democratic leadership (Reid,
>Pelosi, Clinton, etc.) wants the US to have a successful outcome in Iraq,
>then you're in your own fantasy land.

Sornis is vaguely onto a grain of truth here. Or to be more specific
-- they may want a sucessful outcome, but do not believe it is
possible. And sadly, it probably isn't possible. So they want the
least bad outcome. Which is probably the US pulling out.

--
JT
****************************

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 00:02:42 -0600, [email protected] wrote:

>If-I-recall-correctly, Mark Hickey was not in the habit of starting
>political threads and or shifting technical threads to politics. He
>typically replied to posters who did so.

Sorni started politics recently in the Landis thread.
--
JT
****************************

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 11:52:10 GMT, _
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Jobst, he's *always* doing this.
>
>As I said before, he has trouble with either
>
>a) the usenet quoting convention; or
>
>b) numbers larger than 2.

It's both. Actually it's usenet concepts in general.

--
JT
****************************

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 19:37:21 -0500, "DI" <[email protected]> wrote:

> he was baiting me into saying I watched Fox
>News so he could jump on that.

So I'm asking you to tell us where you get your news. I want to know.
What are you hiding? Where do you get your news?
--
JT
****************************

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 21:07:13 -0700, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Prediction: someone else injected politics first, Mark spoke up (an
>unforgiveable act because he's conservative),

LOL, in the recent thread that was the "final straw" for Mark Hickey,
that someone injecting poltiics first would be you.

And BTW, Mark isn't just conservative -- he's a neo-conservative Bush
supporter, which is the key thing.
--
JT
****************************

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 17:45:31 -0500, A Muzi <[email protected]>
wrote:

>> Doug Taylor <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> Although, I suppose historically Christians have been able somehow to
>>> justify torture of their fellow humans, despite the fact that you
>>> can't find evidence of Jesus teaching that in the New Testament.

>Tim McNamara wrote:
>> You mean, like, the Inquisition? The Crusades? Burning "heretics?"
>> Tormenting people falsely accused of witchcraft? Murdering people in
>> the name of God? Christianity has a 2000 year history of twisting the
>> teachings of Jesus for political reasons and out of sheer perverse
>> self-righteousness.

>I'm not one, but in the general scheme of religions, the periods you
>cover for Christians are pretty short, considering.

Personally I care most about three sorts of terrible political
actions.

1. Those that are a global threat, or a threat to me and my country
(Naziism is such an example). There are groups in the world today
that aspire to such power or influence, but none that are close to
having them. The Iraq war is probably helping such groups in
recruiting and global public relations.

2. Those that could relatively easily be helped or avoided

3. Those done in my name (via my own Government).

Some radicals in some country may kill a few people, and that disturbs
me, but it can't disturb me as much as, say, torture done by my own
government, who ostendibly I can influence and are doing things for
me.
--
JT

> On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 19:37:21 -0500, "DI" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> he was baiting me into saying I watched Fox
>>News so he could jump on that.

> So I'm asking you to tell us where you get your news. I want to know.
> What are you hiding? Where do you get your news?
> --
> JT

I'm trying my best to be liberal, I just make news up as I go.