GOP leaders to Bush: "Your presidency is effectively over''

Wurm

Aug 6, 2004
Come all ye Sheeples, step right up and find a defense for this mutant and his henchmen. Looks like the sh!t is finally hitting the fan, eh? :)

A growing number of Republican leaders, party strategists and political professional now privately tell President George W. Bush that his presidency "is effectively over" unless he fires embattled White House advisor Karl Rove, apologizes to the American people for misleading the country into war and revamps his administration from top to bottom.

"The only show of unity we have now in the Republican Party is the belief that the President has failed the party, the American people and the presidency," says a longtime, and angry, GOP strategist.

With the public face of support for Bush eroding daily from even diehard Republicans, the President faces mounting anger from within his party over the path that may well lead to loss of control of Congress in the 2006 midterm elections and the White House in 2008.

"This presidency is in trouble," says a senior White House aide. "Even worse, I don't know if there is a way out of the trouble.".....

... Bush, however, has dug his heels in on Rove. When a GOP strategist suggested last weekend that the President fire Rove, Bush exploded.

"You go to hell," he screamed at the strategist. "You can leave and you can take the rest of these lily-livered people with you!" The President then stormed out of the room and refused to meet further with any other party leaders or strategists.

Bush's escalating temper tantrums and his intransigence on political issues increase Republican worries about the long term effects on both his presidency and the party's prospects in upcoming elections....
http://www.smirkingchimp.com/article.php?sid=23479&mode=&order=0

Whatsamatta, Georgie? Is your world closing in around you? lol :eek: :D

He is a lame duck president.
We have been saying this since March 2003 when he made the mistake of entering in to an unwinnable war.

The war in Iraq has been lost - and has been lost for well over two years.
The removal of Saddam created a scenario that made any chance of victory
almost unachievable.

What you're now seeing is the second Act - the apportionment of blame for the lose of that unwinnable war.
Someone has to carry the can - and that's why you're seeing people running for the life belts.
Rove is blaming Libby, Libby blaming Wilson etc etc.

In the mean time the unwinnable war in Iraq rages on - while at home people
accuse each other.
Shock and Awe.

Wurm said:
Come all ye Sheeples, step right up and find a defense for this mutant and his henchmen. Looks like the sh!t is finally hitting the fan, eh? :)

Our President's popularity is hurting right now, we all know that. But the Democrats in Congress are also at an all time low....
But there is a lot of time left for a strong rebound...

Since I am on Wurms ignore list, I guess I cannot ask where he read that the GOP leaders have said that Bushes presidency ""is effectively over."

Probably in one of those free newspapers floating around coffee shops.

Bikerman2005 said:
Care for another round of shock and awe.......

Moderated.

"Evidence"? All you have to do is look around at the various reports and articles that are just about everywhere, except for places like Newsmax, the "Rush...Me Some OxyContin" Show, and Faux News. For example, see the link I provided in the OP. DUH. :rolleyes:

But then, why should anyone endeavor to show the truth to any of the resident Kool-Aid Drinkers around here? You lemmings have already made up your minds to the Neo-Con's delusional version of the past 5 years of U.S. history, no matter what the facts have proved otherwise.

And please, refrain from the same old blather about the "liberal media". The fact of the matter is the majority of the mainstream media in the U.S. today is right-wing owned and slanted. Period.

Wurm said:

There days in the Congress are numbered, thier indictments not withstanding. I think this thread might set a record, lets try to keep it going for 20+ pages; not that it would be a challenge. Their list of...shall we say...transgressions grows daily :p Their dooming themselves. No wonder the republicans are quivering in their tassle loafers. 06' is right @ the corner & the repubs look like the mob :) Heres some oldies but goodies :D

Too bad Chance and his ilk can't handle reality, but there it is for him to chew on. :rolleyes:

wolfix said:
Our President's popularity is hurting right now, we all know that. But the Democrats in Congress are also at an all time low....
But there is a lot of time left for a strong rebound...

Since I am on Wurms ignore list, I guess I cannot ask where he read that the GOP leaders have said that Bushes presidency ""is effectively over."

Probably in one of those free newspapers floating around coffee shops.
If you can't see the writing on the wall then you shall be herded into the truck with the others......

2FAST4U said:
If you can't see the writing on the wall then you shall be herded into the truck with the others......
Oh wise one..... And who is going to do this herding? And who are the others?

wolfix said:
Oh wise one..... And who is going to do this herding? And who are the others?
Bush is a "lame-duck" & his #'s are in the tank, for good reason. With the unfolding saga of criminal conduct that allegedly took place in the WHIG [White House Iraq Group] & Cheney's alleged illegal attacks against a political opponent ;[Ambassador Wilson & his wife] Things will not get better for their cadre anytime soon :rolleyes: Why would Republicans in Congresss want to tie their boat to this sinking ship in 06' :confused:

davidmc said:
Bush is a "lame-duck" & his #'s are in the tank, for good reason. With the unfolding saga of criminal conduct that allegedly took place in the WHIG [White House Iraq Group] & Cheney's alleged illegal attacks against a political opponent ;[Ambassador Wilson & his wife] Things will not get better for their cadre anytime soon :rolleyes: Why would Republicans in Congresss want to tie their boat to this sinking ship in 06' :confused:
Not only Plamegate, but several other criminal escapades and/or arrogant actions have caused their implosion:

~ Katrina non-response
~ Eye-Rack (Lies. Secrecy. Cover-ups. Cronyism. Slaughter of innocents. Media blackouts. Missing billions.)
~ H. Miers
~ Torture/rendition as a state policy
~ Ignoring and lying about Kyoto/global warming

...layered underneath all of that, there's always:

~ Stolen/fraudulent elections
~ Rotten economic policy

So eat up boys! You're long overdue to munch on the **** sandwiches you've made.

"We need to be shtrong on the war on terra", (or, George is still playing cowboys n' indians...:rolleyes: except this game ain't funny.)

Yee-haw.

...........and on a more mundane subject about Bush's presidency, I see the October 2005 monthly budget deficit hit $66 billion.
In simple terms - America imported $66 billion more than it exported in one month.

Adding the October deficit to the years of other monthly deficits, US overall deficit is approaching $800 billion.

and he started in office with a $200 billion surplus, carried over from Bill Clintons excellent management of the US economy.

limerickman said:
...........and on a more mundane subject about Bush's presidency, I see the October 2005 monthly budget deficit hit $66 billion.
In simple terms - America imported $66 billion more than it exported in one month.

Adding the October deficit to the years of other monthly deficits, US overall deficit is approaching $800 billion.

and he started in office with a $200 billion surplus, carried over from Bill Clintons excellent management of the US economy.

Incredible, isn't it? A $0.8 trillion deficit with a GDP of around $12 trillion, which equals approx. 6.7% of the GDP - a not insignificant chunk of the total U.S. output of goods and services which essentially negates any growth the economy might have shown.

Which is worse: an old-style "tax & spend" liberal, or the modern version "cut taxes & borrow" GOP?? If I had to choose, I'd rather pay the taxes as I go and not have the interest on the mountainous debt.

Looks like 'Murca is soon to become the 2000's version of 1980's Argentina. The Fed's artificial repression of interest rates is the only thing keeping runaway inflation at bay, but that can't last much longer.

Wurm said:
Incredible, isn't it? A $0.8 trillion deficit with a GDP of around $12 trillion, which equals approx. 6.7% of the GDP - a not insignificant chunk of the total U.S. output of goods and services which essentially negates any growth the economy might have shown.

Which is worse: an old-style "tax & spend" liberal, or the modern version "cut taxes & borrow" GOP?? If I had to choose, I'd rather pay the taxes as I go and not have the interest on the mountainous debt.

Looks like 'Murca is soon to become the 2000's version of 1980's Argentina. The Fed's artificial repression of interest rates is the only thing keeping runaway inflation at bay, but that can't last much longer.

That's what the apologists will tell you - it's only 6-7% of GDP.
Which might be a plausible excuse if it wasn't for the fact that GDP in the USA is not growing significantly in the last number of years.
Also it doesn't preclude the fact that that money (deficit) is owed and has to be repaid, either now or in the future.

As regards US interest rates, they're going to go up for the forseaable future
which will make repayments on eisting personal debt higher.