Lanceandrew wrote in message
<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:can you buy a single pair of gore-tex socks for less than $50 after tax and
or
Quoted message said:shipping?
"Storm Socks" you say? They're still $20/pair and the language in
describing
Quoted message said:it is water resistant, not "proof".
I've got these and use them for skiing. I've also got neoprene socks I use
for cycling in cold weather, but they're not waterproof.
Quoted message said:which brings us to the "latex" waterproof sock at $14 a pop
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/footamerica/drifwatstret.html
That would work.
Quoted message said:what's the frugal runner to do? boy those zip-loc freezer bags are
looking
Quoted message said:better by the day....
Actually they're Rocky Gore-Tex oversocks I got last year on sale for about
$20. Pretty expensive retail when I just looked them up now - about $50.
I've used plastic bags before. Messy and effective short term. I got the
Gore-Tex ones for foul weather trail running and hiking.
-Tony