Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Got my new toy today :)

Started by G-S · · Last activity · 11 posts · 1,581 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
16 May 2008
Last activity
20 May 2008
Original author
G-S
Posts
11
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,581
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–11 of 11
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I was in bike lust after seeing a Fuji touring in the LBS... took it for
    a spin and loved it, thought a bit (not too much) and bought it.

    Only had time for a couple of short running errands type rides this
    afternoon but hope to have time for a decent ride over the weekend.

    Snap shots 🙂

    http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937586_sV93T-L-1.jpg

    http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937361_7oKPr-L.jpg

    http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937164_z2XNH-L-1.jpg

  2. So GS where are you off to?
    I had a serious thought about getting one of those but had to pre pay it as
    we live in the sticks. Looks good! 🙂 Am about to set off on another epic
    with my tourer ( Trek ) through the Gulf/Cape York country. Should be a good
    ride with a lot of challenge thrown in 🙂
    Good luck with your bike and may you have many great Epics ahead of you!
    Kathy.
    "G-S" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I was in bike lust after seeing a Fuji touring in the LBS... took it for a
    spin and loved it, thought a bit (not too much) and bought it.

    Only had time for a couple of short running errands type rides this
    afternoon but hope to have time for a decent ride over the weekend.

    Snap shots 🙂

    http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937586_sV93T-L-1.jpg

    http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937361_7oKPr-L.jpg

    http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937164_z2XNH-L-1.jpg

  3. "G-S" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I was in bike lust after seeing a Fuji touring in the LBS... took it for a
    spin and loved it, thought a bit (not too much) and bought it.

    Only had time for a couple of short running errands type rides this
    afternoon but hope to have time for a decent ride over the weekend.

    Snap shots 🙂

    http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937586_sV93T-L-1.jpg

    http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937361_7oKPr-L.jpg

    http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937164_z2XNH-L-1.jpg

    Is that the new Fuji Tourer?

    I just sold one 2 months ago, although 3 yrs old,(the original green
    machine) was barely used and only got $580 for it on ebay, bloody thing cost
    me well over $1800 new.

    I did post a message here on aus.bicycle that I was selling it and sent the
    ebay link but got only 1 reply...oh well!! I bought a new bbq with the
    proceeds. no regrets.

    They are a very nice alround cycle but for serious touring,you'd need
    something a bit stronger in the frame.
    Fuji Touring are a great commuter and light tourer.
    cheers
    DJ

  4. just us said:

    So GS where are you off to?
    I had a serious thought about getting one of those but had to pre pay it as
    we live in the sticks. Looks good! 🙂 Am about to set off on another epic
    with my tourer ( Trek ) through the Gulf/Cape York country. Should be a good
    ride with a lot of challenge thrown in 🙂
    Good luck with your bike and may you have many great Epics ahead of you!
    Kathy.

    To be honest I have no idea Kathy 🙂

    I'm sort of thinking I'll just hop on and ride and end up where I end up!

    I'll need to get some leave arranged at work before anything serious
    though (and working on my fitness level wouldn't hurt either!).

    Enjoy your trip through the Gulf/Cape York area... I've wanted to see
    that locale for years.

    G-S

  5. D&M JOHNSTON said:


    Is that the new Fuji Tourer?


    Yes it is, the mudguards aren't standard and I changed to pedals to
    shimanos with clip ins on one side and platforms on the other and added
    lights and speedo but other than that it's stock.

    Quoted message said:

    I just sold one 2 months ago, although 3 yrs old,(the original green
    machine) was barely used and only got $580 for it on ebay, bloody thing cost
    me well over $1800 new.

    $1800? Gee they've dropped a bit... must be the strong Aussie dollar.
    RRP is only $1199 now and this was on special for $999 which I reckon
    was a bargain. Even with the accessories it was only about $1300 on the
    road.

    Quoted message said:

    I did post a message here on aus.bicycle that I was selling it and sent the
    ebay link but got only 1 reply...oh well!! I bought a new bbq with the
    proceeds. no regrets.

    I must have missed that or I probably would have been in contact.

    Quoted message said:

    They are a very nice alround cycle but for serious touring,you'd need
    something a bit stronger in the frame.

    I agree, but I'm not really looking for a serious multi-day tourer.
    Just a comfy bike I can use for afternoon rides or day trips and a bit
    of light credit card touring (when I get the fitness level a bit better
    LOL). This would handle commuting fine but I'll probably keep using the
    Giant Cypress for that It's nice and low maintenance.

    G-S

  6. G-S said:

    I was in bike lust after seeing a Fuji touring in the LBS... took it for
    a spin and loved it, thought a bit (not too much) and bought it.

    Only had time for a couple of short running errands type rides this
    afternoon but hope to have time for a decent ride over the weekend.

    Snap shots 🙂

    http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937586_sV93T-L-1.jpg

    http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937361_7oKPr-L.jpg

    http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937164_z2XNH-L-1.jpg


    Looks like a nice setup for wintersun!

    Moike

  7. "G-S" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    D&M JOHNSTON said:


    Is that the new Fuji Tourer?


    Yes it is, the mudguards aren't standard and I changed to pedals to
    shimanos with clip ins on one side and platforms on the other and added
    lights and speedo but other than that it's stock.

    Quoted message said:

    I just sold one 2 months ago, although 3 yrs old,(the original green
    machine) was barely used and only got $580 for it on ebay, bloody thing
    cost me well over $1800 new.

    $1800? Gee they've dropped a bit... must be the strong Aussie dollar. RRP
    is only $1199 now and this was on special for $999 which I reckon was a
    bargain. Even with the accessories it was only about $1300 on the road.

    Quoted message said:

    I did post a message here on aus.bicycle that I was selling it and sent
    the ebay link but got only 1 reply...oh well!! I bought a new bbq with
    the proceeds. no regrets.

    I must have missed that or I probably would have been in contact.

    Quoted message said:

    They are a very nice alround cycle but for serious touring,you'd need
    something a bit stronger in the frame.

    I agree, but I'm not really looking for a serious multi-day tourer. Just a
    comfy bike I can use for afternoon rides or day trips and a bit of light
    credit card touring (when I get the fitness level a bit better LOL). This
    would handle commuting fine but I'll probably keep using the Giant Cypress
    for that It's nice and low maintenance.

    G-S

    Yeah,they have decreased in price alot since I bought mine, although that
    price I quoted was for accessories as well like mudguards,trip computer and
    a few little things, but by the time I've buggered around with different
    types of saddles, put an adjustable stem, shimano spd pedals & shoes, I
    reckon the final tally would be around $2,200.
    I bought and used the bike primarily for the 2005 NSW bigride and i kinda
    regretted taking it because it got scratched around abit when i tried
    packing it into a bike box and getting it out again.
    I found that for me, the large 30 small crank was a little too high
    especially when you have about 20kg's of gear in 2 panniers, maybe a hybrid
    gearing would be better say for eg: 26,36,46 for the crank would be ideal
    for touring.
    Anyway, you got a great bike at a very good price...hope you enjoy it.

    Cheers
    DJ

  8. G-S said:

    I was in bike lust after seeing a Fuji touring in the LBS... took it for
    a spin and loved it, thought a bit (not too much) and bought it.

    Only had time for a couple of short running errands type rides this
    afternoon but hope to have time for a decent ride over the weekend.

    Snap shots 🙂


    http://groups.google.com/group/aus.bicycle/browse_thread/thread/59f0275435d1e2c3/86e4e02e41af45e4?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=alan#86e4e02e41af45e4

    http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&q=%22Alan+Erskine%22+sex+park

    http://groups.google.com/group/sci.space.policy/browse_thread/thread/36353eb9f73bd234/97fbf59005a2e6ad?hl=en&lnk=st&q=%22Alan+Erskine%22+sex+park#97fbf59005a2e6ad

    http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&q=%22Alan+Erskine%22+sex+%22boys%22

    http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&q=%22Alan+Erskine%22++bathroom++boys

    http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=%22Alan+Erskine%22++sex&start=0&scoring=d&hl=en&

  9. [email hidden] wrote: <a load of [censored]>

    You are now *plonked*

  10. G-S said:

    I was in bike lust after seeing a Fuji touring in the LBS... took it for
    a spin and loved it, thought a bit (not too much) and bought it.

    Only had time for a couple of short running errands type rides this
    afternoon but hope to have time for a decent ride over the weekend.

    Snap shots 🙂

    http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937586_sV93T-L-1.jpg

    http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937361_7oKPr-L.jpg

    http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937164_z2XNH-L-1.jpg

    Very Nice,
    I'd pay a bit of attention to that rear light. I had one mounted
    in exactly the same way, it's one of the few on the market designed to
    fit the cut-outs on a rack. I had one of a very similar design
    (*perhaps the same), where the two batteries would "separate" (are
    they mounted in series in a single line?) for short period of time if
    you went over a bump (eg a railway level crossing). THIS TURNS THE
    LIGHT OFF when you think it's still on. I ended up taking it back to
    the place of purchase. They were reluctant at first to refund when I
    told them what happens. I demonstrated the light turning off by
    turning the light on then tapping it on the sales counter. They took
    all the stock of same off the shelves. I think the metal springs that
    hold the batteries together were weak. I ended up "folding" some
    alum. sheet and making a mount suitable for the type of rear light you
    would mount on a seat post or seat stay to fit to the rack. YMMV

    Andrew

  11. ard said:

    I had one of a very similar design
    (*perhaps the same), where the two batteries would "separate" (are
    they mounted in series in a single line?) for short period of time if
    you went over a bump

    Thanks for the heads up I will check it out to see if it has that problem.

    G-S

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.