Got my new toy today :)

So GS where are you off to?
I had a serious thought about getting one of those but had to pre pay it as
we live in the sticks. Looks good! :) Am about to set off on another epic
with my tourer ( Trek ) through the Gulf/Cape York country. Should be a good
ride with a lot of challenge thrown in :)
Good luck with your bike and may you have many great Epics ahead of you!
Kathy.
"G-S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I was in bike lust after seeing a Fuji touring in the LBS... took it for a
>spin and loved it, thought a bit (not too much) and bought it.
>
> Only had time for a couple of short running errands type rides this
> afternoon but hope to have time for a decent ride over the weekend.
>
> Snap shots :)
>
> http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937586_sV93T-L-1.jpg
>
> http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937361_7oKPr-L.jpg
>
> http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937164_z2XNH-L-1.jpg

"G-S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I was in bike lust after seeing a Fuji touring in the LBS... took it for a
>spin and loved it, thought a bit (not too much) and bought it.
>
> Only had time for a couple of short running errands type rides this
> afternoon but hope to have time for a decent ride over the weekend.
>
> Snap shots :)
>
> http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937586_sV93T-L-1.jpg
>
> http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937361_7oKPr-L.jpg
>
> http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937164_z2XNH-L-1.jpg

Is that the new Fuji Tourer?

I just sold one 2 months ago, although 3 yrs old,(the original green
machine) was barely used and only got $580 for it on ebay, bloody thing cost
me well over $1800 new.

I did post a message here on aus.bicycle that I was selling it and sent the
ebay link but got only 1 reply...oh well!! I bought a new bbq with the
proceeds. no regrets.

They are a very nice alround cycle but for serious touring,you'd need
something a bit stronger in the frame.
Fuji Touring are a great commuter and light tourer.
cheers
DJ

just us wrote:
> So GS where are you off to?
> I had a serious thought about getting one of those but had to pre pay it as
> we live in the sticks. Looks good! :) Am about to set off on another epic
> with my tourer ( Trek ) through the Gulf/Cape York country. Should be a good
> ride with a lot of challenge thrown in :)
> Good luck with your bike and may you have many great Epics ahead of you!
> Kathy.

To be honest I have no idea Kathy :)

I'm sort of thinking I'll just hop on and ride and end up where I end up!

I'll need to get some leave arranged at work before anything serious
though (and working on my fitness level wouldn't hurt either!).

Enjoy your trip through the Gulf/Cape York area... I've wanted to see
that locale for years.

G-S

D&M JOHNSTON wrote:

> Is that the new Fuji Tourer?

Yes it is, the mudguards aren't standard and I changed to pedals to
shimanos with clip ins on one side and platforms on the other and added
lights and speedo but other than that it's stock.

> I just sold one 2 months ago, although 3 yrs old,(the original green
> machine) was barely used and only got $580 for it on ebay, bloody thing cost
> me well over $1800 new.

$1800? Gee they've dropped a bit... must be the strong Aussie dollar.
RRP is only $1199 now and this was on special for $999 which I reckon
was a bargain. Even with the accessories it was only about $1300 on the
road.

> I did post a message here on aus.bicycle that I was selling it and sent the
> ebay link but got only 1 reply...oh well!! I bought a new bbq with the
> proceeds. no regrets.

I must have missed that or I probably would have been in contact.

> They are a very nice alround cycle but for serious touring,you'd need
> something a bit stronger in the frame.

I agree, but I'm not really looking for a serious multi-day tourer.
Just a comfy bike I can use for afternoon rides or day trips and a bit
of light credit card touring (when I get the fitness level a bit better
LOL). This would handle commuting fine but I'll probably keep using the
Giant Cypress for that It's nice and low maintenance.

G-S

G-S wrote:
> I was in bike lust after seeing a Fuji touring in the LBS... took it for
> a spin and loved it, thought a bit (not too much) and bought it.
>
> Only had time for a couple of short running errands type rides this
> afternoon but hope to have time for a decent ride over the weekend.
>
> Snap shots :)
>
> http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937586_sV93T-L-1.jpg
>
> http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937361_7oKPr-L.jpg
>
> http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937164_z2XNH-L-1.jpg

Looks like a nice setup for wintersun!

Moike

"G-S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> D&M JOHNSTON wrote:
>>
>> Is that the new Fuji Tourer?
>>

> Yes it is, the mudguards aren't standard and I changed to pedals to
> shimanos with clip ins on one side and platforms on the other and added
> lights and speedo but other than that it's stock.
>
>> I just sold one 2 months ago, although 3 yrs old,(the original green
>> machine) was barely used and only got $580 for it on ebay, bloody thing
>> cost me well over $1800 new.

> $1800? Gee they've dropped a bit... must be the strong Aussie dollar. RRP
> is only $1199 now and this was on special for $999 which I reckon was a
> bargain. Even with the accessories it was only about $1300 on the road.
>
>> I did post a message here on aus.bicycle that I was selling it and sent
>> the ebay link but got only 1 reply...oh well!! I bought a new bbq with
>> the proceeds. no regrets.

> I must have missed that or I probably would have been in contact.
>
>> They are a very nice alround cycle but for serious touring,you'd need
>> something a bit stronger in the frame.

> I agree, but I'm not really looking for a serious multi-day tourer. Just a
> comfy bike I can use for afternoon rides or day trips and a bit of light
> credit card touring (when I get the fitness level a bit better LOL). This
> would handle commuting fine but I'll probably keep using the Giant Cypress
> for that It's nice and low maintenance.
>

> G-S

Yeah,they have decreased in price alot since I bought mine, although that
price I quoted was for accessories as well like mudguards,trip computer and
a few little things, but by the time I've buggered around with different
types of saddles, put an adjustable stem, shimano spd pedals & shoes, I
reckon the final tally would be around $2,200.
I bought and used the bike primarily for the 2005 NSW bigride and i kinda
regretted taking it because it got scratched around abit when i tried
packing it into a bike box and getting it out again.
I found that for me, the large 30 small crank was a little too high
especially when you have about 20kg's of gear in 2 panniers, maybe a hybrid
gearing would be better say for eg: 26,36,46 for the crank would be ideal
for touring.
Anyway, you got a great bike at a very good price...hope you enjoy it.

Cheers
DJ

http://groups.google.com/group/aus....1af45e4?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=alan#86e4e02e41af45e4

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&q="Alan+Erskine"+sex+park

http://groups.google.com/group/sci....st&q="Alan+Erskine"+sex+park#97fbf59005a2e6ad

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&q="Alan+Erskine"+sex+"boys"

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&q="Alan+Erskine"++bathroom++boys

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q="Alan+Erskine"++sex&start=0&scoring=d&hl=en&

On May 16, 7:17 pm, G-S <[email protected]> wrote:
> I was in bike lust after seeing a Fuji touring in the LBS... took it for
> a spin and loved it, thought a bit (not too much) and bought it.
>
> Only had time for a couple of short running errands type rides this
> afternoon but hope to have time for a decent ride over the weekend.
>
> Snap shots :)
>
> http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937586_sV93T-L-1.jpg
>
> http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937361_7oKPr-L.jpg
>
> http://g-s.smugmug.com/photos/295937164_z2XNH-L-1.jpg

Very Nice,
I'd pay a bit of attention to that rear light. I had one mounted
in exactly the same way, it's one of the few on the market designed to
fit the cut-outs on a rack. I had one of a very similar design
(*perhaps the same), where the two batteries would "separate" (are
they mounted in series in a single line?) for short period of time if
you went over a bump (eg a railway level crossing). THIS TURNS THE
LIGHT OFF when you think it's still on. I ended up taking it back to
the place of purchase. They were reluctant at first to refund when I
told them what happens. I demonstrated the light turning off by
turning the light on then tapping it on the sales counter. They took
all the stock of same off the shelves. I think the metal springs that
hold the batteries together were weak. I ended up "folding" some
alum. sheet and making a mount suitable for the type of rear light you
would mount on a seat post or seat stay to fit to the rack. YMMV

Andrew

ard wrote:
> I had one of a very similar design
> (*perhaps the same), where the two batteries would "separate" (are
> they mounted in series in a single line?) for short period of time if
> you went over a bump

Thanks for the heads up I will check it out to see if it has that problem.

G-S