General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Grand Mariner Souffle

Started by Tony23 · · Last activity · 11 posts · 138 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
14 July 2007
Last activity
16 July 2007
Original author
Tony23
Posts
11
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
138
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–11 of 11
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Just wondering:

    In Riverside, CA, there is a restaurant that used to serve Grand Mariner
    Souffle, but they stopped doing so when it changed hands. I have found
    another restaurant in Fullerton that serves it, but the reviews of the
    place are half-hearted at best.

    So- does anyone know a restaurant in Southern California (preferably
    Riverside, San Bernardino, or Orange county) that serves a good Grand
    Mariner Souffle?

  2. Tony23 said:


    Just wondering:

    In Riverside, CA, there is a restaurant that used to serve Grand Mariner
    Souffle, but they stopped doing so when it changed hands. I have found
    another restaurant in Fullerton that serves it, but the reviews of the
    place are half-hearted at best.

    So- does anyone know a restaurant in Southern California (preferably
    Riverside, San Bernardino, or Orange county) that serves a good Grand
    Mariner Souffle?

    Why not try making one at home? It's not hard. Just make a regular soufflé,
    add a little sugar to it and flavour it with a shot of Gran Marnier.

  3. "Tony23" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Just wondering:

    In Riverside, CA, there is a restaurant that used to serve Grand Mariner
    Souffle, but they stopped doing so when it changed hands. I have found
    another restaurant in Fullerton that serves it, but the reviews of the
    place are half-hearted at best.

    So- does anyone know a restaurant in Southern California (preferably
    Riverside, San Bernardino, or Orange county) that serves a good Grand
    Mariner Souffle?


    You might look at the NG la.eats ongoing.
    You should make your souffles at home. I make souffles routinely using the
    microwave.

    Kent

  4. Kent said:

    "Tony23" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    In Riverside, CA, there is a restaurant that used to serve Grand
    Mariner Souffle

    Quoted message said:

    You might look at the NG la.eats ongoing. You should make your
    souffles at home. I make souffles routinely using the microwave.

    So out of curiousity, would a Cheese-Grand Marnier souffle work?
    If it came out right, it'd be killer.

    Steve

  5. Steve Pope said:
    Kent said:

    "Tony23" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    In Riverside, CA, there is a restaurant that used to serve Grand
    Mariner Souffle

    Quoted message said:

    You might look at the NG la.eats ongoing. You should make your
    souffles at home. I make souffles routinely using the microwave.

    So out of curiousity, would a Cheese-Grand Marnier souffle work?
    If it came out right, it'd be killer.

    Steve


    The very idea was almost fatal to me.

    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

  6. Steve Pope said:


    Kent said:

    "Tony23" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    In Riverside, CA, there is a restaurant that used to serve Grand
    Mariner Souffle

    Quoted message said:

    You might look at the NG la.eats ongoing. You should make your
    souffles at home. I make souffles routinely using the microwave.

    So out of curiousity, would a Cheese-Grand Marnier souffle work?
    If it came out right, it'd be killer.

    It would depend on the cheese, and I can't think of a cheese that would
    complement Gran Marnier in a way that would improve it over just the plain
    Gran Marnier.

  7. Kent said:


    "Tony23" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Just wondering:

    In Riverside, CA, there is a restaurant that used to serve Grand Mariner
    Souffle, but they stopped doing so when it changed hands. I have found
    another restaurant in Fullerton that serves it, but the reviews of the
    place are half-hearted at best.

    So- does anyone know a restaurant in Southern California (preferably
    Riverside, San Bernardino, or Orange county) that serves a good Grand
    Mariner Souffle?


    You might look at the NG la.eats ongoing.
    You should make your souffles at home. I make souffles routinely using the
    microwave.

    Kent

    Chowhound.com is also a good place to get help finding restaurants and
    food.

    Koko
    ---
    http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
    updated 7/08

    "There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
    George Bernard Shaw

  8. Dave Smith said:

    Steve Pope wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    So out of curiousity, would a Cheese-Grand Marnier souffle work?
    If it came out right, it'd be killer.

    Quoted message said:

    It would depend on the cheese, and I can't think of a cheese that would
    complement Gran Marnier in a way that would improve it over just the plain
    Gran Marnier.

    It would have to be a goat cheese, cream cheese, or ricotta.

    Steve

  9. Dave Smith said:
    Tony23 said:

    Just wondering:

    In Riverside, CA, there is a restaurant that used to serve Grand Mariner
    Souffle, but they stopped doing so when it changed hands. I have found
    another restaurant in Fullerton that serves it, but the reviews of the
    place are half-hearted at best.

    So- does anyone know a restaurant in Southern California (preferably
    Riverside, San Bernardino, or Orange county) that serves a good Grand
    Mariner Souffle?

    Why not try making one at home? It's not hard. Just make a regular soufflé,
    add a little sugar to it and flavour it with a shot of Gran Marnier.

    That's why I want to find a good one first - I usually like to try a
    good example of something, then go off on my own quest to make it.

    But I know NOTHING about making souffle's

  10. Koko said:
    Kent said:

    "Tony23" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Just wondering:

    In Riverside, CA, there is a restaurant that used to serve Grand Mariner
    Souffle, but they stopped doing so when it changed hands. I have found
    another restaurant in Fullerton that serves it, but the reviews of the
    place are half-hearted at best.

    So- does anyone know a restaurant in Southern California (preferably
    Riverside, San Bernardino, or Orange county) that serves a good Grand
    Mariner Souffle?


    You might look at the NG la.eats ongoing.
    You should make your souffles at home. I make souffles routinely using the
    microwave.

    Kent

    Chowhound.com is also a good place to get help finding restaurants and
    food.

    Koko

    I'll check them both out - thanks

  11. Tony23 said:


    But I know NOTHING about making souffle's

    I guarentee you're gonna love it when you taste it! Best eaten after
    a romantic candlelight dinner.

    tips & tricks

    1. Don't over beat your whites.
    2. Butter the inside of your souffle dish and coat with sugar.
    2. The big secret is strong heat from the bottom, so set your oven
    shelf at the lowest point.
    3. Don't use convect.

    There you have it. Soufflés made easy, by sf.

    🙂

    --

    A husband is someone who takes out the trash and gives the impression he just cleaned the whole house.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.