Just how many green beans are in 6 cups? I am making a recipe that calls
for 6 cups of fresh green beans, but I don't know how that translates into
pounds. Thanks,
Tracey in CT
General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion
Green Beans, how much to buy?
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- General fitness, health and nutrition
- Published
- 9 May 2005
- Last activity
- 10 May 2005
- Original author
- Tracey
- Posts
- 7
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 420
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
On Mon 09 May 2005 08:30:00a, Tracey wrote in rec.food.cooking:
Quoted message said:
Just how many green beans are in 6 cups? I am making a recipe that calls
for 6 cups of fresh green beans, but I don't know how that translates into
pounds. Thanks,
Tracey in CT1 pound = 3 cups fresh = 2½ cups cooked
--
Wayne Boatwright
____________________________________________Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974 -
"Wayne Boatwright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
1 pound = 3 cups fresh = 2½ cups cooked
Thank you, thats what I needed to know. :-)
-
On Mon 09 May 2005 12:31:23p, Tracey wrote in rec.food.cooking:
Quoted message said:
"Wayne Boatwright" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
1 pound = 3 cups fresh = 2½ cups cooked
Thank you, thats what I needed to know. :-)
You're very welcome.
--
Wayne Boatwright
____________________________________________Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974 -
IMHO, any green beans are too many!
-
Dog3 said:
How many cups in a pound of flesh?Don't you mean "How many inches"... hehe
Sheldon
-
On Mon 09 May 2005 03:48:33p, Dog3 wrote in rec.food.cooking:
Quoted message said:
Wayne Boatwright <[email hidden]> wrote in
news:[email hidden]:Quoted message said:
On Mon 09 May 2005 08:30:00a, Tracey wrote in rec.food.cooking:
Quoted message said:
Just how many green beans are in 6 cups? I am making a recipe that
calls for 6 cups of fresh green beans, but I don't know how that
translates into pounds. Thanks,
Tracey in CT1 pound = 3 cups fresh = 2½ cups cooked
How many cups in a pound of flesh?
Michael ////// running quickly from Wayne.
Are you sure you want to know?
Actually, I think it's about 2 cups per pound, depending on fat content.
Body fat has about the same volume per weight as Crisco. Isn't that an
image?--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*
____________________________________________Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.