General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

gym change

Started by Adam PR Taylor · · Last activity · 34 posts · 1,146 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
30 March 2005
Last activity
22 April 2005
Original author
Adam PR Taylor
Posts
34
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,146
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–34 of 34
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. [email hidden] wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi Handsome

    You're kinda cute, what qualitities would one have to have to capture
    your precious heart?

    You don't look that old, I would have guessed you to be 32-33. Buddy
    obviously needs glasses. Us women are better at this stuff any hows.

    So are you available or just teasing.

    Where do you hang out, I'm in Auckland and would love to run into
    someone like you and see what comes up. 🙂

    *blink*
    *blink-blink*

    --
    Adam PR Taylor
    http://www.nelliedog.co.nz

  2. [email hidden] (Adam PR Taylor) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    So I have been going to this gym now for around 4 years, in which time
    some changes have happened that I do not like, and some changes
    haven't happened that I would like. The upshot is that I have changed
    to a new gym as of 3 hours ago, and I'll get to that in a minute.

    OK, so a few days ago I was working from home, and had the dog (which
    I have joint custody of). I decided that rather than leave Sophie at
    home, I'd walk down to my old gym for a train as my membership expired
    on that very day.

    I walk on down as per usual, and tie Sophie up outside, I walk in, and
    the first thing that I notice is that one of the squat racks has been
    disassembled and is lying in pieces on the floor. This is a bad thing
    for those who remain, no matter which way one looks at it, for it
    means one of two things: it is being removed, or repainted. A real
    squat rack doesn't ‘break' or need to be ‘replaced'; they are one of
    life's few constants in this ever-changing world. They are perfection
    in form, an altar to pain, achievement and determination, - not some
    transient flimsy decoration to be changed out like last seasons
    drapes.

    So the squat rack is either being discarded, or painted. This provokes
    a one word response – why? If one assumes that a commercial gym has
    constraints on resources such as time or money, why waste them
    painting a rack when there are plates that are needed, cables
    tightened, or padding replaced.

    During my training, I was talking to a few people I know, and told the
    ones that I hadn't that I was leaving. All were curious and asked
    why, and understood. When I was finished, I decided it would be
    courteous to advise the owners of my intentions. I said that I knew
    my membership expired that day, and that I would not be renewing it.
    The reaction? "Oh, OK", with the head going back down to whatever was
    being done before. I cant speak for everyone, but if $700pa was
    walking out the door of my business I would want to know why!

    --
    Adam PR Taylor
    http://www.nelliedog.co.nz

  3. On 14 Apr 2005 18:08:14 -0700, [email hidden] (Adam PR
    Taylor) wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (Adam PR Taylor) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    So I have been going to this gym now for around 4 years, in which time
    some changes have happened that I do not like, and some changes
    haven't happened that I would like. The upshot is that I have changed
    to a new gym as of 3 hours ago, and I'll get to that in a minute.

    OK, so a few days ago I was working from home, and had the dog (which
    I have joint custody of). I decided that rather than leave Sophie at
    home, I'd walk down to my old gym for a train as my membership expired
    on that very day.

    I walk on down as per usual, and tie Sophie up outside, I walk in, and
    the first thing that I notice is that one of the squat racks has been
    disassembled and is lying in pieces on the floor. This is a bad thing
    for those who remain, no matter which way one looks at it, for it
    means one of two things: it is being removed, or repainted. A real
    squat rack doesn't ‘break' or need to be ‘replaced'; they are one of
    life's few constants in this ever-changing world. They are perfection
    in form, an altar to pain, achievement and determination, - not some
    transient flimsy decoration to be changed out like last seasons
    drapes.

    So the squat rack is either being discarded, or painted. This provokes
    a one word response – why? If one assumes that a commercial gym has
    constraints on resources such as time or money, why waste them
    painting a rack when there are plates that are needed, cables
    tightened, or padding replaced.

    During my training, I was talking to a few people I know, and told the
    ones that I hadn't that I was leaving. All were curious and asked
    why, and understood. When I was finished, I decided it would be
    courteous to advise the owners of my intentions. I said that I knew
    my membership expired that day, and that I would not be renewing it.
    The reaction? "Oh, OK", with the head going back down to whatever was
    being done before. I cant speak for everyone, but if $700pa was
    walking out the door of my business I would want to know why!

    You're not an [censored], are you?

  4. On 14 Apr 2005 18:08:14 -0700, [email hidden] (Adam PR
    Taylor) wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (Adam PR Taylor) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    So I have been going to this gym now for around 4 years, in which time
    some changes have happened that I do not like, and some changes
    haven't happened that I would like. The upshot is that I have changed
    to a new gym as of 3 hours ago, and I'll get to that in a minute.

    OK, so a few days ago I was working from home, and had the dog (which
    I have joint custody of). I decided that rather than leave Sophie at
    home, I'd walk down to my old gym for a train as my membership expired
    on that very day.

    I walk on down as per usual, and tie Sophie up outside, I walk in, and
    the first thing that I notice is that one of the squat racks has been
    disassembled and is lying in pieces on the floor. This is a bad thing
    for those who remain, no matter which way one looks at it, for it
    means one of two things: it is being removed, or repainted. A real
    squat rack doesn't ‘break' or need to be ‘replaced'; they are one of
    life's few constants in this ever-changing world. They are perfection
    in form, an altar to pain, achievement and determination, - not some
    transient flimsy decoration to be changed out like last seasons
    drapes.

    So the squat rack is either being discarded, or painted. This provokes
    a one word response – why? If one assumes that a commercial gym has
    constraints on resources such as time or money, why waste them
    painting a rack when there are plates that are needed, cables
    tightened, or padding replaced.

    During my training, I was talking to a few people I know, and told the
    ones that I hadn't that I was leaving. All were curious and asked
    why, and understood. When I was finished, I decided it would be
    courteous to advise the owners of my intentions. I said that I knew
    my membership expired that day, and that I would not be renewing it.
    The reaction? "Oh, OK", with the head going back down to whatever was
    being done before. I cant speak for everyone, but if $700pa was
    walking out the door of my business I would want to know why!

    You're not an [censored], are you?

  5. Suppose that depends on your gender.

    He claims he always chooses the wrong women.

    Makes you wonder who is the problem doesn't it. His gym seems to be
    glad to see him go too.

    Sounds to me like a player. Feel sorry for the women and mighty [censored]
    of with this attitude as it makes it difficult for us decent guys due
    to this selfish behaviour.

    Quoting Buddy - Grow Up.

    Junky

  6. John Hanson <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    On 14 Apr 2005 18:08:14 -0700, [email hidden] (Adam PR
    Taylor) wrote in misc.fitness.weights:


    [snip]

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    I cant speak for everyone, but if $700pa was
    walking out the door of my business I would want to know why!

    You're not an [censored], are you?

    Well done John. For once you are correct in your unthoughtout
    assertions. You're right, I am not an [censored].

    --
    Adam PR Taylor
    http://www.nelliedog.co.nz

  7. I suspect that John has questioned his gender too, but that is no need
    to be horrible to him. Confusion around these matters is common when
    you have 'B' cup.

    ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

    Should I donate the $0.02 to the Society for the Protection of Bitter
    and Twisted Whining Eunuchs on your behalf?

    All donations are welcome!!

  8. On 17 Apr 2005 00:21:26 -0700, [email hidden] (Adam PR
    Taylor) wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

    Quoted message said:

    John Hanson <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    On 14 Apr 2005 18:08:14 -0700, [email hidden] (Adam PR
    Taylor) wrote in misc.fitness.weights:


    [snip]

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    I cant speak for everyone, but if $700pa was
    walking out the door of my business I would want to know why!

    You're not an [censored], are you?

    Well done John. For once you are correct in your unthoughtout
    assertions. You're right, I am not an [censored].

    Actually, it was well thought out. You are seperated/divorced and the
    gym owners could give a [censored] if they lose a $700/year. There's a good
    chance some people think you are an [censored]. I don't but I get along
    with most everyone.

  9. Actually, it was well thought out. Really?????

    You are seperated/divorced - AND you have never been seperated or
    divorced - EVER I very much DOUBT IT

    It happens to the best of us and doesn't necessarily mean we are total
    [censored]. Some people just grow apart or merely should've have been
    together in the first place. Making a decision to leave is then an
    honourable act - therefore he couldn't possibly be the [censored] you make
    him out to be.

    and the gym owners could give a [censored] if they lose a $700/year comment
    ......

    Some business are to short sighted and focus only on their vision,
    hence the reason so many organisations worldwide fail. They forget
    about the most important element "the customer" , why they came to the
    gym in the first place, maybe they should have consulted with the
    regular gym goers to accertain what improvements they want, instead of
    making assumptions.

    Like you have, by saying ....

    There's a good chance some people think you are an [censored].

    I'm sure this guy has lots of friends again you are once again making
    an assumption.

    You know what they say when people assume - they make an ass out of u
    and me

    Look at thyself before you cast judgment on others.

    Good on you for leaving the gym (Adam), I think you made the rights
    choice

    Jessie 🙂

  10. On 21 Apr 2005 17:03:29 -0700, "sex_goddess"
    <[email hidden]> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

    Quoted message said:


    Thank you John, we are all entitled to our opinions. Thank you for
    sharing yours.

    It never ceases to amaze me that in order to be considered acceptable
    you must conform to the rules and regulations. Thus you must accept and
    do as you are told and not use your own intellect or judgment to make
    your own decisions.

    The reason I have chosen not to conform is that I am not a "Sheep"
    , but a leader, an individual who does not take everything at face
    value and is not afraid to challenge the system.

    I am a leader not a follower.

    But please continue to conform if this makes you feel like you belong.

    I see that took you two posts to say that. And as a service to
    newbies like you, I'll have you know that only low life scum post from
    google as their main interface to Usenet.

  11. John Hanson said:

    On 21 Apr 2005 17:03:29 -0700, "sex_goddess"
    <[email hidden]> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

    Quoted message said:


    Thank you John, we are all entitled to our opinions. Thank you for
    sharing yours.

    It never ceases to amaze me that in order to be considered acceptable
    you must conform to the rules and regulations. Thus you must accept and
    do as you are told and not use your own intellect or judgment to make
    your own decisions.

    The reason I have chosen not to conform is that I am not a "Sheep"
    , but a leader, an individual who does not take everything at face
    value and is not afraid to challenge the system.

    I am a leader not a follower.

    But please continue to conform if this makes you feel like you belong.

    I see that took you two posts to say that. And as a service to
    newbies like you, I'll have you know that only low life scum post from
    google as their main interface to Usenet.

    Killfiles are great, John. You really gotta try 'em out sometime.

    -----------
    Proton Soup

    "And all this peace has been deceiving,
    I need some wind to get me sailing"

  12. On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 23:55:50 -0500, Proton Soup <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    John Hanson said:

    On 21 Apr 2005 17:03:29 -0700, "sex_goddess"
    <[email hidden]> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

    Quoted message said:


    Thank you John, we are all entitled to our opinions. Thank you for
    sharing yours.

    It never ceases to amaze me that in order to be considered acceptable
    you must conform to the rules and regulations. Thus you must accept and
    do as you are told and not use your own intellect or judgment to make
    your own decisions.

    The reason I have chosen not to conform is that I am not a "Sheep"
    , but a leader, an individual who does not take everything at face
    value and is not afraid to challenge the system.

    I am a leader not a follower.

    But please continue to conform if this makes you feel like you belong.

    I see that took you two posts to say that. And as a service to
    newbies like you, I'll have you know that only low life scum post from
    google as their main interface to Usenet.

    Killfiles are great, John. You really gotta try 'em out sometime.

    So's sticking you're head up your ass and whistling Dixie (I
    understand)!!

    BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

    Have a great weekend Mr Soup you silly little thing - you know I
    will!! ;o)

    TFIF!!

  13. On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 23:55:50 -0500, Proton Soup <[email hidden]>
    wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

    Quoted message said:
    John Hanson said:

    On 21 Apr 2005 17:03:29 -0700, "sex_goddess"
    <[email hidden]> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

    Quoted message said:


    Thank you John, we are all entitled to our opinions. Thank you for
    sharing yours.

    It never ceases to amaze me that in order to be considered acceptable
    you must conform to the rules and regulations. Thus you must accept and
    do as you are told and not use your own intellect or judgment to make
    your own decisions.

    The reason I have chosen not to conform is that I am not a "Sheep"
    , but a leader, an individual who does not take everything at face
    value and is not afraid to challenge the system.

    I am a leader not a follower.

    But please continue to conform if this makes you feel like you belong.

    I see that took you two posts to say that. And as a service to
    newbies like you, I'll have you know that only low life scum post from
    google as their main interface to Usenet.

    Killfiles are great, John. You really gotta try 'em out sometime.

    I'd miss most of the humor.

  14. John Hanson said:

    On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 23:55:50 -0500, Proton Soup <[email hidden]>
    wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

    Quoted message said:
    John Hanson said:

    On 21 Apr 2005 17:03:29 -0700, "sex_goddess"
    <[email hidden]> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

    >
    >Thank you John, we are all entitled to our opinions. Thank you for
    >sharing yours.
    >
    >
    >It never ceases to amaze me that in order to be considered acceptable
    >you must conform to the rules and regulations. Thus you must accept and
    >do as you are told and not use your own intellect or judgment to make
    >your own decisions.
    >
    >The reason I have chosen not to conform is that I am not a "Sheep"
    >, but a leader, an individual who does not take everything at face
    >value and is not afraid to challenge the system.
    >
    >I am a leader not a follower.
    >
    >But please continue to conform if this makes you feel like you belong.

    I see that took you two posts to say that. And as a service to
    newbies like you, I'll have you know that only low life scum post from
    google as their main interface to Usenet.

    Killfiles are great, John. You really gotta try 'em out sometime.

    I'd miss most of the humor.

    Nah, because it's only funny the first time. Do you really giggle
    every time it reposts that it's a leader not a follower with a 142 IQ?

    -----------
    Proton Soup

    "And all this peace has been deceiving,
    I need some wind to get me sailing"

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.