On Sat, 28 May 2005 02:22:55 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
<[email hidden]> wrote:
Re your co-worker:
Quoted message said:I know... I don't say anything to her as I know she already knows.
It's not necessary.I simply remove "temptation" whenever I have the opportunity!
Don't even do that.
Every Friday, my office's lunch room is filled with dozens of bagels.
My own attorney brings in Krispy Kreme donuts every Thursday - and I
send out the general announcement for him. Almost every cubicle has
jars of candy, bowls of chocolates, etc., all available to anyone
walking by.
I never touch the stuff. No one needs to remove it from my sight or
smell. I've made the decision. Your co-worker either will or won't,
but no matter how much you care (and I do sense you care), you're not
her Jiminy Cricket. Treat her like the adult she is.
Re my own co-worker:
Quoted message said:Ugh. She has no clu' has she?
Weightlifting helps bones and joints by strengthening the muscles that
do the supporting!
Exactly. But she's skinny, so she's right and I'm wrong. I have no
joint problems, no cholesterol problems, no blood pressure problems -
mine is now simply an aesthetics problem, but I'm still wrong.
Quoted message said:Studies have also shown that weight lifting is about the only thing that
actually REVERSES ostioporosis!!! Something to do with the strain on the
bones from the tendons and ligaments activating osteocytes and getting
them to deposit denser bones.
Tell me about it - I got my mother into weight lifting, and she
started straightening up again (she's lost about 2 inches of height in
the past decade). She became more flexible, stopped aching, and just
generally feels better.
Quoted message said:I do both, but I prefer a stairmaster. ;-)
I do laps in my gym's pool - walking and swimming. Followed by 10
delicious minutes in the jacuzzi - stark nekkid.
Quoted message said:Has she never heard of "essential fatty acids"?
Yes, but to her dietary fat is a fearful thing. She would, quite
literally, rather be dead than gain an ounce.
Quoted message said:Hehehe!
My shoulders are accomodating.....
Thanks for the kind offer!
Myra