General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Hamburger Seasoning

Started by cybercat · · Last activity · 54 posts · 369 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
21 April 2007
Last activity
26 April 2007
Original author
cybercat
Posts
54
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
369
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 54
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "Terry" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    What kind of hamburger seasoning do you use?

    I love fresh garlic, smashed and diced, and dried onion flakes, and lots of
    pepper. I find when I use enough garlic I really don't need much salt.

  2. What kind of hamburger seasoning do you use?

  3. "Terry" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    What kind of hamburger seasoning do you use?

    I LIKE GARLIC, FRESH AND ONIONS.

    80)

  4. "cybercat" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Terry" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    What kind of hamburger seasoning do you use?

    I LIKE GARLIC, FRESH AND ONIONS.

    80)

    We go have supper at some friends once in a while when they grill burgers.
    He dumps garlic powder all over them. Yuck. I always ask for a plain one
    or just eat a hot dog. I like just salt and pepper on my burgers.

    Ms P

  5. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Terry said:

    What kind of hamburger seasoning do you use?

    Salt and pepper.
    --
    -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
    http://jamlady.eboard.com - Comfort Food for Bob Pastorio, updated
    3-16-2007
    http://web.mac.com/barbschaller - blahblahblog - Orange Honey
    Garlic Chicken, 3-29-2007
    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/amytaylor

  6. Melba's Jammin said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Terry said:

    What kind of hamburger seasoning do you use?

    Salt and pepper.

    The *perfect* seasoning for a burger!

    jay

  7. "Terry" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    What kind of hamburger seasoning do you use?

    Nine months of the years, salt, pepper, ketchup.

    July, August September, salt, pepper, slice of fresh tomato.

  8. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Terry said:

    What kind of hamburger seasoning do you use?

    Just a little salt and freshly ground pepper, although if I have it on
    hand, I will mix a packet of dried onion soup mix into the meat before
    forming it into patties.

  9. "Stan Horwitz" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Terry said:

    What kind of hamburger seasoning do you use?

    Just a little salt and freshly ground pepper, although if I have it on
    hand, I will mix a packet of dried onion soup mix into the meat before
    forming it into patties.

    I started using garlic and diced dried onions to get the same effect
    as the soup mix kind but with a lot less salt. It is also less expensive!

  10. Terry said:

    What kind of hamburger seasoning do you use?

    The bare minimum is black pepper. For anyone used to eating
    salted food, the minimum is salt and pepper.

    Working your way up from there, the next level is mixing
    Wochestershire sauce into the hamburger (or if you're lazy
    sprinkling it on).

    Beyond that... meh. Maybe if the hamburger is not the
    best quality consider loading it up with other stuff.
    Paprika or chili powder works, finely minced onion works
    for some people.

    Steve

  11. Melba's Jammin said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Terry said:

    What kind of hamburger seasoning do you use?

    Salt and pepper.

    Exactly; just that and nothing more.

  12. Terry said:

    What kind of hamburger seasoning do you use?

    Usually just salt. I'm not big on pepper and neither is my son.

    --
    Caryn
    Caryn Nadelberg - Mommy to Sam and Queen of the May
    www.carynen.blogspot.com

  13. Terry said:

    What kind of hamburger seasoning do you use?

    Take a walnut sized piece of herbal butter or blue cheese and put it in
    the middle of a hamburger patty, pan fry or grill.

  14. Terry wrote on 21 Apr 2007 in rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:

    What kind of hamburger seasoning do you use?

    I've been accused of not making burgers, but meatloaf patties instead.
    Choose for yourself....Beer-Burgers and tasty too.

    mix 1 lb hamburger or so, with 1 raw egg, A1 steak sauce, garlic & onion
    powders, salt, pepper,worechestershire sauce, 1 tube crushed soda crackers
    (or so), mustard flour, & beer,and maybe bbq sauce. All amounts are
    approx...I adjust untill it 'feels' right to my hand. make patties, let
    sit in fridge 20 minutes to marry... and then fry, grill or bake.

    I prefer 'Mom's' depression style burgers and miss the taste if I don't add
    cracker crumbs or bread crumbs as filler.

    The cracker crumbs really hold in the beer for an excellent flavour.

  15. Terry <[email hidden]>
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    What kind of hamburger seasoning do you use?

    On cooked hamburgers or in the ground beef that I intend to make patties
    out of? Usually just s&p but sometimes I'll add minced garlic and/or onion
    to the uncooked ground beef before grilling.

    Michael

    --
    This is how it works in my house. Click the pic to enlarge it:
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=42ko0mf
    -remove "foodie" to email

  16. cybercat said:

    "Terry" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    What kind of hamburger seasoning do you use?

    I love fresh garlic, smashed and diced, and dried onion flakes, and lots of
    pepper. I find when I use enough garlic I really don't need much salt.

    That's 'cause you eat [censored] burgers >>> [censored].

  17. Terry said:

    What kind of hamburger seasoning do you use?

    My burgers need only a thin slice of onion and a long neck of suds.

    Sheldon

  18. Terry said...

    Quoted message said:

    What kind of hamburger seasoning do you use?

    Sometimes if I remember, a sprinkle of Lawry's seasoning salt or
    worchestshire sauce (not both) over the patties while cooking.

    Andy

  19. Andy <q> news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    Sometimes if I remember, a sprinkle of Lawry's seasoning salt or
    worchestshire sauce (not both) over the patties while cooking.

    Andy

    I have never acquired a taste for seasoning salt. For some reason it
    always tastes (to me) artificial, for lack of a better word

    Michael
    --
    This is how it works in my house. Click the pic to enlarge it:
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=42ko0mf
    -remove "foodie" to email

  20. Terry said...

    Quoted message said:

    What kind of hamburger seasoning do you use?

    Someone suggested dill weed burgers. As long as you go real easy on the dry
    dill weed, the burgers are delicious. I don't use more than a dash per patty.
    Potent/pungent stuff!!!!

    Andy

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.