http://www.usantidoping.org/files/active/arbitration_rulings/AAA_CAS%20Decision%20-%20Hamilton.pdf
Crit Poser
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
Road Cycling · Public discussion
Thread navigation
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
<[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:http://www.usantidoping.org/files/active/arbitration_rulings/AAA_CAS%20Decision%20-%20Hamilton.pdf
After reading the proceedings, I whole-heartedly agree with the arbitrator
who dissented.
Andy Coggan
Please elaborate on your specific objections. Personally, I thought the
discussion around the quantitative nature of the test, the lower limits
of detection, and the data on which the lower levels was determined
were suspect.
I'd have to say, it looks to have failed the 'smell' test.
Considering the "I'll know it when I see it" standard of pass/fail, I'm
surprised they even bothered to hear the case, much less rule against
Tyler.
When you consider that they'd been in contact w/Tyler all summer and
had warned him of blood irregularities, it seems so unlikely that he'd
actually flaunt it by going ahead w/ monthly 100cc booster transfusions
(as one expert alleged it looked like he must have done).
Looks like he got screwed.
"Scott" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:I'd have to say, it looks to have failed the 'smell' test.
Considering the "I'll know it when I see it" standard of pass/fail, I'm
surprised they even bothered to hear the case, much less rule against
Tyler.When you consider that they'd been in contact w/Tyler all summer and
had warned him of blood irregularities, it seems so unlikely that he'd
actually flaunt it by going ahead w/ monthly 100cc booster transfusions
(as one expert alleged it looked like he must have done).
Unless he was doing autologous along with Santi and they got the bags mixed
up.
The following statement on page 8 seems objectionable:
"There is no risk of a false positive and no need to do so called
validation studies."
Quoted message said:Please elaborate on your specific objections. Personally, I thought
the
Quoted message said:discussion around the quantitative nature of the test, the lower
limits
Quoted message said:of detection, and the data on which the lower levels was determined
were suspect.
"MagillaGorilla" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:WRONG. The parties agreed that the test confirmed that RBC's camed from
mixed populations of RBC,s but disagreed on >the source of that population.
Not quite. The claim that he was/is a chimera admits to a human source for
the mixed RBC population.
Quoted message said:b. His own blood tests before and after the Vuelta showed an absence of
homologous transfusion.
CORRECT. This could be interpreted as proof that the UCI/WADA test can
yield a false positive.
No. It's about identification above "noise" level.
Quoted message said:c. The claim that he is a chimera fell apart when it became clear how few
human chimeras there are (1 chimera out of millions of Red Cross blood
donor
blood typing).
CORRECT but MISLEADING. Tyler has no idea why he tested positive. His
experts and legal team told him that his best >bet was to go for the
chimera argument. But the dissenting opinion by Chris Campbell clearly
shows that Campbell did not >limit his opposition to USADA's case by the
chimera argument.
Tyler knows exactly why he tested positive. Catagorize Campbell's decision
any way you like.
Quoted message said:d. Claiming to be an on again, off again chimera was so far fetched as to
be
ludicrous.
Quoted message said:Tyler and his counsel made a mistake in that they should not have felt
obligated to explain why the test yields a false >positive. In using the
chimera argument, they painted themselves into a corner. However
arbitrator Campbell did the right >thing by not limiting his dissent to
that explanation. All the chimera defense proves is Hamilton's defense
appears to have >made a strategic mistake in trying to explain something
they cannot explain. This does not mean the test is valid.
A mistake--no. Jacobs did a very good job of erecting smoke and mirrors.
Hats off to him for getting one arbitrator to bite. Now it's on to
Switzerland. Does Tyler know how to yodel?
In article <[email hidden]>,
[email hidden] says...
Quoted message said:<[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
http://www.usantidoping.org/files/active/arbitration_rulings/AAA_CAS%20Decision
%20-%20Hamilton.pdf
Quoted message said:
After reading the proceedings, I whole-heartedly agree with the arbitrator
who dissented.
Me three. 🙂
------------
Alex
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.