Happiness is ...

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Richard Bates, Jun 28, 2004.

  1. .... (obviously with the exception of actually riding that is)

    1) Taking a humble touring bike in to a shop for a service and the
    mechanic, who presumably has the pick of any bike he chooses at a
    discount price from the shop's large range, saying, "Wow, that's a
    really nice bike".

    2) Servicing and rebuilding the hack and admiring its ugliness (white
    frame, black luggage rack, blue and red bottle cages (one of which is
    held on with zipties), insulation tape holding down the cork tape etc
    etc) whilst secretly knowing that it will go like the clappers.

    3) Being given permission to buy a new bike shed for the bottom of the
    garden so that I can easily get at all three bikes (currently two are
    obscured by the car).

    any more?

    --
    DISCLAIMER: My email box is private property.Email which
    appears in my inbox is mine to do what I like with.

    Tags:

  2. Paul - xxx

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Richard Bates typed:

    > any more?

    When the kids start asking for you to take them on bike rides too .. ;)

    --
    Paul ...

    (8(|) ... Homer Rocks

  3. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    On 28/6/04 8:11 pm, in article [email protected], "Paul - xxx"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Richard Bates typed:
    >
    >> any more?

    > When the kids start asking for you to take them on bike rides too .. ;)

    My wee one does, but then again he doesn't pedal, just sits on the child
    seat..

    ...d