Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Hardtail/Sus Post vs Softtail?

Started by (PeteCresswell) · · Last activity · 31 posts · 1,801 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
27 February 2006
Last activity
31 March 2006
Original author
(PeteCresswell)
Posts
31
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,801
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–31 of 31
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Scott G said:
    Quoted message said:

    Salsa Dos Niner. Not dead.

    29er perhaps not dead, true.

    No. The Dos Niner is a 29er Softtail.

    http://www.salsacycles.com/frames_06DosNiner.html

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  2. Scott G said:
    Quoted message said:

    It's funny that you mention that... the Giant NRS is dead, too,
    replaced by the Giant Anthem for 2006. I'm going to go out on a
    limb and say the primary motivation for doing this is to avoid the
    Specialized/Horst patent licensing fees.
    --

    Just Googled the Anthem...doesn't look much like NRS at all. Why not
    just pay the fees?

    Giant needed to jump on the "new suspension design" bandwagon. Specialized
    has the Epic, Cannondale's doing something stupid and proprietary as usual,
    Trek got big into the freeride stuff, and Giant wanted a coherent line that
    people could identify with and upgrade along, hence the "Maestro"
    suspension.

    Before, people never really knew what a VT or AC was unless they knew the
    Giant line. NRS, yeah, maybe. But they've gotten away from the acronyms
    and started using real names so people will remember them. Think about
    it... how many times have your loved ones talked about the "UBS sockets" on
    their computers?

    I personally feel that it's mostly a load of [censored]. And I love Giants, so
    that's saying a lot. Maybe I'll give the Anthem 2 in the shop a test ride
    on a real trail sometime.
    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

  3. Carla A-G skrev:

    Quoted message said:

    "JD" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    JD had x-ray spex in 3rd grade

    I always wondering if those things worked...I never got to find out...

    you still have the chance 😉

    http://www.thegag.com/forum-24902.html

  4. Carla A-G said:

    "JD" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    JD had x-ray spex in 3rd grade

    I always wondering if those things worked...I never got to find out...

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

    I sent an envelope full of pennies to the address in the phone book. I
    never found out either.

    Scott's $.02

  5. Carla A-G said:

    "JD" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    JD had x-ray spex in 3rd grade

    I always wondering if those things worked...I never got to find out...

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

    I sent an envelope full of pennies to the address in the comic book. I
    never found out either.

    Scott's $.02

  6. Scott Gordo said:
    Carla A-G said:

    "JD" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    JD had x-ray spex in 3rd grade


    I always wondering if those things worked...I never got to find out...

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

    I sent an envelope full of pennies to the address in the comic book. I
    never found out either.

    Scott's $.02

    I sent away for the "flying" ghost in the back of an Archies comic book
    in 1971. Three months later I got a flat envelope. Inside was a
    string, balloon, and white plastic garbage bag. I think that was one of
    the most disappointing experiences I have ever had.

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  7. Ride-A-Lot said:
    Scott Gordo said:
    Carla A-G said:

    "JD" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > JD had x-ray spex in 3rd grade
    I always wondering if those things worked...I never got to find out...

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

    I sent an envelope full of pennies to the address in the comic book. I
    never found out either.

    Scott's $.02

    I sent away for the "flying" ghost in the back of an Archies comic book
    in 1971. Three months later I got a flat envelope. Inside was a
    string, balloon, and white plastic garbage bag. I think that was one of
    the most disappointing experiences I have ever had.

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

    LOL!
    Oh man. Raw exploitation of little kids. That shyster business owner
    must have had the PT Barnum adage on his wall. I feel bad for THAT
    guy's childhood.
    I'm trying to think of a cycling equivalent, where the promise falls
    totally flat....
    /s

  8. Ride-A-Lot said:
    Scott Gordo said:
    Carla A-G said:

    "JD" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    > JD had x-ray spex in 3rd grade

    I always wondering if those things worked...I never got to find out...

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

    I sent an envelope full of pennies to the address in the comic book. I
    never found out either.

    Scott's $.02

    I sent away for the "flying" ghost in the back of an Archies comic book
    in 1971. Three months later I got a flat envelope. Inside was a
    string, balloon, and white plastic garbage bag. I think that was one of
    the most disappointing experiences I have ever had.

    My brother did, too. I laughed.

    Greg

    --
    "All my time I spent in heaven
    Revelries of dance and wine
    Waking to the sound of laughter
    Up I'd rise and kiss the sky" - The Mekons

  9. G.T. said:
    Ride-A-Lot said:

    I sent away for the "flying" ghost in the back of an Archies comic
    book in 1971. Three months later I got a flat envelope. Inside was a
    string, balloon, and white plastic garbage bag. I think that was one
    of the most disappointing experiences I have ever had.

    My brother did, too. I laughed.

    Greg

    Very nice. It was a traumatic experience. I bet he still remembers it
    as well as I do. Shattered dreams I tell you! Shattered!

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  10. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    29er perhaps not dead, true.

    No. The Dos Niner is a 29er Softtail.

    http://www.salsacycles.com/frames_06DosNiner.html

    Nice lookin bike. I was referring to the 29er's ability to make retro
    progressive, and therefore would not be dead....friends of mine that ditched
    hardtails in the 90s are suddenly back on a hardtail with 29 inch wheels (I
    was lumping the Dos Niner in that category I guess). But 26 inch softails
    I just don't see anymore, at least not around my neck of the woods.

  11. <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Don't know what your missing till its gone. Stay with the hardtail
    and your thank me.

    if it's Thanks you're looking for, perhaps a proofreader b-4 you hit send
    would be in order???

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.