rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

has anyone tried these pedals?

Started by mornish · · Last activity · 18 posts · 335 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
25 April 2006
Last activity
26 April 2006
Original author
mornish
Posts
18
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
335
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–18 of 18
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. There magnesiam with a titanium spindle, sealed, and look awesome. does
    anyone know how strong they would be?

    dk magnesium pedlas.jpg

    They have 8 pins per side so they look really grippy also.
    and the titanium ones weigh 14.6 oz. together.

    Miles

    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: dk magnesium pedlas.jpg |
    |Download: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/13127 |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    mornish

    "LX seats are as comfortable as bricks." lildude2
    "CX seats are bricks."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mornish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11658
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48843

  2. anyone tried these? does any1 think they would work well cause ive heard
    that magnesium breaks easily, but if I put pedal protectors and grinds
    plates on they would protect them enough...

    --
    mornish

    "LX seats are as comfortable as bricks." lildude2
    "CX seats are bricks."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mornish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11658
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48843

  3. mornish said:

    anyone tried these? does any1 think they would work well cause ive heard
    that magnesium breaks easily, but if I put pedal protectors and grinds
    plates on they would protect them enough...

    no, mag pedals shatter i belive

    --
    giraffe

    evil-nick said:

    Trials biker after seeing me jump off a concrete barrier: "How do you
    keep from squashing your nuts!?"
    Me: "I use those for cushioning!"

    :p
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    giraffe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9372
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48843

  4. mornish said:

    oh yea, the only problem is that there about $115. I found them on
    danscomp.

    Miles

    Don't get them, it's not worth it. I've heard sealed pedals don't last
    as long with unicycles, ask John Childs or somebody. Or search it.
    magnesium isn't so bad though, I rode trials/street with Haro big block
    mag. pedals for a year and a half and they're still not bent.

    --
    forrestunifreak

    Money talks. Mine says goodbye. *'My gallery'
    (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)*jonny peacock is a
    man

    For 15% off your first order of Hammer Nutrition Products go to
    http://www.e-caps.com/affiliates/82904
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    forrestunifreak's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6828
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48843

  5. ok thanks. are titanium spindles stronger than normal ones?

    --
    mornish

    "LX seats are as comfortable as bricks." lildude2
    "CX seats are bricks."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mornish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11658
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48843

  6. people who buy these fancy pedals end up buying bmw motorcycles when
    they grow up .. lol

    =)

    --
    fordfasterr

    Fav Quotes:
    A. {Great minds discuss ideas, Average minds discuss events, Small
    minds discuss people.}
    B. {The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.}
    AIM SN: FordFasteR - 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 636R carfree.com whyquit.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    fordfasterr's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11890
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48843

  7. lol :p

    --
    mornish

    "LX seats are as comfortable as bricks." lildude2
    "CX seats are bricks."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mornish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11658
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48843

  8. if I put rubber pedal protectors on them wouldn't that stop them from
    shattering though?

    --
    mornish

    "LX seats are as comfortable as bricks." lildude2
    "CX seats are bricks."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mornish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11658
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48843

  9. AT 80lbs, I don't think you would break any pedals.

    mornish said:

    if I were too get them (which isn't too likely atleast until I get more
    $ and kill my snafus, I would put a grind plate on so grind damage
    is'nt a problem. I was wondering if they could handle up to a 5 foot
    drop. I weight like 80lbs.

    Miles

    --
    mscalisi
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mscalisi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48843

  10. I would buy the 24 Butterfly Pedals they cost 80$ and there worth the
    money!!

    P.S.:I think Yoggi and Xavier ride them.

    --
    borsti

    Ich beurteile diese Richtigkeit als falsch!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    borsti's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11098
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48843

  11. http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48855

    mornish said:

    if I put rubber pedal protectors on them wouldn't that stop them from
    shattering though?

    Like I said, I used $25 Haro magnesium pedals for a long time, dropped
    them on pavement tons of times, they held up beautifully. The only
    thing that happened to them was I bent the spindle eventually, and I
    weigh 135 pounds.

    Do a search on sealed and unsealed pedals, for some reason sealed
    breaks easy for trials and stuff, but I can't explain it.

    --
    forrestunifreak

    Money talks. Mine says goodbye. *'My gallery'
    (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)*jonny peacock is a
    man

    For 15% off your first order of Hammer Nutrition Products go to
    http://www.e-caps.com/affiliates/82904
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    forrestunifreak's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6828
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48843

  12. mornish said:

    ok thanks. are titanium spindles stronger than normal ones?

    No, but they are half the weight. Weighing 80 lbs, I highly doubt you
    could bend them.

    --
    onetrack

    "People over here have a dangerous habit of adding quotes to signature
    lines."
    -Klaas Bil
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48843

  13. forrestunifreak said:

    for some reason sealed breaks easy for trials and stuff

    correction... sealed bearing pedals aren't as shock-resistant as
    unsealed bearing pedals... but it's not "easy" to break sealed pedals
    in most cases. i have sealed JC's on my muni, which I occasionally use
    for trials riding, and the bearings have performed quite well so far...

    --
    maestro8

    Those are my principles. If you don't like those, I have others. --
    Groucho Marx
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    maestro8's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7871
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48843

  14. ok. If I ever get them it'll probably be in a loooooong time. They make
    aluminum versions of the same pedal but their only $10 less. I haven't
    found unsealed ones either. Thanks 4 the help.

    Miles

    --
    mornish

    "LX seats are as comfortable as bricks." lildude2
    "CX seats are bricks."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mornish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11658
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48843

  15. While on the subject of pedals, has anyone ever expirienced problem with
    the off-set on most platforms? The actual surface you stand on is in
    front of the spindle. I rode a friend's snafus and they felt weird, but
    I'm used to wellgo B-36 pedals.

    --
    madmattunipro

    Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving in a
    pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly
    used up, totally worn out, and loudly declaring, "WOW what a ride!"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    madmattunipro's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10763
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48843

  16. giraffe said:

    no, mag pedals shatter i belive

    When have magnesium pedals shattered? Who has shattered them? What type
    of pedals were they?

    --
    president_luke
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    president_luke's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11036
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48843

  17. president_luke said:

    When have magnesium pedals shattered? Who has shattered them? What type
    of pedals were they?

    http://tinyurl.com/o526d

    --
    giraffe

    evil-nick said:

    Trials biker after seeing me jump off a concrete barrier: "How do you
    keep from squashing your nuts!?"
    Me: "I use those for cushioning!"

    :p
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    giraffe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9372
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48843

  18. madmattunipro said:

    While on the subject of pedals, has anyone ever expirienced problem with
    the off-set on most platforms? The actual surface you stand on is in
    front of the spindle. I rode a friend's snafus and they felt weird, but
    I'm used to wellgo B-36 pedals.

    No matter where the pins are, the ball of your foot should always be
    above the spindle. Sometimes when you switch to a diffent set of
    pedals, you have to adjust to a different concave.

    --
    onetrack

    "People over here have a dangerous habit of adding quotes to signature
    lines."
    -Klaas Bil
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/48843

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.