Has this been invented yet?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ny Rides, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. Ny Rides

    Ny Rides Guest

    There's so much room under the average saddle. Has anybody made a tool bag that fits neatly under
    there? Perhaps a hard-shell type of deal with a lock on it? (Please send me a check if you follow
    through on this and are successful with it.)

    --
    Low-Impact Rides In The LI/NY Area www.geocities.com/NYRides

    Tags:

  2. S. Anderson

    S. Anderson Guest

    "NY Rides" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > There's so much room under the average saddle. Has anybody made a tool
    bag
    > that fits neatly under there? Perhaps a hard-shell type of deal with a
    lock
    > on it? (Please send me a check if you follow through on this and are successful with it.)
    >
    > --
    > Low-Impact Rides In The LI/NY Area www.geocities.com/NYRides

    Ya know, there actually isn't that much space under there. Well, maybe under the very back, but
    where the clamp is, you usually can't get your finger between the saddle and the clamp. And if you
    wedged something in there, there'd be very little suspension in the saddle and it'd be quite
    uncomfortable. You COULD get something in there behind the clamp, but that space is rather small.
    Still, a good place to store keys, some cash and ID perhaps.

    Cheers,

    Scott..

  3. Zoot Katz

    Zoot Katz Guest

    Wed, 25 Jun 2003 23:37:19 -0400, <[email protected]>, "S. Anderson"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"NY Rides" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> There's so much room under the average saddle. Has anybody made a tool
    >bag
    >> that fits neatly under there? Perhaps a hard-shell type of deal with a
    >lock
    >> on it? (Please send me a check if you follow through on this and are successful with it.)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Low-Impact Rides In The LI/NY Area www.geocities.com/NYRides
    >>

    >Ya know, there actually isn't that much space under there. Well, maybe under the very back, but
    >where the clamp is, you usually can't get your finger between the saddle and the clamp. And if you
    >wedged something in there, there'd be very little suspension in the saddle and it'd be quite
    >uncomfortable. You COULD get something in there behind the clamp, but that space is rather small.
    >Still, a good place to store keys, some cash and ID perhaps.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Scott..

    There's enough room under the nose of some saddles to stash a corkscrew, thereby turning your mount
    into a Swiss Army Bike!
    --
    zk

  4. Walter Mitty

    Walter Mitty Guest

    Zoot Katz <[email protected]> brightened my day with his incisive wit when in
    news:[email protected] he conjectured that:

    > Wed, 25 Jun 2003 23:37:19 -0400, <[email protected]>, "S. Anderson"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>"NY Rides" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]...
    >>> There's so much room under the average saddle. Has anybody made a tool
    >>bag
    >>> that fits neatly under there? Perhaps a hard-shell type of deal with a
    >>lock
    >>> on it? (Please send me a check if you follow through on this and are successful with it.)
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Low-Impact Rides In The LI/NY Area www.geocities.com/NYRides
    >>>

    >>Ya know, there actually isn't that much space under there. Well, maybe under the very back, but
    >>where the clamp is, you usually can't get your finger between the saddle and the clamp. And if you
    >>wedged something in there, there'd be very little suspension in the saddle and it'd be quite
    >>uncomfortable. You COULD get something in there behind the clamp, but that space is rather small.
    >>Still, a good place to store keys, some cash and ID perhaps.
    >>
    >>Cheers,
    >>
    >>Scott..
    >>
    > There's enough room under the nose of some saddles to stash a corkscrew, thereby turning your
    > mount into a Swiss Army Bike!

    Storing a corkscrew under the family jewels. Hope nothing slips during a tumble.

    --
    Walter Mitty.

  5. Austinboston

    Austinboston Guest

    Walter Mitty wrote
    > Zoot Katz <[email protected]> brightened my day with his incisive wit when in
    > news:[email protected] he conjectured that:

    <snip>
    > > There's enough room under the nose of some saddles to stash a corkscrew, thereby turning your
    > > mount into a Swiss Army Bike!
    >
    > Storing a corkscrew under the family jewels. Hope nothing slips during a tumble.

    This thought lends new meaning (and pain) to the term "got screwed".

    Austin

  6. Ben

    Ben Guest

    "NY Rides" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > There's so much room under the average saddle. Has anybody made a tool bag that fits neatly under
    > there? Perhaps a hard-shell type of deal with a lock on it? (Please send me a check if you follow
    > through on this and are successful with it.)

    You mean underneath the back of the saddle? I don't know about hard-shell ones, but there are LOTS
    of soft nylon ones out there - Any bike store or website should have them.

    Ben

  7. Ny Rides

    Ny Rides Guest

    I'm not talking about a saddle bag. I'm talking about the area underneath the seat itself -- inside
    the hardware cage. There's a whole cavity under there that's protected from the elements, pretty
    much. Saddle bags are kind of conspicuous...a magnet for klepto wannabees. A locking "trunk" under
    the saddle would be pretty cool, I think...even if just to carry a cork screw.

    --
    Low-Impact Rides In The LI/NY Area www.geocities.com/NYRides "Ben" <[email protected]> wrote in