padawan said:I know the clincher/tublular battle has raged on in other posts, I just like to hear others' opinions (which is why I'm on a public forum I guess).
I have both, but I run the tubies (Reynolds Stratus DV's) the majority of the time (about 85% of the time, since I bought 'em). I didn't want CF clinchers because I'm just not sold on them, right now, as far as the weight, technology, and construction methods go right now. Note that the Stratus Clinchers are full CF clinchers. There were no deep rimmed CF wheels with alloy brake tracks that interested me.
As for using a tubie vs using a clincher goes, I don't find one any better or worse than the other, at least from my experience. Sure I can patch a clicher tube out on the road, but with the tubie, I can throw on a spare tubie or get out a can of Vittoria Pitstop. That's always worked for me. And I don't think patching tubie's is such a chore. I wait until I've got a few of flatted, and then when a crappy day comes along, I get out the TV remote, a six-pack of Stella Artois, some Nacho Cheese Doritos, and I have myself a tubie patchin' good time. It's so very zen. Really.