Help: quickie Ergopower clean and lube?

Doug Van Cleve

Guest
Hi there.

Is there a decent, fast non-invasive way to clean and lube Ergopower
levers? I have a set of old Sachs 8 speed that I definitely don't
want to take apart, but I was thinking maybe some white lithium spray
grease through that removeable plate in the back or maybe the cable
entrance. Good idea? Bad idea? Alternatives?

Thanks, Doug

On 26 Aug 2004 16:01:23 -0700, [email protected] (Doug Van Cleve)
wrote:

>Hi there.
>
>Is there a decent, fast non-invasive way to clean and lube Ergopower
>levers? I have a set of old Sachs 8 speed that I definitely don't
>want to take apart, but I was thinking maybe some white lithium spray
>grease through that removeable plate in the back or maybe the cable
>entrance. Good idea? Bad idea? Alternatives?

Once you are able to remove the backplate, taking the shifter apart,
cleaning, lubing, replacing G springs is easy.