is on the dead because they are no longer able to fight back.
Quoted message said:
In Chicago, the dead vote early and ofter. Why shouldn't they be taxed, too?
----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---
"Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Edward Dolan said:
... Jeff Grippe is most likely engaged in manual labor and has no need of showers. If he can't learn to post properly, how could he ever do anything that required any brains. No, Jeff Grippe is most likely engaged in sewer work in the City of New York. Sewers are very important of course, but I would think such work falls into the category of unskilled labor....
Prevailing wage for a plumber on a public works project in New York City is $47.91/hour. I believe, even after adjusting for cost of living (all else being equal), a person earning that wage could afford to spend much more on recumbent bicycles and trikes than a community college librarian in Minnesota (assuming no significant unearned income).
Plumbers are more or less skilled labor. I picture Jeff Grippe as being unskilled labor since he is too stupid to figure out how to post correctly. Surely he is the man with the hoe or the pitchfork.
The way plumbers, electricians and other service people charge, I wish I had gone into the lowly trades myself instead of wasting my life pursuing the arts and sciences and becoming a Great Saint. Some of these damn kids who mow lawns earn more than I ever did.
-- Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota aka Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota
"Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
... The government should provide heavy tax incentives to provide secure human powered vehicle (HPV) parking and showers for human powered commuters. The lost revenue could be made up by taxing automotive parking spaces, or better yet, and increased inheritance tax. I am sure $kip would approve of the latter. 😉
Why should the government tax its citizens to put a shower in in a private business for your benefit?
I would do much less damage to the "commons" if it were reasonable and practical to ride a recumbent bicycle or trike to work. If the government subsidizes motorized transport, why shouldn't do the same for human powered transport?
An ISO 305-mm/406-mm wheelset lowracer in every garage! -- Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley