Hi,
I'm new to the forum. I've been riding my mtb all summer on streets/paths and i think it is about time to get a road bike. I went to the local bike store to look at the Giant OCR 3. I reseached the bike here and I thought that it would be a good entry level bike.
So I'm at the LBS and I ask for a test drive. The salesman takes down the OCR3 on display and has me sit on it. Says that it is a great fit. I rode it and I will say that it felt ok if not a bit tight (which he later fixed by changing the angle on the bars).
I get back to the store and he tells me I was riding a size "small" and that it was proper for me. I was a bit shocked because nothing about me is small. I'm 6'0 and 250 lbs. I do have short legs (wear a 30" inseam pants). The cross bar on the frame was very close to my boys as I was standing over it.
What do you think about a small frame? I'm tempted to call up and order a medium, but I don't really know why. The bike felt good, and quick to me, but it is the first road bike that I've been on since the 80's..
Your opionions are appreciated!