Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Help with FSA Crank noise?

Started by johncc48 · · Last activity · 6 posts · 2,458 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
18 March 2006
Last activity
5 July 2008
Original author
johncc48
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,458
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Has anyone had a problem with noisy carbon cranks? I have replaced my BB 3 times because of a loud 'creak' at 90 to 180 degrees of travel from TDC on my left pedal. LBS says it's not coming from the BB or the threads on my custom Seven Axiom frame. But I am hard on left pedals, having broken 2 left Speedplay Zero cleats.
    Is it possible that the noise is coming from the ISIS insert or the threaded pedal insert in my FSA carbon crank arm? Can they loosen in the carbon casting? If so how would I find this out without having to buy a whole new crankset?
    Thanks. John

  2. hi there, i too have noticed quite a bit of noise coming from my FSA carbon cranks. im not sure whats causing it but its extrmely annoying. if you get yours fixed, please let me know/ 🙂 🙂

  3. Careful jan_fan, the original poster posted that message in March 2006... I doubt he will be responding in the immediate future.

  4. jan_fan said:

    hi there, i too have noticed quite a bit of noise coming from my FSA carbon cranks. im not sure whats causing it but its extrmely annoying. if you get yours fixed, please let me know/ 🙂 🙂


    Since the OP has probably gone crazy from all the creaking and given up riding I'll take a stab. I've got the FSA Team Carbon cranks and a ti ISIS spindle. They seem to develop a creaking once or twice a season, say every 3-4K miles. It's noticeable only during heavy loads and steep climbs, at least when it starts.

    When the creaking first started, checked the crankarm bolt torque and found it OK. The fix was/is to pull the arms and reapply grease to the ISIS splines, then reinstall. I just use regular auto-grade grease; perhaps ti anti-seize would last longer.

  5. what????broke 2 left speedplay pedal????!!! man that's truly bad.I was thinking to switch my cranks to FSA K-force or SL-K carbon.I think i need to save my pocket and skip this crank thingy man.Anyway the pedal part(it's really sounds scary when i imagine).And I saw my friend using a K-force crank and the bb cracks badly.Other than that i don't know more about it.Sorry that i cant help ya dude 🙁

  6. Guy at my LBS doesn't like the ISIS BB. Says they squeak way to early after an install. Now he tells me...

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.