I have recently purchased a Shimano Flightdeck SM-6501 Wireless computer for my Specialized road bike. After I first installed it, it worked fine on my first ride. Then I realized I had input the wrong wheel circumfrence, so i reset the information and corrected it.
On my next ride the computer started to act up. The computer would display information at random. It would be showing my gearing and speed for several minutes, and then stop at random. Now the computer doesnt seem to display information at all. It only work when I use the buttons on the computer itself. The buttons in my levers are useless, and it will not displan any information. I was wondering if anyone knows of any remedies or has advice on how to fix this problem.
P.S. I have noticed that on the back of the computer there are 4 little knubs that I assume are the contact points for transferring the information to the computer. I also noticed that the two on the top have small rubber rings around them, but one of mine is missing that rubber ring, could that be my problem, and if so does anyone know what i should do to fix it?
I have recently purchased a Shimano Flightdeck SM-6501 Wireless computer for my Specialized road bike. After I first installed it, it worked fine on my first ride. Then I realized I had input the wrong wheel circumfrence, so i reset the information and corrected it.
On my next ride the computer started to act up. The computer would display information at random. It would be showing my gearing and speed for several minutes, and then stop at random. Now the computer doesnt seem to display information at all. It only work when I use the buttons on the computer itself. The buttons in my levers are useless, and it will not displan any information. I was wondering if anyone knows of any remedies or has advice on how to fix this problem.
P.S. I have noticed that on the back of the computer there are 4 little knubs that I assume are the contact points for transferring the information to the computer. I also noticed that the two on the top have small rubber rings around them, but one of mine is missing that rubber ring, could that be my problem, and if so does anyone know what i should do to fix it?
Hello,
I had much the same problem with the Flightdeck only not quite as soon as you.When you installed it did you put the small plastic ' shims ' under the contacts in the levers ? Mine is a few years old now but the problem stemmed from the head unit contacts not interfacing properly with the contacts in the hoods leading to spurious information.The new models may have sorted it out now.The ' shims ' are very small and clear so you may not have seen them.Before I obtained them I used a small piece of Blue-Tak but this only worked for a while. If it is a new unit I would return it to the shop and let them sort it out.
I have recently purchased a Shimano Flightdeck SM-6501 Wireless computer for my Specialized road bike. After I first installed it, it worked fine on my first ride. Then I realized I had input the wrong wheel circumfrence, so i reset the information and corrected it.
On my next ride the computer started to act up. The computer would display information at random. It would be showing my gearing and speed for several minutes, and then stop at random. Now the computer doesnt seem to display information at all. It only work when I use the buttons on the computer itself. The buttons in my levers are useless, and it will not displan any information. I was wondering if anyone knows of any remedies or has advice on how to fix this problem.
P.S. I have noticed that on the back of the computer there are 4 little knubs that I assume are the contact points for transferring the information to the computer. I also noticed that the two on the top have small rubber rings around them, but one of mine is missing that rubber ring, could that be my problem, and if so does anyone know what i should do to fix it?
I had the same problem you are describing. Replaced the batteries and had the same problem. Turned out that I was missing one of the two screws which hold the contacts (connected by the wires to the computer) and I was not getting a good connection to the contacts inside the hoods. I would think that closely examining how well this contact point is working for you may be worth your time. Regards David James
Another subject, but the same Flightdeck: my flightdeck has trouble understanding a triple. When shifting down the flightdeck skips the middle blade, shifting up it only understands the "2" when the rear is in one of the smaller ones. My mec. doesn't understand it, Shimano knows the problem but hasn't got the solution... Anybody smarter than the pro's?
"mngopher2k8" <[email hidden]> schreef in bericht news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
I have recently purchased a Shimano Flightdeck SM-6501 Wireless computer for my Specialized road bike. After I first installed it, it worked fine on my first ride. Then I realized I had input the wrong wheel circumfrence, so i reset the information and corrected it.
On my next ride the computer started to act up. The computer would display information at random. It would be showing my gearing and speed for several minutes, and then stop at random. Now the computer doesnt seem to display information at all. It only work when I use the buttons on the computer itself. The buttons in my levers are useless, and it will not displan any information. I was wondering if anyone knows of any remedies or has advice on how to fix this problem.
P.S. I have noticed that on the back of the computer there are 4 little knubs that I assume are the contact points for transferring the information to the computer. I also noticed that the two on the top have small rubber rings around them, but one of mine is missing that rubber ring, could that be my problem, and if so does anyone know what i should do to fix it?
"Dawid" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:
Another subject, but the same Flightdeck: my flightdeck has trouble understanding a triple. When shifting down the flightdeck skips the middle blade, shifting up it only understands the "2" when the rear is in one of the smaller ones. My mec. doesn't understand it, Shimano knows the problem but hasn't got the solution... Anybody smarter than the pro's?
"mngopher2k8" <[email hidden]> schreef in bericht news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
I have recently purchased a Shimano Flightdeck SM-6501 Wireless computer for my Specialized road bike. After I first installed it, it worked fine on my first ride. Then I realized I had input the wrong wheel circumfrence, so i reset the information and corrected it.
On my next ride the computer started to act up. The computer would display information at random. It would be showing my gearing and speed for several minutes, and then stop at random. Now the computer doesnt seem to display information at all. It only work when I use the buttons on the computer itself. The buttons in my levers are useless, and it will not displan any information. I was wondering if anyone knows of any remedies or has advice on how to fix this problem.
P.S. I have noticed that on the back of the computer there are 4 little knubs that I assume are the contact points for transferring the information to the computer. I also noticed that the two on the top have small rubber rings around them, but one of mine is missing that rubber ring, could that be my problem, and if so does anyone know what i should do to fix it?
-- mngopher2k8
But also verify that the sensor is correctly positioned to the magnet. If no rotation of the wheel is detected the Flightdeck will go into power save and will only start if you press the buttons..
But of course you also need to verify that the setup is correctly done. If you did not complete the setup you will still be in the setup mode (!) and then the Flightdeck will not work as a 'speedometer'
Mike -I got Flightdeck on two of my bikes and they just works great!