General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Help with raising vegan children

Started by Robin Atkinson · · Last activity · 59 posts · 1,830 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
7 November 2003
Last activity
8 November 2003
Original author
Robin Atkinson
Posts
59
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,830
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 59
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I became a vegan in '92 in my late 20's. Now I have a 6 year old son who was raised as a vegan and
    has never had any meat or animal milk (besides human) to speak of. He has been sickly on and off for
    a few years, also he is very small for his age and hazardously underweight.

    The doc said the vegan diet was unhealthy and I need to give him some real meat/fish/milk/eggs or he
    will never develop properly. I obviously will not go back to that lunatic so I got a second opinion.

    The second doc told me humans are omnivores (he is a pervert AA needless to say) and if my son does
    not eat animal products now his digestive system will never be able to handle them and he will not
    develop correctly.

    My friend suggested seing a Buddhist medicine man he knows that immigrated from Cambodia. He is
    supposed to be able to do psychic surgery and banish evil sprits. I have hired a feng shui expert to
    redo my house. It has not taken effect yet, could all those years of having a door that was too
    small cause irreversable damage?

    I have bought books and tried all the advice on raising vegan kids. What's the problem? I refuse
    to be a murderous war criminal and feed my kid dead and rotten corpses. Any advice on raising
    vegan kids?

    --
    Robin Atkinson [email hidden]

  2. Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 06:13:10 +0200 (CEST) Author: "Robin Atkinson" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    I became a vegan in '92 in my late 20's. Now I have a 6 year old son who was raised as a vegan and
    has never had any meat or animal milk (besides human) to speak of. He has been sickly on and off
    for a few years, also he is very small for his age and hazardously underweight.

    The doc said the vegan diet was unhealthy and I need to give him some real meat/fish/milk/eggs
    or he will never develop properly. I obviously will not go back to that lunatic so I got a
    second opinion.


    <snip>

    You need to be reported to Social Services, and tried for attempted murder of your child.

    It's unfortunate we live in such a Care Bear society today; people like you would have died off from
    malnutrition long ago without our modern grocery stores, while the rest of us would move on.

    Survival of the fittest.

    You're a monster, and I hope your child escapes you before you kill him.

    -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- newsfeeds.comnewsfeeds.com - The #1
    Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

  3. While you're at it, you should really go troll some other board. Bad enough you're crossposting to a
    dozen newsgroups.. what makes it worse is the fact you're using multiple aliases to try and hide
    just how many troll posts are yours.

    Sad, sad, sad..

    It's unfortunate that stupidity is not a crime.

    -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- newsfeeds.comnewsfeeds.com - The #1
    Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

  4. Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 06:13:10 +0200 (CEST) Author: "Robin Atkinson" <[email hidden]>

    From the headers of her post:

    Mail-To-News-Contact: [email hidden]

    -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- newsfeeds.comnewsfeeds.com - The #1
    Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

  5. I assume you haven't vaccinated your kids... Cause they use dead animals to make em !

    "Robin Atkinson" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I became a vegan in '92 in my late 20's. Now I have a 6 year old son who was raised as a vegan and
    has never had any meat or animal milk (besides human) to speak of. He has been sickly on and off
    for a few years, also he is very small for his age and hazardously underweight.

    The doc said the vegan diet was unhealthy and I need to give him some real meat/fish/milk/eggs or
    he will never develop properly. I obviously will not go back to that lunatic so I got a second
    opinion.

    The second doc told me humans are omnivores (he is a pervert AA needless to say) and if my son
    does not eat animal products now his digestive system will never be able to handle them and he
    will not develop correctly.

    My friend suggested seing a Buddhist medicine man he knows that immigrated from Cambodia. He is
    supposed to be able to do psychic surgery and banish evil sprits. I have hired a feng shui expert
    to redo my house. It has not taken effect yet, could all those years of having a door that was too
    small cause irreversable damage?

    I have bought books and tried all the advice on raising vegan kids. What's the problem? I refuse
    to be a murderous war criminal and feed my kid dead and rotten corpses. Any advice on raising
    vegan kids?

    --
    Robin Atkinson [email hidden]

  6. I don't see a problem in any of the story that you told (if true), except that you may not know what
    you are. if you told the doctor like you told us , that you are a vegan, then you would have found
    that your story ended there and there should be no more discussion about it. now, if you are not a
    vegan and are really a vegetarian then you got troubles and i agree with the other posters. to not
    allow your Childs body to develop properly then perhaps you should turn yourself in to the
    authorities. now back to being a vegan. if , again, you say you are a vegan, then you allow milk and
    eggs, (both good for calcium and protein). end of problem, carry on. "Robin Atkinson"
    <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I became a vegan in '92 in my late 20's. Now I have a 6 year old son who was raised as a vegan and
    has never had any meat or animal milk (besides human) to speak of. He has been sickly on and off
    for a few years, also he is very small for his age and hazardously underweight.

    The doc said the vegan diet was unhealthy and I need to give him some real meat/fish/milk/eggs or
    he will never develop properly. I obviously will not go back to that lunatic so I got a second
    opinion.

    The second doc told me humans are omnivores (he is a pervert AA needless to say) and if my son
    does not eat animal products now his digestive system will never be able to handle them and he
    will not develop correctly.

    My friend suggested seing a Buddhist medicine man he knows that immigrated from Cambodia. He is
    supposed to be able to do psychic surgery and banish evil sprits. I have hired a feng shui expert
    to redo my house. It has not taken effect yet, could all those years of having a door that was too
    small cause irreversable damage?

    I have bought books and tried all the advice on raising vegan kids. What's the problem? I refuse
    to be a murderous war criminal and feed my kid dead and rotten corpses. Any advice on raising
    vegan kids?

    --
    Robin Atkinson [email hidden]

  7. | Robin Atkinson wrote...
    |
    | I became a vegan in '92 in my late 20's. Now I have a 6 year old son who was raised as a vegan and
    | has never had any meat or animal milk (besides human) to speak of. He has been sickly on and off
    | for a few years, also he is very small for his age and hazardously underweight.
    |
    | The doc said the vegan diet was unhealthy and I need to give him some real meat/fish/milk/eggs or
    | he will never develop properly. I obviously will not go back to that lunatic so I got a second
    | opinion.
    |
    | The second doc told me humans are omnivores (he is a pervert AA needless to say) and if my son
    | does not eat animal products now his digestive system will never be able to handle them and he
    | will not develop correctly.
    |
    | My friend suggested seing a Buddhist medicine man he knows that immigrated from Cambodia. He is
    | supposed to be able to do psychic surgery and banish evil sprits. I have hired a feng shui expert
    | to redo my house. It has not taken effect yet, could all those years of having a door that was too
    | small cause irreversable damage?
    |
    | I have bought books and tried all the advice on raising vegan kids. What's the problem? I refuse
    | to be a murderous war criminal and feed my kid dead and rotten corpses. Any advice on raising
    | vegan kids?
    |
    | --
    | Robin Atkinson [email hidden]
    |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Yes, save your money for a good lawyer. You're gonna need one.

  8. "Robin Atkinson" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    I became a vegan in '92 in my late 20's. Now I have a 6 year old son who was raised as a vegan and
    has never had any meat or animal milk (besides human) to speak of. He has been sickly on and off
    for a few years, also he is very small for his age and hazardously underweight.

    The doc said the vegan diet was unhealthy and I need to give him some real meat/fish/milk/eggs or
    he will never develop properly. I obviously will not go back to that lunatic so I got a second
    opinion.

    Did he say that the vegan diet was unhealthy (incorrect) or that YOUR vegan diet was unhealthy? You
    didn't provide a week of typical menus for us to determine if you have been providing your son
    adequate nutrition. Your son CAN develop properly without meat/milk/eggs, but it takes a lot of
    planning and work to provide him with good nutrition, without those items.

    Quoted message said:

    The second doc told me humans are omnivores (he is a pervert AA needless to say) and if my son
    does not eat animal products now his digestive system will never be able to handle them and he
    will not develop correctly.

    This is clearly silly. A person can begin eating meat at any point. It may take some getting used
    to, but people are pretty adaptable.

    Advice? Well...if you are for real, which I highly doubt, go buy a few more vegan cookbooks, and
    make sure your child gets enough fat and protein.

    I disagree with the other posters, a vegan diet isn't inherently dangerous. Quite the contrary, IF
    DONE RIGHT, it's quite healthy. But, it's difficult to do properly. I'm an ovo-lacto vegetarian, in
    part because it's just too much darn effort to make sure that fat and protein levels are adequate
    with a vegan diet. Oh, and I just can't quite bring myself to give up cheese, which is one of life's
    great delicacies! My 18-month old is an ovo-lacto vegetarian, and is quite healthy.

    I can't tell if your doctors are idiots, or if they are just responding to the idea that YOUR vegan
    diet might be poor. You haven't provided enough information about your son's health, OR your diet
    for us to give much reasonable advice. Oh, and I guess I have little faith in the healer or the Feng
    Shui stuff.

    Cathy Weeks

  9. Robin Atkinson said:


    I became a vegan in '92 in my late 20's. Now I have a 6 year old son who was raised as a vegan and
    has never had any meat or animal milk (besides human) to speak of. He has been sickly on and off
    for a few years, also he is very small for his age and hazardously underweight.

    The doc said the vegan diet was unhealthy and I need to give him some real meat/fish/milk/eggs or
    he will never develop properly. I obviously will not go back to that lunatic so I got a second
    opinion.

    The second doc told me humans are omnivores (he is a pervert AA needless to say) and if my son
    does not eat animal products now his digestive system will never be able to handle them and he
    will not develop correctly.

    My friend suggested seing a Buddhist medicine man he knows that immigrated from Cambodia. He is
    supposed to be able to do psychic surgery and banish evil sprits. I have hired a feng shui expert
    to redo my house. It has not taken effect yet, could all those years of having a door that was too
    small cause irreversable damage?

    I have bought books and tried all the advice on raising vegan kids. What's the problem? I refuse
    to be a murderous war criminal and feed my kid dead and rotten corpses. Any advice on raising
    vegan kids?

    --
    Robin Atkinson [email hidden]

    Firstly, ignore every bimbo that has given a negative answer to your situation. They are ignorant
    and self-serving slow bellies.

    Veganism is very good. While fruitarianism is better.

    I assume that you are giving your children spouted wheat? IF not, go to health food shop and get
    organic (red) wheat. Sprout it and give to your children as a sweet. It is sickly sweet, but very
    nutritious. When the seven roots and the sprout as 1/4 inch. Wheat grass juice is also something for
    you to give them and yourself.

    Do not cook your foods, this destroys essential enzymes.

    THE GIFT OF LIFE IN THE HUMBLE GRASS essene.compeace4.html

    And honey is essential. B12 is potentially the deficiency? This may have to be given as a
    supplement.

    Spirulina has everything. spirulina.comSPBNutrition.html

    I do not suggest giving meat nor dairy, they will block the organs.

    geocities.coma diet.htm essene.comGospelOfPeace

    Peace be with you through our Lord Jesus Christ And to Almighty God the Glory for ever and ever

  10. Robin Atkinson said:

    I became a vegan in '92 in my late 20's. Now I have a 6 year old son who was raised as a vegan and
    has never had any meat or animal milk (besides human) to speak of.

    I applaud your efforts. <applause>

    Quoted message said:

    He has been sickly on and off for a few years, also he is very small for his age and hazardously
    underweight.

    Is his diet varied enough?

    Quoted message said:

    The doc said the vegan diet was unhealthy and I need to give him some real meat/fish/milk/eggs
    or he will never develop properly. I obviously will not go back to that lunatic so I got a
    second opinion.

    He's not a lunatic. He's just hideously misinformed. I'd find a different doctor - perhaps one who
    is a vegan himself.

    Quoted message said:

    The second doc told me humans are omnivores (he is a pervert AA needless to say) and if my son does
    not eat animal products now his digestive system will never be able to handle them and he will not
    develop correctly.

    Um, this is starting to sound like a troll. But, what need has your son to develop the means to
    digest animal products if he's a vegan? In other words, if he remains a vegan, why should it matter
    if his digestive system can't process animal proteins?

    Quoted message said:

    My friend suggested seing a Buddhist medicine man he knows that immigrated from Cambodia. He is
    supposed to be able to do psychic surgery and banish evil sprits.

    Psychic surgery, to me, is a load of [censored]. Find a different friend I think... Also check into
    Vegetarian Times (the magazine). They can help you find proper medical advice regarding your son.

    Quoted message said:

    I have bought books and tried all the advice on raising vegan kids. What's the problem? I refuse
    to be a murderous war criminal and feed my kid dead and rotten corpses. Any advice on raising
    vegan kids?

    One bit of advice - don't be so bloody gung ho about it. People will wind up eating whatever they
    want to eat no matter how you raise your kid. And what's best for your and your kid is determined by
    you, not some silly doctor (and certainly not anyone on usenet - including me)

    D.

    --
    cotse.netcotse.net - Use it, you know you want to. If you're too scared to go look for yourself,
    ask me about COTSE. I'd be happy to tell you about it.

  11. Robin Atkinson said:

    The doc said the vegan diet was unhealthy and I need to give him some real meat/fish/milk/eggs or
    he will never develop properly. I obviously will not go back to that lunatic so I got a second
    opinion.

    I'm a vegetarian (including a little dairy but no eggs) and I have 2 life long vegetarian grown up
    strong and big boys. After much reading and information to take care (for them and me) I came to the
    conclusion that ths *only* thing which *could* be low in supply for a vegan is vitamin B12. The best
    reading about this I found so far is veganoutreach.orgB122002.pdf

    Short conclusion: It's better to use b12 fortified food items. We do produce some b12 ourself and
    could get a little from other vegan sources. Resulting in levels considered lower than normal but
    possibly not dangerous. But that could be disturbed by some mechanisms not working. So just use
    b12-fortified food items.

    I'd warn from heavy b12 supplementations over a longer time period. It seems to make somewhat
    dependant (my own experience). If you've discovered a strong defficiency of course you must have
    injections.

    Next important topics IMO: Restrict high caloric/low protein food items (sugar, fat). *Any*
    unrefined plant would be ok (cooked or not). Just eat *enough* if them. Have frequent meals without
    cereal grains (phytin might restrict mineral absorbance). Minerals are important (snack on greenish
    pumpkin seeds/almonds).

    Quoted message said:

    I refuse to be a murderous war criminal and feed my kid dead and rotten corpses. Any advice on
    raising vegan kids?

    No reason to eat carcass in our times. Best whishes to your boy.

    regards

    Amadeus Schmidt

  12. Cynewulf <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 06:13:10 +0200 (CEST) Author: "Robin Atkinson"
    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    I became a vegan in '92 in my late 20's. Now I have a 6 year old son who was raised as a vegan
    and has never had any meat or animal milk (besides human) to speak of. He has been sickly on and
    off for a few years, also he is very small for his age and hazardously underweight.

    The doc said the vegan diet was unhealthy and I need to give him some real meat/fish/milk/eggs or
    he will never develop properly. I obviously will not go back to that lunatic so I got a second
    opinion.


    <snip>

    You need to be reported to Social Services, and tried for attempted murder of your child.

    It's unfortunate we live in such a Care Bear society today; people like you would have died off
    from malnutrition long ago without our modern grocery stores, while the rest of us would move on.

    Survival of the fittest.

    You're a monster, and I hope your child escapes you before you kill him.

    -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- newsfeeds.comnewsfeeds.com - The #1
    Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

    If this is for real, I agree- this person needs to have her childen taken away from her.
    Hopefully its just a troll pointing out how idiotic some people are who force a dangerous diet on
    innocent children.

  13. Nic' (remove No spam to reply) said:

    I assume you haven't vaccinated your kids... Cause they use dead animals to make em !

    They use dead animals to make chicken soup, lobster bisque and pot roast. What's your point?

    Of course I had my children vaccinated. Do you think I am mad enough to want to expose them to
    deadly or crippling diseases when prevention is so easy and safe?

    --
    Peter Bowditch [email hidden] The Millenium Project ratbags.comrsoles The Green
    Light ratbags.comgreenlight

  14. [email hidden] (Cathy Weeks) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Did he say that the vegan diet was unhealthy (incorrect) or that YOUR vegan diet was unhealthy?
    You didn't provide a week of typical menus for us to determine if you have been providing your son
    adequate nutrition. Your son CAN develop properly without meat/milk/eggs, but it takes a lot of
    planning and work to provide him with good nutrition, without those items.

    I know a family of (strict) vegans, whose children are among the healthiest I've encountered. Their
    mother, however, does make them complete healthy meals from scratch, every day. For example, instead
    of baby food, when we see them for lunch, her baby has soybeans, carrots and spinach put through a
    food grinder and nurses. Her older son will have whole wheat bread with almond butter, a large
    salad, and rice milk or soy milk. They're definitely the healthiest kids at our lunch group. But I
    know she goes to a *lot* of trouble to make all the foods they need.

    Quoted message said:

    Advice? Well...if you are for real, which I highly doubt, go buy a few more vegan cookbooks, and
    make sure your child gets enough fat and protein.

    I doubt the reality of this poster, too, and I wonder where some of the responders get the idea that
    veganism is inherently dangerous, but....

    There's a great site for vegan recipes at www.vegweb.com Everything is rated, too, so you get a
    general idea of the feasability of your choice before you try it.

    My friend sent us there when my daughter was diagnosed with milk (all dairy) and egg allergies.
    It's been helpful to us, easy to use and has a lot of 'substitute' type items for people just
    beginning this type of diet, or in our case, forced to use it, and I think these things are good
    especially for kids.

    My daughter is also, due to her allergies, diagnosed failure to thrive, and is very small
    (obviously) and we have a hard time getting her enough fats and protein. She has a supplemental
    beverage that has no animal products (to the best of my knowledge. I'll check again tonight and if
    it *does*, I'll follow up). It's not the most delicious thing, and it's very expensive, but it has
    30 cal/oz.. It's called Neocate, and while it's not a prescription, I think you do need to have a
    doc call the pharmacist to get it ordered.

    Quoted message said:

    I disagree with the other posters, a vegan diet isn't inherently dangerous. Quite the contrary, IF
    DONE RIGHT, it's quite healthy. But, it's difficult to do properly. I'm an ovo-lacto vegetarian,
    in part because it's just too much darn effort to make sure that fat and protein levels are
    adequate with a vegan diet. Oh, and I just can't quite bring myself to give up cheese, which is
    one of life's great delicacies! My 18-month old is an ovo-lacto vegetarian, and is quite healthy.

    I can't wait to see if my daughter outgrows this milk allergy (or weans)so we can have cheese again!

    Good luck!

    Tina.

    P.S. -- If you find a reasonable Dr., which shouldn't be hard if you're anywhere near a major
    metropolitan area in most of the computer accessed world, you can get a letter, on hospital
    letterhead just in case your son actually does look sick, but isn't. It can help in some
    situations, I've heard (My daughter also has a bleeding disorder -- some of the families we've
    met have been confronted by family or neighbors or whatever, and this has helped them).

  15. What I found fascinating are the newsgroups where this was posted. alt. religion.christian,
    alt.bible, alt.religion.wicca

    Must be a troll

    "Snidely F Whiplash" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    | Robin Atkinson wrote...
    |
    | I became a vegan in '92 in my late 20's. Now I have a 6 year old son who was raised as a vegan
    | and has never had any meat or animal milk (besides human) to speak of. He has been sickly on and
    | off for a few years, also he is very small for his age and hazardously underweight.
    |
    | The doc said the vegan diet was unhealthy and I need to give him some real meat/fish/milk/eggs
    | or he will never develop properly. I obviously will not go back to that lunatic so I got a
    | second opinion.
    |
    | The second doc told me humans are omnivores (he is a pervert AA needless to say) and if my son
    | does not eat animal products now his digestive system will never be able to handle them and he
    | will not develop correctly.
    |
    | My friend suggested seing a Buddhist medicine man he knows that immigrated from Cambodia. He is
    | supposed to be able to do psychic surgery and banish evil sprits. I have hired a feng shui
    | expert to redo my house. It has not taken effect yet, could all those years of having a door
    | that was too small cause irreversable damage?
    |
    | I have bought books and tried all the advice on raising vegan kids. What's the problem? I refuse
    | to be a murderous war criminal and feed my kid dead and rotten corpses. Any advice on raising
    | vegan kids?
    |
    | --
    | Robin Atkinson [email hidden]
    |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Yes, save your money for a good lawyer. You're gonna need one.

  16. Robin Atkinson said:


    I became a vegan in '92 in my late 20's. Now I have a 6 year old son who was raised as a vegan and
    has never had any meat or animal milk (besides human) to speak of. He has been sickly on and off
    for a few years, also he is very small for his age and hazardously underweight.

    The doc said the vegan diet was unhealthy and I need to give him some real meat/fish/milk/eggs or
    he will never develop properly. I obviously will not go back to that lunatic so I got a second
    opinion.

    The second doc told me humans are omnivores (he is a pervert AA needless to say) and if my son
    does not eat animal products now his digestive system will never be able to handle them and he
    will not develop correctly.

    My friend suggested seing a Buddhist medicine man he knows that immigrated from Cambodia. He is
    supposed to be able to do psychic surgery and banish evil sprits. I have hired a feng shui expert
    to redo my house. It has not taken effect yet, could all those years of having a door that was too
    small cause irreversable damage?

    I have bought books and tried all the advice on raising vegan kids. What's the problem? I refuse
    to be a murderous war criminal and feed my kid dead and rotten corpses. Any advice on raising
    vegan kids?

    --
    Robin Atkinson [email hidden]

    Firstly, ignore every bimbo that has given a negative answer to your situation. They are ignorant
    and self-serving slow bellies.

    Veganism is very good. While fruitarianism is better.

    I assume that you are giving your children spouted wheat? IF not, go to health food shop and get
    organic (red) wheat. Sprout it and give to your children as a sweet. It is sickly sweet, but very
    nutritious. When the seven roots and the sprout as 1/4 inch. Wheat grass juice is also something for
    you to give them and yourself.

    Do not cook your foods, this destroys essential enzymes.

    THE GIFT OF LIFE IN THE HUMBLE GRASS essene.compeace4.html

    And honey is essential. B12 is potentially the deficiency? This may have to be given as a
    supplement.

    Spirulina has everything. spirulina.comSPBNutrition.html

    I do not suggest giving meat nor dairy, they will block the organs.

    geocities.coma diet.htm essene.comGospelOfPeace

    Peace be with you through our Lord Jesus Christ And to Almighty God the Glory for ever and ever

  17. --

    "David' Chariot" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Robin Atkinson said:


    I became a vegan in '92 in my late 20's. Now I have a 6 year old son who was raised as a vegan
    and has never had any meat or animal milk (besides human) to speak of. He has been sickly on and
    off for a few years, also he is very small for his age and hazardously underweight.

    The doc said the vegan diet was unhealthy and I need to give him some real meat/fish/milk/eggs
    or he will never develop properly. I obviously will not go back to that lunatic so I got a
    second opinion.

    The second doc told me humans are omnivores (he is a pervert AA needless to say) and if my son
    does not eat animal products now his digestive system will never be able to handle them and he
    will not develop correctly.

    My friend suggested seing a Buddhist medicine man he knows that immigrated from Cambodia. He is
    supposed to be able to do psychic surgery and banish evil sprits. I have hired a feng shui
    expert to redo my house. It has not taken effect yet, could all those years of having a door
    that was too small cause irreversable damage?

    I have bought books and tried all the advice on raising vegan kids. What's the problem? I refuse
    to be a murderous war criminal and feed my kid dead and rotten corpses. Any advice on raising
    vegan kids?

    --
    Robin Atkinson [email hidden]

    Firstly, ignore every bimbo that has given a negative answer to your situation. They are ignorant
    and self-serving slow bellies.

    Veganism is very good. While fruitarianism is better.

    I assume that you are giving your children spouted wheat? IF not, go to health food shop and get
    organic (red) wheat. Sprout it and give to your children as a sweet. It is sickly sweet, but very
    nutritious. When the seven roots and the sprout as 1/4 inch. Wheat grass juice is also something
    for you to give them and yourself.

    Do not cook your foods, this destroys essential enzymes.

    THE GIFT OF LIFE IN THE HUMBLE GRASS essene.compeace4.html

    And honey is essential. B12 is potentially the deficiency? This may have to be given as a
    supplement.

    Spirulina has everything. spirulina.comSPBNutrition.html

    I do not suggest giving meat nor dairy, they will block the organs.

    geocities.coma diet.htm essene.comGospelOfPeace

    Peace be with you through our Lord Jesus Christ And to Almighty God the Glory for ever and ever

    --------------------

    Most of all, ignore ignorant [censored] like the above.

    -- There is no such thing as an "essential enzyme" in the diet. -- Honey is not essential to
    anyone's diet. -- Spirulina does not "have everything." A balanced diet consists of a variety of
    nutritious foods, and no one food will meet all nutritional needs. -- Meats and dairy may be omitted
    from a diet for religious or ethical reasons, but the nutrients they supply must be replaced from
    vegetable sources. Meats and dairy foods do NOT "block the organs."

    Peace be with you through whatever belief system you prefer.

    --Rich

  18. Reverend_Ron said:


    I don't see a problem in any of the story that you told (if true), except that you may not know
    what you are. if you told the doctor like you told us , that you are a vegan, then you would have
    found that your story ended there and there should be no more discussion about it. now, if you are
    not a vegan and are really a vegetarian then you got troubles and i agree with the other posters.
    to not allow your Childs body to develop properly then perhaps you should turn yourself in to the
    authorities. now back to being a vegan. if , again, you say you are a vegan, then you allow milk
    and eggs, (both good for calcium and protein). end of problem, carry on.

    Too much fat, Mr. Ron. Milk and eggs are not vegan foods.

    Quoted message said:

    "Robin Atkinson" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I became a vegan in '92 in my late 20's. Now I have a 6 year old son who was raised as a vegan
    and has never had any meat or animal milk (besides human) to speak of. He has been sickly on and
    off for a few years, also he is very small for his age and hazardously underweight.

    The doc said the vegan diet was unhealthy and I need to give him some real meat/fish/milk/eggs
    or he will never develop properly. I obviously will not go back to that lunatic so I got a
    second opinion.

    The second doc told me humans are omnivores (he is a pervert AA needless to say) and if my son
    does not eat animal products now his digestive system will never be able to handle them and he
    will not develop correctly.

    My friend suggested seing a Buddhist medicine man he knows that immigrated from Cambodia. He is
    supposed to be able to do psychic surgery and banish evil sprits. I have hired a feng shui
    expert to redo my house. It has not taken effect yet, could all those years of having a door
    that was too small cause irreversable damage?

    I have bought books and tried all the advice on raising vegan kids. What's the problem? I refuse
    to be a murderous war criminal and feed my kid dead and rotten corpses. Any advice on raising
    vegan kids?

    --
    Robin Atkinson [email hidden]

  19. OK...so don't eat dead carcasses...only eat potions of the animal and keep it alive. Now what is
    your afgument?

    "Amadeus Schmidt" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Robin Atkinson said:

    The doc said the vegan diet was unhealthy and I need to give him some real meat/fish/milk/eggs
    or he will never develop properly. I obviously will not go back to that lunatic so I got a
    second opinion.

    I'm a vegetarian (including a little dairy but no eggs) and I have 2 life long vegetarian grown up
    strong and big boys. After much reading and information to take care (for them and me) I came to
    the conclusion that ths *only* thing which *could* be low in supply for a vegan is vitamin B12.
    The best reading about this I found so far is veganoutreach.orgB122002.pdf

    Short conclusion: It's better to use b12 fortified food items. We do produce some b12 ourself and
    could get a little from other vegan sources. Resulting in levels considered lower than normal but
    possibly not dangerous. But that could be disturbed by some mechanisms not working. So just use
    b12-fortified food items.

    I'd warn from heavy b12 supplementations over a longer time period. It seems to make somewhat
    dependant (my own experience). If you've discovered a strong defficiency of course you must have
    injections.

    Next important topics IMO: Restrict high caloric/low protein food items (sugar, fat). *Any*
    unrefined plant would be ok (cooked or not). Just eat *enough* if them. Have frequent meals
    without cereal grains (phytin might restrict mineral absorbance). Minerals are important (snack on
    greenish pumpkin seeds/almonds).

    Quoted message said:

    I refuse to be a murderous war criminal and feed my kid dead and rotten corpses. Any advice on
    raising vegan kids?

    No reason to eat carcass in our times. Best whishes to your boy.

    regards

    Amadeus Schmidt

  20. Peter Bowditch <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Nic' (remove No spam to reply) said:

    I assume you haven't vaccinated your kids... Cause they use dead animals


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    make em !

    They use dead animals to make chicken soup, lobster bisque and pot roast. What's your point?

    Of course I had my children vaccinated. Do you think I am mad enough to want to expose them to
    deadly or crippling diseases when prevention is so easy and safe?

    Peter, I don't think Nic responded to you.

    --

    Robert Bronsing

    Can't you see? It all makes perfect sense, expressed in dollars and cents, pounds,
    shillings and pence

    (R. Waters)

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.