Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

hide the beer, I'm back

Started by Clydesdalemtb · · Last activity · 28 posts · 2,834 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
29 January 2003
Last activity
30 January 2003
Original author
Clydesdalemtb
Posts
28
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,834
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–28 of 28
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Mark Hickey <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    bomba said:
    MrBusdriver said:

    I heard that Yanky beer is like rooting in a cannoe, both are fcuken close too water.

    Whereas a glass of Aussie beer is like a cat. Because both contain cat [censored]...

    If THAT'S the case, I'm going to stop putting kitty litter in my cat's box and just drain it into
    my beer mug. Aussie beer is second only to English beer IMHO. Unfortunately, most American beer
    just doesn't measure up (except to VB, Victoria Bitters, which is apparently the most popular beer
    in Oz and a poor replacement for Budweiser - go figure).

    Mark Hickey Habanero Cycles habcycles.comhabcycles.com Home of the $695 ti frame

    Not all Yanks drink Budweiser...

    oregonbeer.orgoregonbeer.org

  2. ClydesdaleMTB <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    got a warning that my Hard Drive was full, at SWMBO's suggestion I went out and got an internal CD
    burner to back up a bunch of stuff, before clenaing it out. Somehow, I fried the motherboard and
    hard-drive. went to return the CD Burner to B&stBuy and found an "Open Item" (display model)
    1.3GigHz PC w/ 40Gig hard drive and CDR/W-DVD for $249. When one door closes another one opens.

    Now I just need a real JOB!

    Spent last week filling in for one of my mechanics at the shop. That was really cool..... I did a
    few timing belts, an oil pump, a head gasket, and all sorts of groovy volvo repairs. They were so
    impressed they even gave me my own key, so I can use the shop any time I want now.

    Riding? Jut riding the trainer It hasn't gotten above 20°F for over two weeks now. Some days it
    never got above 0°!!!!! BUT, on a positive note, Harpoon has released their Winter Ale.... MOST
    YUMMY indeed!

    You were gone?

    JD

  3. "JD" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
    | ClydesdaleMTB <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...
    | > got a warning that my Hard Drive was full, at SWMBO's suggestion I went out and got an internal
    | > CD burner to back up a bunch of stuff, before clenaing it out. Somehow, I fried the motherboard
    | > and hard-drive. went to return the CD Burner to B&stBuy and found an "Open Item" (display model)
    | > 1.3GigHz PC w/ 40Gig hard drive and CDR/W-DVD for $249. When one door closes another one opens.
    | >
    | > Now I just need a real JOB!
    | >
    | > Spent last week filling in for one of my mechanics at the shop. That was really cool..... I did
    | > a few timing belts, an oil pump, a head gasket, and all sorts of groovy volvo repairs. They were
    | > so impressed they even gave me my own key, so I can use the shop any time I want now.
    | >
    | > Riding? Jut riding the trainer It hasn't gotten above 20°F for over two weeks now. Some days it
    | > never got above 0°!!!!! BUT, on a positive note, Harpoon has released their Winter Ale.... MOST
    | > YUMMY indeed!
    |
    | You were gone?
    |
    | JD

    I don't think anyone knows or cares when somebody goes missing. I even unsubscribed to this group
    for about 3 months last year and nobody said a word when I reappeared or sent me an email - nothing.
    Doesn't bother me, just indicates how little a single poster can be missed.

    ---
    __o _`\(,_ Cycling is life, (_)/ (_) all the rest, just details. Nelson Binch =^o.o^=
    intergalax.comintergalax.com

    Checked by AVG anti-virus system (grisoft.comgrisoft.com). Version: 6.0.449 / Virus Database: 251 -
    Release Date: 1/27/2003

  4. JD said:

    You were gone?

    "Help! I've tripped and I can't get down!"

  5. Ground Control© said:

    I don't think anyone knows or cares when somebody goes missing. I even unsubscribed to this group
    for about 3 months last year and nobody said a word when I reappeared or sent me an email -
    nothing.

    I just figured you were too busy sucking greenbacks out of the pockets of vacationing Barney's.

  6. Quoted message said:

    I don't think anyone knows or cares when somebody goes missing. I even unsubscribed to this group
    for about 3 months last year and nobody said a word when I reappeared or sent me an email -
    nothing. Doesn't bother me, just indicates how little a single poster can be missed.

    ---
    __o _`\(,_ Cycling is life, (_)/ (_) all the rest, just details. Nelson Binch =^o.o^=
    intergalax.comintergalax.com

    Hey, I notice when a fellow SSer is missing...we look out for each other.

    G

  7. (djarvinen) said:

    Not all Yanks drink Budweiser...

    I used to laugh when I'd pop into an Aussie bar for a pint of Toohey's Old (aaaahhhhhh) and see a
    few Oz yuppies trying to be cool by drinking Bud. Yep, no doubt about it, slap "imported" on a brown
    bottle, double the price and some git will buy it. ;-)

    Mark Hickey Habanero Cycles habcycles.comhabcycles.com Home of the $695 ti frame

  8. <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Help me remember that Aussie beer I I had last year. It was a Stout. It had a
    mustard yellow label and it was good all 4 bucks a bottle good. It was winter, I
    was riding and in need of a beer. So I pulled into a package store found & paid
    for and went out and to the nearest lookout to drink it .

    Fire up MTB 03

    I reckon 'twas a Sheaf Stout.

    Rob

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.