General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

High Free T -- implies low SHBG?

Started by Duane Storey · · Last activity · 6 posts · 378 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
2 April 2004
Last activity
3 April 2004
Original author
Duane Storey
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
378
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi everyone,

    My Free T is really high, more than a standard deviation
    outside of the reference ranges.. My doctor says this is
    good, but I'm not so sure -- prostate cancer runs in my
    family.. Does high free T imply low SHBG usually? If so,
    doesn't that sometimes indicate a glucose problem (low SHBG
    correlates with high fasting insulin)?

    Thanks

  2. "Duane Storey" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi everyone,

    My Free T is really high, more than a standard deviation
    outside of the reference ranges.. My doctor says this is
    good, but I'm not so sure -- prostate cancer runs in my
    family.. Does high free T imply low SHBG usually? If so,
    doesn't that sometimes indicate a glucose problem (low
    SHBG correlates with high fasting insulin)?

    What is Free T? What is SHBG?

    Thanks!

    --
    Type 2 users.bestweb.net~jbove

  3. Aside from the fact that most of us don't have a CLUE as to
    what you are talking about, or what it has to do with
    diabetes, one standard deviation is just FINE

    Duane Storey said:

    Hi everyone,

    My Free T is really high, more than a standard deviation
    outside of the reference ranges.. My doctor says this is
    good, but I'm not so sure -- prostate cancer runs in my
    family.. Does high free T imply low SHBG usually? If so,
    doesn't that sometimes indicate a glucose problem (low
    SHBG correlates with high fasting insulin)?

    Thanks

  4. Julie Bove said:

    What is Free T? What is SHBG?

    Thanks!

    Glad you asked - I didn't want to display my ignorance :-)

    Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
    --
    Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.

  5. On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 10:01:16 +1000, Alan <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Julie Bove said:

    What is Free T? What is SHBG?

    Thanks!

    Glad you asked - I didn't want to display my ignorance :-)


    I googled SHBG and found -

    synthesized by the liver. Circulating androgen and estrogen
    concentrations influence SHBG synthesis

  6. On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 07:16:15 -0600, Hi_Therre <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    I googled SHBG and found -

    Quoted message said:

    synthesized by the liver. Circulating androgen and estrogen
    concentrations influence SHBG synthesis

    Thanks for that enlightenment, I understand it clearly now,
    or I probably will as soon as I look up glycoprotein,
    androgen. I think I know estrogen.

    No don't tell me. I have enough trouble trying to get into
    more understanding of things like beta cells and
    glucostats and.....

    Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
    --
    Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.