High Triglycerides

Twinkle

Guest
My husband got a Triglyceride result for 530 and bad
cholesterol as 30 . What are the solutions to solve this
problem ...would it be necessary for him to be on some
medicine/..Pls suggest some precise ways through diets and
exercise...

On 7 Jun 2004 07:39:09 -0700, [email protected] (Twinkle) wrote:

>My husband got a Triglyceride result for 530 and bad
>cholesterol as 30 . What are the solutions to solve this
>problem ...would it be necessary for him to be on some
>medicine/..Pls suggest some precise ways through diets and
>exercise...

Hi Twinkle.

I presume "bad cholesterol as 30" is a mis-print. What did
the doctor say?

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia. Remove weight and
carbs to email.

Hi Alan , Its HDL that I wanted to say ...(thanks for
correcting)which should be more than 35 but my husband has
30.And triglycerides are 530..

Twinkle.

news:<[email protected]>...

On 10 Jun 2004 13:46:37 -0700, [email protected] (Twinkle) wrote:

>Hi Alan , Its HDL that I wanted to say ...(thanks for
>correcting)which should be more than 35 but my husband has
>30.And triglycerides are 530..
>
>Twinkle.
>

>Alan <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>> On 7 Jun 2004 07:39:09 -0700, [email protected]
>> (Twinkle) wrote:
>>
>> >My husband got a Triglyceride result for 530 and bad
>> >cholesterol as 30 . What are the solutions to solve this
>> >problem ...would it be necessary for him to be on some
>> >medicine/..Pls suggest some precise ways through diets
>> >and exercise...
>>
>> Hi Twinkle.
>>
>> I presume "bad cholesterol as 30" is a mis-print. What
>> did the doctor say?
>>
>> Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia. Remove weight and carbs
>> to email.

Hi Twinkle

I asked "What did the doctor say?" because I presume he's
seen a doctor or he wouldn't know the test results.

I won't try to give a specific answer, because those trigs
numbers are far too high and he should be following the
doctor's advice. However, I would definitely review his
diet; try to minimise the saturated fats (simplistically
that's the animal fats from meats and dairy) and cut back on
the starches - bread, potatoes, rice etc. Until he sees a
dietician to get more detailed and qualified advice.

You didn't mention if he was diabetic; that low HDL coupled
with the high trigs is cause for concern too. Nor did you
mention if he is overweight.

Get him back to the doc and a qualified dietician.