History of leg shaving and bicycle racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rick

I have read several posts about how, when and why to shave your legs. But I have not read one
stating when and who startd this ritual. Anyone know?

Joe Bic should not be confused with Hans Blix.

"rick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]... I have read several posts about how, when
and why to shave your legs. But I have not read one stating when and who startd this ritual.
Anyone know?

rick <[email protected]> wrote:
> I have read several posts about how, when and why to shave your legs. But I have not read one
> stating when and who startd this ritual. Anyone know?

No. But the real question is why is everybody still so obsessed with bike racers' leg shaving? I
mean, look at MTV 2 (I get all of my current events information from MTV 2) and every damn male rock
star and rapper has a waxed chest, and that has been going on since Marky Mark. That's gotta be more
painful and labor intensive than leg shaving. I'm not complaining, I don't want to look at the Red
Hot Chili Peppers' chest hair either, but why does the rest of society, including bike racers, still
care whether or not a few lycra wearing deviants remove their puny leg hairs? (Other than the fact
that they are lycra wearing deviants.)

"Benjamin Weiner" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> rick <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I have read several posts about how, when and why to shave your legs. But I have not read one
> > stating when and who startd this ritual. Anyone know?
>
> No. But the real question is why is everybody still so obsessed with bike racers' leg shaving? I
> mean, look at MTV 2 (I get all of my current events information from MTV 2) and every damn male
> rock star and rapper has a waxed chest, and that has been going on since Marky Mark. That's gotta
> be more painful and labor intensive than leg shaving. I'm not complaining, I don't want to look at
> the Red Hot Chili Peppers' chest hair either, but why does the rest of society, including bike
> racers, still care whether or not a few lycra wearing deviants remove their puny leg hairs? (Other
> than the fact that they are lycra wearing deviants.)
>

Waxing your chest hair seems to be seen as vanity, shaving your legs seems to be seen as "weird."
Hence the fascination.

Mike

"Mike S." <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> "Benjamin Weiner" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > rick <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > I have read several posts about how, when and why to shave your legs. But I have not read one
> > > stating when and who startd this ritual. Anyone know?
> >
> > No. But the real question is why is everybody still so obsessed with bike racers' leg shaving? I
> > mean, look at MTV 2 (I get all of my current events information from MTV 2) and every damn male
> > rock star and rapper has a waxed chest, and that has been going on since Marky Mark. That's
> > gotta be more painful and labor intensive than leg shaving. I'm not complaining, I don't want to
> > look at the Red Hot Chili Peppers' chest hair either, but why does the rest of society,
> > including bike racers, still care whether or not a few lycra wearing deviants remove their puny
> > leg hairs? (Other than the fact that they are lycra wearing deviants.)
> >
>
> Waxing your chest hair seems to be seen as vanity, shaving your legs seems to be seen as "weird."
> Hence the fascination.
>
> Mike
>

What about swimmers? Waxxing up and putting on a speedo has got to be worse.

-T

yeah when Bic was the sponsor of Gimondi in the 70's they had just developed the disposable
razor..............:)

On Sun, 9 Mar 2003 21:30:54 -0600, "EP" <[email protected]> wrote:

>It was all started by Joe Bic.
>
>
>"rick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]... I have read several posts about how, when
>and why to shave your legs. But I have not read one stating when and who startd this ritual.
>Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.