History of leg shaving and bicycle racing

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Rick, Mar 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick

Rick Guest

I have read several posts about how, when and why to shave your legs. But I have not read one
    stating when and who startd this ritual. Anyone know?

Tags:

2. "rick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have read several posts about how, when and why to shave your legs. But I have not read one
    > stating when and who startd this ritual. Anyone know?

Your mom...?

3. Ep

Ep Guest

It was all started by Joe Bic.

"rick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]... I have read several posts about how, when
    and why to shave your legs. But I have not read one stating when and who startd this ritual.
    Anyone know?

4. Ep

Ep Guest

Joe Bic should not be confused with Hans Blix.

"rick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]... I have read several posts about how, when
    and why to shave your legs. But I have not read one stating when and who startd this ritual.
    Anyone know?

5. rick <[email protected]> wrote:
    > I have read several posts about how, when and why to shave your legs. But I have not read one
    > stating when and who startd this ritual. Anyone know?

No. But the real question is why is everybody still so obsessed with bike racers' leg shaving? I
    mean, look at MTV 2 (I get all of my current events information from MTV 2) and every damn male rock
    star and rapper has a waxed chest, and that has been going on since Marky Mark. That's gotta be more
    painful and labor intensive than leg shaving. I'm not complaining, I don't want to look at the Red
    Hot Chili Peppers' chest hair either, but why does the rest of society, including bike racers, still
    care whether or not a few lycra wearing deviants remove their puny leg hairs? (Other than the fact
    that they are lycra wearing deviants.)

6. Mike S.

Mike S. Guest

"Benjamin Weiner" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > rick <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > I have read several posts about how, when and why to shave your legs. But I have not read one
    > > stating when and who startd this ritual. Anyone know?
    >
    > No. But the real question is why is everybody still so obsessed with bike racers' leg shaving? I
    > mean, look at MTV 2 (I get all of my current events information from MTV 2) and every damn male
    > rock star and rapper has a waxed chest, and that has been going on since Marky Mark. That's gotta
    > be more painful and labor intensive than leg shaving. I'm not complaining, I don't want to look at
    > the Red Hot Chili Peppers' chest hair either, but why does the rest of society, including bike
    > racers, still care whether or not a few lycra wearing deviants remove their puny leg hairs? (Other
    > than the fact that they are lycra wearing deviants.)
    >

Waxing your chest hair seems to be seen as vanity, shaving your legs seems to be seen as "weird."
    Hence the fascination.

Mike

7. "Mike S." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    > "Benjamin Weiner" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > rick <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > > I have read several posts about how, when and why to shave your legs. But I have not read one
    > > > stating when and who startd this ritual. Anyone know?
    > >
    > > No. But the real question is why is everybody still so obsessed with bike racers' leg shaving? I
    > > mean, look at MTV 2 (I get all of my current events information from MTV 2) and every damn male
    > > rock star and rapper has a waxed chest, and that has been going on since Marky Mark. That's
    > > gotta be more painful and labor intensive than leg shaving. I'm not complaining, I don't want to
    > > look at the Red Hot Chili Peppers' chest hair either, but why does the rest of society,
    > > including bike racers, still care whether or not a few lycra wearing deviants remove their puny
    > > leg hairs? (Other than the fact that they are lycra wearing deviants.)
    > >
    >
    > Waxing your chest hair seems to be seen as vanity, shaving your legs seems to be seen as "weird."
    > Hence the fascination.
    >
    > Mike
    >

What about swimmers? Waxxing up and putting on a speedo has got to be worse.

-T

8. John Lee

John Lee Guest

yeah when Bic was the sponsor of Gimondi in the 70's they had just developed the disposable
    razor..............:)

On Sun, 9 Mar 2003 21:30:54 -0600, "EP" <[email protected]> wrote:

>It was all started by Joe Bic.
    >
    >
    >"rick" <[email protected]om> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]... I have read several posts about how, when
    >and why to shave your legs. But I have not read one stating when and who startd this ritual.
    >Anyone know?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.