Homemade Kahlua

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by ~patches~, Apr 3, 2006.

  1. ~patches~

    ~patches~ Guest

    For those who want to save money on their alcoholic drinks. Posting
    while impaired is not recommended so do so at your own risk ;)

    2 1/2 c sugar
    1 1/2 tbsp instant coffee
    1 c water

    Bring ingredients to a boil and remove from heat. Add 2 tsp pure
    vanilla. Allow to cool slightly then add -

    1 -26 oz everclear or vodka

    Pour into a couple of bottles.

    [Pour yourself a nice healthy shot over ice. Top with heavy cream.
    Repeat a couple of times then post away ;) ]

    --
    A two faced, low-life, sorry excuse for a person, posting on
    rec.food.cooking steals other posters' pics posing them as their own.

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>,
    ~patches~ <[email protected]> wrote:

    > For those who want to save money on their alcoholic drinks. Posting
    > while impaired is not recommended so do so at your own risk ;)
    >
    > 2 1/2 c sugar
    > 1 1/2 tbsp instant coffee
    > 1 c water
    >
    > Bring ingredients to a boil and remove from heat. Add 2 tsp pure
    > vanilla. Allow to cool slightly then add -
    >
    > 1 -26 oz everclear or vodka
    >
    > Pour into a couple of bottles.
    >
    > [Pour yourself a nice healthy shot over ice. Top with heavy cream.
    > Repeat a couple of times then post away ;) ]

    Fun recipe, but you'd want to use 1/2 the amount of everclear as you
    would vodka as it's twice as potent. <G>

    BTW, what's up with the sig.???????

    --
    Peace, Om.

  3. ~patches~

    ~patches~ Guest

    OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > ~patches~ <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>For those who want to save money on their alcoholic drinks. Posting
    >>while impaired is not recommended so do so at your own risk ;)
    >>
    >>2 1/2 c sugar
    >>1 1/2 tbsp instant coffee
    >>1 c water
    >>
    >>Bring ingredients to a boil and remove from heat. Add 2 tsp pure
    >>vanilla. Allow to cool slightly then add -
    >>
    >>1 -26 oz everclear or vodka
    >>
    >>Pour into a couple of bottles.
    >>
    >>[Pour yourself a nice healthy shot over ice. Top with heavy cream.
    >>Repeat a couple of times then post away ;) ]

    > Fun recipe, but you'd want to use 1/2 the amount of everclear as you
    > would vodka as it's twice as potent. <G>

    Nope use the full amount of everclear. It works better if you ask me.
    Vodka will work but not as well being about 1/2 the strength. This
    makes a nice coffee liqueur. It is thinner than the brand name but has
    all the punch ;)

    > BTW, what's up with the sig.???????

    My sig has been added as a warning to others. Don't post anything here
    including pics you don't want stolen even though you have legal
    copyright to. The two faced poster here that stole my pic didn't
    understand that so is going to be getting an attitude adjustment.

    --
    There is a thief amongst us who likes to steal other posters pics and
    post them as their own. This constitutes copyright infringement and

  4. Dan Abel

    Dan Abel Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > ~patches~ <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > 1 -26 oz everclear or vodka
    > >
    > > Pour into a couple of bottles.
    > >
    > > [Pour yourself a nice healthy shot over ice. Top with heavy cream.
    > > Repeat a couple of times then post away ;) ]

    > Fun recipe, but you'd want to use 1/2 the amount of everclear as you
    > would vodka as it's twice as potent. <G>

    Wrong, wrong, wrong. Patches wants to have twice the fun!

    :)

    --
    Dan Abel
    [email protected]

  5. jay

    jay Guest

    On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 11:20:49 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > ~patches~ <[email protected]> wrote:

    I made the everclear recipe. Prepare for the BIG HEADACHE! .. can't
    remember shit but I CAN remember that one!!!! L0L

  6. In article <[email protected]>,
    Dan Abel <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > In article <[email protected]>,
    > > ~patches~ <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > > 1 -26 oz everclear or vodka
    > > >
    > > > Pour into a couple of bottles.
    > > >
    > > > [Pour yourself a nice healthy shot over ice. Top with heavy cream.
    > > > Repeat a couple of times then post away ;) ]

    > > Fun recipe, but you'd want to use 1/2 the amount of everclear as you
    > > would vodka as it's twice as potent. <G>

    > Wrong, wrong, wrong. Patches wants to have twice the fun!
    >

    > :)

    Or twice the hangover... <giggles>
    --
    Peace, Om.