"Doug" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
Doug asked:
Quoted message said:
Lets say I was smacked in the arm by some idiot dropping a hammer from over head. I am in lots of pain, jumping up and down and swearing at the guy who did it. What would be the steps you would take to treat me? What would you use and when?
Answer: Arnica 30 deals with bruising of soft parts and removes the shock of an accident. Arnica pillules sublingual. Proceed with normal first aid.
Doug asked:
Quoted message said:
Lets say I catch a falling soldering iron from the wrong end (yes, I actually did this) and end up with a large, nasty, burn accross my hand. Please ignore the loud swearing, how would you go about treating this. Please let me know step by step how you would do this. I am curious about how homeopathic first aid would work.
Answer: Cantharis or causticum 30C for burns. Pillules sublingual. Proceed with normal first aid.
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
>Do not worry, I will not be trying homeopathic first aid at work
or home.
Quoted message said:
I am trained in conventional first aid, and will use what I was trained in.>>>
That's it then. I have told how to take the first remedy. If you want more information you will have to do some reading.
Answer: Arnica 30 deals with bruising of soft parts and removes the shock of an accident. Arnica pillules sublingual. Proceed with normal first aid.
Angela, can you tell the difference between one homeopathic remedy and another? Would it surprise you to know that nobody has ever been able to do this in a controlled setting? Do you think you can? Can you recommend how somebody could? If not, how can anyone know what one remedy is doing vs. another?
"Mark Probert" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
> >Homeopathic response: Give him a glass of water. >
How did you ever get so damn stupid?
Please describe the difference between a glass of water and a homeopathic "medicine." Do not use cost as a means of comparison.
FWIW, most homeopathics are not in liquid form.
That's one of the things that makes homeopathy even sillier. They claim that it is something to do with the mythical "memory of water", but most of it is sold as pills which are either made by successive dilutions and succussions of lactose or by putting a drop of the magic water on a lactose tablet and then drying it.
On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 01:00:57 GMT, Peter Bowditch <[email hidden]>
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
FWIW, most homeopathics are not in liquid form.
That's one of the things that makes homeopathy even sillier. They claim that it is something to do with the mythical "memory of water", but most of it is sold as pills which are either made by successive dilutions and succussions of lactose or by putting a drop of the magic water on a lactose tablet and then drying it.
No water. No memory.
No active ingredients.
Isn't is wonderful you can make 'remedies' without actually having any active ingredients. Water and lactose, just imagine the markup.
Of course to sell homeopathic 'remedies' one must posess a line of BS a mile wide.
But neither DC nor you have the slightest bit of interest in knowing why Rich nuked his.
ObQuirk.
-- | Microsoft: "A reputation for releasing inferior software will make | | it more difficult for a software vendor to induce customers to pay | | for new products or new versions of existing products." | end
> "Mark Probert" <[email hidden]> wrote in message > news:[email hidden]... > > >> >>Homeopathic response: Give him a glass of water. >> > > How did you ever get so damn stupid?
Please describe the difference between a glass of water and a homeopathic "medicine." Do not use cost as a means of comparison.
FWIW, most homeopathics are not in liquid form.
That's one of the things that makes homeopathy even sillier. They claim that it is something to do with the mythical "memory of water", but most of it is sold as pills which are either made by successive dilutions and succussions of lactose or by putting a drop of the magic water on a lactose tablet and then drying it.
No water. No memory.
Oh, Peter, you lack imagination! We've just expanded the field of homeopathy. We're going to go beyond the tired old "memory of water" and on to the exciting new concept of "memory of sugar!"
Remember, you read it here first.
-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my opinions only, but they're almost always correct. "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)
Subject: Re: Homeopathic First Aid From: "Robert Bronsing" [email hidden] Date: 8/5/2003 10:32 AM Pacific Standard Time Message-id: <[email hidden]>
"D. C. Sessions" <[email hidden]> schreef in bericht news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
In <[email hidden]>, Robert Bronsing wrote:
>If you know the message I.D., you can send a cancel request to google.
Last I looked, Google didn't honor cancel requests. Intermediate servers, OTOH, might.
I cancelled mine at the newsserver at work, within minutes of posting. You may be right.
But neither DC nor you have the slightest bit of interest in knowing why Rich nuked his.
Do you have any proof that he did this? It is possible for you to actually prove that he did. Until you do so, I'll consider your claim just another one of your unsupported claims.
Quoted message said:
Of course if that had been me, the interest would be full blast.
"Doug" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
Doug asked:
Quoted message said:
Lets say I was smacked in the arm by some idiot dropping a hammer from over head. I am in lots of pain, jumping up and down and swearing at the guy who did it. What would be the steps you would take to treat me? What would you use and when?
Answer: Arnica 30 deals with bruising of soft parts and removes the shock of an accident. Arnica pillules sublingual. Proceed with normal first aid.
Doug asked:
Quoted message said:
Lets say I catch a falling soldering iron from the wrong end (yes, I actually did this) and end up with a large, nasty, burn accross my hand. Please ignore the loud swearing, how would you go about treating this. Please let me know step by step how you would do this. I am curious about how homeopathic first aid would work.
Answer: Cantharis or causticum 30C for burns. Pillules sublingual. Proceed with normal first aid.
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
>>Do not worry, I will not be trying homeopathic first aid at work
or home.
Quoted message said:
I am trained in conventional first aid, and will use what I was trained in.>>>
That's it then. I have told how to take the first remedy. If you want more information you will have to do some reading.
What benefits does adding your magic potions provide over RealFirstAid?
> "Mark Probert" <[email hidden]> wrote in message > news:[email hidden]... > > >> >>Homeopathic response: Give him a glass of water. >> > > How did you ever get so damn stupid?
Please describe the difference between a glass of water and a homeopathic "medicine." Do not use cost as a means of comparison.
FWIW, most homeopathics are not in liquid form.
That's one of the things that makes homeopathy even sillier. They claim that it is something to do with the mythical "memory of water", but most of it is sold as pills which are either made by successive dilutions and succussions of lactose or by putting a drop of the magic water on a lactose tablet and then drying it.
>tools wrote: > >> "Mark Probert" <[email hidden]> wrote in message >> news:[email hidden]... >> >> >>> >>>Homeopathic response: Give him a glass of water. >>> >> >> How did you ever get so damn stupid? > >Please describe the difference between a glass of water and a >homeopathic "medicine." Do not use cost as a means of comparison.
FWIW, most homeopathics are not in liquid form.
That's one of the things that makes homeopathy even sillier. They claim that it is something to do with the mythical "memory of water", but most of it is sold as pills which are either made by successive dilutions and succussions of lactose or by putting a drop of the magic water on a lactose tablet and then drying it.
No water. No memory.
Oh, Peter, you lack imagination! We've just expanded the field of homeopathy. We're going to go beyond the tired old "memory of water" and on to the exciting new concept of "memory of sugar!"
Actually, its the "memory of Essential Sugars". Nobody can survive without these homepathic carbs!