Hooray! and Booh!

MartinM

Guest
Hooray, I can take a normal bike on the train for another year after
the HSE decided that the old trains can stay in service for another
year (strange that the safety of the old stock now depends in the late
arrival of the new ones, or rather, the juice to run them)
Booh, another year of Southern Region cattle trucks with worse
suspension than a £99 ATB ;-(

On 20 May 2004 02:47:24 -0700, [email protected] (MartinM) wrote:

>Hooray, I can take a normal bike on the train for another year after
>the HSE decided that the old trains can stay in service for another
>year (strange that the safety of the old stock now depends in the late
>arrival of the new ones, or rather, the juice to run them)
>Booh, another year of Southern Region cattle trucks with worse
>suspension than a £99 ATB ;-(

Is this on, <looks up train operating companies>, South Central?
They're running some new stock already on the Portsmouth service which
have no guards vans (booh!) but do have bike space by the kharzis
(hooray!) and they leyt you put the bike on anywhere else (hooray!).
I think they have limited hours in which you can do this though
(booh!).

Tim

Tim Hall <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On 20 May 2004 02:47:24 -0700, [email protected] (MartinM) wrote:
>
> >Hooray, I can take a normal bike on the train for another year after
> >the HSE decided that the old trains can stay in service for another
> >year (strange that the safety of the old stock now depends in the late
> >arrival of the new ones, or rather, the juice to run them)
> >Booh, another year of Southern Region cattle trucks with worse
> >suspension than a £99 ATB ;-(

> Is this on, <looks up train operating companies>, South Central?
> They're running some new stock already on the Portsmouth service which
> have no guards vans (booh!) but do have bike space by the kharzis
> (hooray!) and they leyt you put the bike on anywhere else (hooray!).
> I think they have limited hours in which you can do this though
> (booh!).

It is indeed; The official line is up to two bikes per unit, although
the only time I've managed to get on one there were three with mine
and it was cosy! (you could get 3 bikes IN the khazi!), but I reckon
it will become off peak trains only once the guards vans have all
gone; in the meantime the folder goes away for another year and the
free ads get scanned for a old dog racing bike ;-)

[email protected] (MartinM) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Tim Hall <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > On 20 May 2004 02:47:24 -0700, [email protected] (MartinM) wrote:
> >
> > >Hooray, I can take a normal bike on the train for another year after
> > >the HSE decided that the old trains can stay in service for another
> > >year (strange that the safety of the old stock now depends in the late
> > >arrival of the new ones, or rather, the juice to run them)
> > >Booh, another year of Southern Region cattle trucks with worse
> > >suspension than a £99 ATB ;-(

> > Is this on, <looks up train operating companies>, South Central?
> > They're running some new stock already on the Portsmouth service which
> > have no guards vans (booh!) but do have bike space by the kharzis
> > (hooray!) and they leyt you put the bike on anywhere else (hooray!).
> > I think they have limited hours in which you can do this though
> > (booh!).
> >

> It is indeed; The official line is up to two bikes per unit, although
> the only time I've managed to get on one there were three with mine
> and it was cosy! (you could get 3 bikes IN the khazi!), but I reckon
> it will become off peak trains only once the guards vans have all
> gone; in the meantime the folder goes away for another year and the
> free ads get scanned for a old dog racing bike ;-)

Actually its boo and boo, the new timetable says no bikes in the peak
hour full stop, and we get to ride in cattle trucks ;-(