I decided to work on my hopping today.
I set up a stack of bricks and wood pieces on a curb, to make my
obstacles.
I first did rolling hops, and manged about 13". I've never measured my
rolling so that's pretty good.
By the way, i'm doing all this on a 24" KH '05 Muni.
I then decide to work on my sidehops. I thought my max before was about
12".
I worked up to 14.5 inches but landed on the stacked wood/bricks. It
toppled and i fell, but just onto grass.
I managed to eventually get clean over the stack of 14" seat in.
I then moved on to seat out. I've never really tried it over anything
but a curb, which seemed hard. I tried on the street, thinking i got
maybe 8".
Today i just kept workign at it, and got up to the 14.5 mark, same as
seat in, and was ecstatic!
I cleared over the 14.5 and kept adding stuff
I got to 16 and a bit inches (over 40 cm, woohoo!!!!) and cleared it! my
tire easily made it both times, but my heel clipped it as i came down
:-(
keep in mind i'm clearing about 8-10 inches sideways plus the height.
anyways, i think i could hop onto a 17" ledge, maybe i'll try the 18"
one soon at the neighbors' house!!!!!!
just wanted to share my progress, i NEVER thought i'd ever get seat-out
higher than seat in w/o months and months of practicing just seat-out, i
practiced for a couple hours and got it!
maybe in a couple more months i'll be hopping 2 feet!!!!!
--
ColDawG - I go both ways:
Your friendly, neighborhood Muniman
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ColDawG's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9503
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43251