General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Horizon is committed to keeping you informed....

Started by Marshall · · Last activity · 8 posts · 397 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
13 April 2004
Last activity
17 April 2004
Original author
Marshall
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
397
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Anyone else get this? I currently use Humalog, what the #@$*
    is this about?

    March 2004 . Dear Member, Horizon is committed to keeping
    you informed and educated about your health plan and to
    providing you with resources to make informed health care
    decisions. This includes making you aware of important
    changes to The Horizon Prescription Drug Guide and how the
    changes may affect you and your family. This letter is a
    reminder that NovoLog® (insulin aspart) and Novolin®
    (regular, human insulin) products are included in the 2004
    Horizon Prescription Drug Guide. As stated in an earlier
    formulary change notification, effective May 1,2004,
    Humalog® (insulin lispro) and Humulin® (regular, human
    insulin) will no longer qualify for the preferred drug
    copayment. If you currently use insulin, you may be able to
    save money by using one of the Horizon-preferred insulin
    products listed in the table below. The table liststhe
    specific drugs that will no longer qualify for the preferred
    drug copayment. We have also provided you with preferred
    alternatives to these non-preferred medications. You may pay
    more at the pharmacy if your doctor prescribes one of these
    non-preferred drugs.
    --
    homepage.mac.commkatzman

  2. I'm on Kaiser, and they too push Novolog over Humalog. I'd
    imagine the difference is price. Jon

  3. On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 04:36:33 GMT, JonK <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    I'm on Kaiser, and they too push Novolog over Humalog. I'd
    imagine the difference is price. Jon

    I believe Gingrich's last acts in office was to push a
    diabetes law which gives you the right to sue them for that.

  4. "Marshall" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Anyone else get this? I currently use Humalog, what the
    #@$* is this about?

    It's just another bean counter telling you what you'll
    inject that's all.

    Ahh, the wonder of insurance based medical "care". Now let
    ANYONE tell me that this system is better than our NHS and
    I'll tell them to their faces

    Beav

  5. "Muscle Man" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 04:36:33 GMT, JonK <jon@the-

    kaplans.DOT.com said:

    I'm on Kaiser, and they too push Novolog over Humalog.
    I'd imagine the difference is price. Jon

    I believe Gingrich's last acts in office was to push
    a diabetes law which gives you the right to sue them
    for that.

    And I'll bet it doesn't get onto the books, and if it does,
    no-one would win a case anyway.

    Beav

  6. Muscle Man said:

    On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 04:36:33 GMT, JonK <jon@the-

    kaplans.DOT.com said:

    I'm on Kaiser, and they too push Novolog over Humalog.
    I'd imagine the difference is price. Jon

    I believe Gingrich's last acts in office was to push
    a diabetes law which gives you the right to sue them
    for that.

    What for? Since I started with Novolog, I don't know what
    I'm missing. Jon

    --
    t2 - on MDI Insulin

  7. "Beav" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Marshall" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Anyone else get this? I currently use Humalog, what the
    #@$* is this about?

    It's just another bean counter telling you what you'll
    inject that's all.

    Ahh, the wonder of insurance based medical "care". Now let
    ANYONE tell me that this system is better than our NHS and
    I'll tell them to their faces

    Quoted message said:

    Beav

    I couldn't agree more. Although the NHS does have its
    faults, you only have to look at the posts in AHD to know
    that things could be a lot, lot, worse (did you see that
    'Bye Bye Foot' post - quote: "Today's trip cost ME $198.63.
    If you have insurance, keep it at all cost. Diabetes WILL
    bankrupt me long before it kills me." - scary [censored]!).

    Steve.

  8. "Steve Robertson" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Beav" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Marshall" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Anyone else get this? I currently use Humalog, what
    the #@$* is this about?

    It's just another bean counter telling you what you'll
    inject that's


    all.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Ahh, the wonder of insurance based medical "care". Now
    let ANYONE tell


    me

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    that this system is better than our NHS and I'll tell
    them to their


    faces

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Beav

    I couldn't agree more. Although the NHS does have its
    faults, you only


    have

    Quoted message said:

    to look at the posts in AHD to know that things could be a
    lot, lot, worse (did you see that 'Bye Bye Foot' post -
    quote: "Today's trip cost ME $198.63. If you have
    insurance, keep it at all cost. Diabetes WILL bankrupt me
    long before it kills me." - scary [censored]!).

    I've not seen that post yet Steve, but definitely scary
    stuff. Say what you like about the NHS, but if you've got an
    ounce of an idea about your condition, and you're prepared
    to do some self educating, it's entirely possible to get
    exactly what you need. 'Course you need a tongue in yur head
    and I'm not saying that's the case for all conditions and
    all people coz if the variations in attitutes of different
    doctors/quacks, but I use everything I WANT to use and as
    much as I want and can sleep at night knowing I'll be able
    to do it all again on the morrow.

    I also know that if I get tipped out of an ambulance at the
    ER dept, the first question I'm asked WON'T be "Have you got
    insurance".

    Beav

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.