Horizon....

Mr R@T \ -Lsqco

Guest
I am now the proud owner of a Dawes Horizon and most impressed with this machine (although I haven't
been very far with it yet)!

Haven't been very far on it yet though - handling and position seems a lot different but I guess its
because I have not ridden a bike with drop bars since 1982 ;) I suppose I will get used to it.
Definitely seems faster; will have the astrale set up soon which should be the proof.

I am really impressed with the Dawes build quality and the quality of the set up from AW Cycles
(well done to James and the mechanics). And on my invoice there is a handwritten note with an
instruction to the mechanic to have it ready a full *hour* before I was due to pick it up! *Real*
customer service in this day and age definitely deserves praise - this is definitely a local
business I will be recommending to people.

Alex

In article <[email protected]>, "Mr R@t \(2.3 zulu-alpha\) [comms room
2]" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I am now the proud owner of a Dawes Horizon and most impressed with this machine (although I
> haven't been very far with it yet)!
>
> Haven't been very far on it yet though - handling and position seems a lot different but I guess
> its because I have not ridden a bike with drop bars since 1982 ;) I suppose I will get used to it.
> Definitely seems faster; will have the astrale set up soon which should be the proof.
>
> I am really impressed with the Dawes build quality and the quality of the set up from AW Cycles
> (well done to James and the mechanics). And on my invoice there is a handwritten note with an
> instruction to the mechanic to have it ready a full *hour* before I was due to pick it up! *Real*
> customer service in this day and age definitely deserves praise - this is definitely a local
> business I will be recommending to people.
>
> Alex

Welcome to the Club! I've put almost 2000 miles on mine this year (bought in the sales of last year)
and have enjoyed it greatly. I think its fantastic value for money and must be pulling sales away
from the Galaxy. Ditch the tyres as soon as possible, they're budget Schwalbe and as stodgy as a
stodgy thing. I'm using Panaracer Pasela 32 (actually more like a 28 and which despite the claim on
the packet are most definately not puncture proof or even resistent) which roll brilliantly. Used
Schwalbe Marathon 38 on a tour of Skye this summer, no problems, no punctures, although at 800 miles
the sidewalls of the rear tyre started to split; took it back to the LBS who gave me a new one.

--
Swop the ok-coral for yahoo to reply

> Welcome to the Club! I've put almost 2000 miles on mine this year (bought in the sales of last
> year) and have enjoyed it greatly. I think its fantastic value for money and must be pulling sales
> away from the Galaxy.

I prefer the look of the Sora shifters to the current Galaxy bar end ones (and couldn't afford a
Galaxy anyway).

Ditch the tyres as soon as possible, they're budget Schwalbe and
> as stodgy as a stodgy thing. I'm using Panaracer Pasela 32 (actually more like a 28 and which
> despite the claim on the packet are most definately not puncture proof or even resistent) which
> roll brilliantly.

Having read this group before the purchase I had the tyres changed for 700 x 28C conti top touring
2000 before I even picked the bike up....

Alex