Horizon....

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Mr [email protected] \ -Lsqco, Sep 11, 2003.

  1. I am now the proud owner of a Dawes Horizon and most impressed with this machine (although I haven't
    been very far with it yet)!

    Haven't been very far on it yet though - handling and position seems a lot different but I guess its
    because I have not ridden a bike with drop bars since 1982 ;) I suppose I will get used to it.
    Definitely seems faster; will have the astrale set up soon which should be the proof.

    I am really impressed with the Dawes build quality and the quality of the set up from AW Cycles
    (well done to James and the mechanics). And on my invoice there is a handwritten note with an
    instruction to the mechanic to have it ready a full *hour* before I was due to pick it up! *Real*
    customer service in this day and age definitely deserves praise - this is definitely a local
    business I will be recommending to people.

    Alex

    Tags:

  2. Twangin

    Twangin Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "Mr [email protected] \(2.3 zulu-alpha\) [comms room
    2]" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I am now the proud owner of a Dawes Horizon and most impressed with this machine (although I
    > haven't been very far with it yet)!
    >
    > Haven't been very far on it yet though - handling and position seems a lot different but I guess
    > its because I have not ridden a bike with drop bars since 1982 ;) I suppose I will get used to it.
    > Definitely seems faster; will have the astrale set up soon which should be the proof.
    >
    > I am really impressed with the Dawes build quality and the quality of the set up from AW Cycles
    > (well done to James and the mechanics). And on my invoice there is a handwritten note with an
    > instruction to the mechanic to have it ready a full *hour* before I was due to pick it up! *Real*
    > customer service in this day and age definitely deserves praise - this is definitely a local
    > business I will be recommending to people.
    >
    > Alex

    Welcome to the Club! I've put almost 2000 miles on mine this year (bought in the sales of last year)
    and have enjoyed it greatly. I think its fantastic value for money and must be pulling sales away
    from the Galaxy. Ditch the tyres as soon as possible, they're budget Schwalbe and as stodgy as a
    stodgy thing. I'm using Panaracer Pasela 32 (actually more like a 28 and which despite the claim on
    the packet are most definately not puncture proof or even resistent) which roll brilliantly. Used
    Schwalbe Marathon 38 on a tour of Skye this summer, no problems, no punctures, although at 800 miles
    the sidewalls of the rear tyre started to split; took it back to the LBS who gave me a new one.

    --
    Swop the ok-coral for yahoo to reply

  3. > Welcome to the Club! I've put almost 2000 miles on mine this year (bought in the sales of last
    > year) and have enjoyed it greatly. I think its fantastic value for money and must be pulling sales
    > away from the Galaxy.

    I prefer the look of the Sora shifters to the current Galaxy bar end ones (and couldn't afford a
    Galaxy anyway).

    Ditch the tyres as soon as possible, they're budget Schwalbe and
    > as stodgy as a stodgy thing. I'm using Panaracer Pasela 32 (actually more like a 28 and which
    > despite the claim on the packet are most definately not puncture proof or even resistent) which
    > roll brilliantly.

    Having read this group before the purchase I had the tyres changed for 700 x 28C conti top touring
    2000 before I even picked the bike up....

    Alex