Road Cycling ยท Public discussion

Horner musta found a McDonalds!!

Started by crit pro ยท ยท Last activity ยท 41 posts ยท 1,665 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
17 October 2004
Last activity
18 October 2004
Original author
crit pro
Posts
41
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,665
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1โ€“20 of 41
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. He rides much better on McDonalds. ๐Ÿ˜‰

    crit pro

  2. Philip W. Moore said:

    Nah, he's just got talent.

    "crit pro" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    He rides much better on McDonalds. ๐Ÿ˜‰

    crit pro

    Talent?

    10th place in a pro bike race is like getting second place in a tennis
    match. It means you [censored] lost.

    Do you think Boston Red Sox players go home and happily exclaim to their
    wives how 'great' they did by getting 6 runs even though they lost the
    [censored] game and series? Professional athletes and their sponsors aren't
    in the sport so Horner can finish in the back of the lead group.

    Pro sports isn't a gym class. Horner lost the race, got hardly any
    money, and didn't get his photo in the paper or his face on TV. It was
    a total loss. He may as well have stayed home and given quotes about how
    much better he is than Jason McCartney at Redlands.

    Jackasses, all of you.

    Magilla

  3. MagillaGorilla said:
    Philip W. Moore said:

    Nah, he's just got talent.

    "crit pro" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    He rides much better on McDonalds. ๐Ÿ˜‰

    crit pro

    Talent?

    10th place in a pro bike race is like getting second place in a tennis
    match. It means you [censored] lost.

    How can you race if you think like that? If anything but first place is
    unacceptable, don't you end up thinking of yourself as a loser a lot of
    the time? That's a serious question.

    --

    --------------------

    Remove CLOTHES to reply

  4. Tim Lines said:
    Quoted message said:

    Talent?

    10th place in a pro bike race is like getting second place in a tennis
    match. It means you [censored] lost.


    How can you race if you think like that? If anything but first place is
    unacceptable, don't you end up thinking of yourself as a loser a lot of
    the time? That's a serious question.

    Timmy,

    That's the problem with cycling. There's too many awards and jerseys
    given outto LOSERS. How many US "national champions" do we have every
    year - 493? Guess what, 492 of them are really losers.

    In pro football, the only winner is the team who wins the Superbowl - in
    baseball, the World Series.

    In cycling, you dumbasses can't accept there's only 1 winner in every
    bike race, not 37.

    Lance won the Tour de France. Everyone else lost the goddamn race.
    That's why he makes millions and sues losers.

    All you people think pro cycling is a big [censored] gym class. It makes
    me sick.

    Listen to me and listen to me good. The only winner of a bike race is
    the rider who gets a tongue stuck in each ear by the podium girls. The
    rest are losers.

    I'm going to dress up as Chris Horner for Halloween. What that means is
    I'll have 10 other people in costumes knock on the door and say
    trick-or-treat before me.

    11th place.. If Lance ever got 11th place in the Tour de France, he
    would shoot himself in the head with a .44 Magnum. That's how a real
    pro looks at 11th place.

    Thanks,

    Magilla

  5. Nah, he's just got talent.

    "crit pro" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    He rides much better on McDonalds. ๐Ÿ˜‰

    crit pro

  6. Philip W. Moore said:

    No I don't. Not one bit. 10th place in a race for a guy that just came
    back to Europe is a good result. It's certainly better than struggling to
    pay rent in a D3 crit team, isn't it? Horner is showing improvement in less
    than one week's time. I say he's gonna make it just fine.

    As for myself, I don't win unless I launch an attack, whittle the field
    down, and either go solo or can make somebody else lead me out ala Saronni.
    I don't win much, but when I do my best and get a decent result I don't feel
    [censored] about it. I may not have won, but I didn't lose.

    Sounds like you've got something that works well for you. What, then,
    is losing?

    --

    --------------------

    Remove CLOTHES to reply

  7. Quoted message said:

    10th place in a pro bike race is like getting second place in a tennis
    match. It means you ******* lost.

    That's about as relevant now as it was the first time I heard it, early 70s,
    when Pappa Stetina was telling his boys (Dale & Wayne) that "2nd place is no
    better than 7th." After he said that, a few lesser-placing riders would go
    up to the 2nd-place finisher and ask if he wanted to swap winnings since,
    after all...

    --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
    www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

  8. "Tim Lines" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:v3mcd.273062$3l3.261306@attbi_s03...

    Quoted message said:
    MagillaGorilla said:
    Philip W. Moore said:

    Nah, he's just got talent.

    "crit pro" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    > He rides much better on McDonalds. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    >
    > crit pro

    Talent?

    10th place in a pro bike race is like getting second place in a tennis
    match. It means you [censored] lost.

    How can you race if you think like that? If anything but first place is
    unacceptable, don't you end up thinking of yourself as a loser a lot of
    the time? That's a serious question.

    Some people (me, for a start) work like that; it makes for a lot of
    motivation to train hard through the winter; but sometimes causes
    overtraining.

    I wouldn't come out and [censored] off other people who didn't win, though.

    Peter

  9. "Tim Lines" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:v3mcd.273062$3l3.261306@attbi_s03...

    Quoted message said:
    MagillaGorilla said:
    Philip W. Moore said:

    Nah, he's just got talent.

    "crit pro" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    > He rides much better on McDonalds. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    >
    > crit pro

    Talent?

    10th place in a pro bike race is like getting second place in a tennis
    match. It means you [censored] lost.

    How can you race if you think like that? If anything but first place is
    unacceptable, don't you end up thinking of yourself as a loser a lot of
    the time? That's a serious question.

    Some people (me, for a start) work like that; it makes for a lot of
    motivation to train hard through the winter; but sometimes causes
    overtraining.

    I wouldn't come out and [censored] off other people who didn't win, though.

    Peter

  10. Philip W. Moore said:

    Losing for me is mentally whining about my legs and back cramping, and then
    failing to pay attention when somebody tries to escape from the group or
    goes on the attack. When I'm in that frame of mind, I either can't or
    half-heartedly respond to the move, and lose a chance to win.

    Losing depends on what your goals are. If you're trying to win the points
    title for your class in the Texas Bicycle Racing Association, taking a few...

    <snip>

    Shut the [censored] up.

    Magilla

  11. No I don't. Not one bit. 10th place in a race for a guy that just came
    back to Europe is a good result. It's certainly better than struggling to
    pay rent in a D3 crit team, isn't it? Horner is showing improvement in less
    than one week's time. I say he's gonna make it just fine.

    As for myself, I don't win unless I launch an attack, whittle the field
    down, and either go solo or can make somebody else lead me out ala Saronni.
    I don't win much, but when I do my best and get a decent result I don't feel
    [censored] about it. I may not have won, but I didn't lose.

    "Tim Lines" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:v3mcd.273062$3l3.261306@attbi_s03...

    Quoted message said:
    MagillaGorilla said:
    Philip W. Moore said:

    Nah, he's just got talent.

    "crit pro" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    > He rides much better on McDonalds. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    >
    > crit pro

    Talent?

    10th place in a pro bike race is like getting second place in a tennis
    match. It means you [censored] lost.

    How can you race if you think like that? If anything but first place is
    unacceptable, don't you end up thinking of yourself as a loser a lot of
    the time? That's a serious question.

    --

    --------------------

    Remove CLOTHES to reply

  12. C'mon over, Junior. I live with your mother.

    I thought I told you to shut the [censored] up though.

    Magilla

    Philip W. Moore said:

    Magilla,

    What's your real name, address, and telephone number? I've got some airline
    miles I'd like to use.

    Really, you don't know me. Develop rapport, then insult me. I'll give you
    plenty of chances I'm sure!

    So do you feel like a loser if you don't come in 1st every race?

    -Philip.

    "MagillaGorilla" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Philip W. Moore said:

    Losing for me is mentally whining about my legs and back cramping, and

    then

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    failing to pay attention when somebody tries to escape from the group or
    goes on the attack. When I'm in that frame of mind, I either can't or
    half-heartedly respond to the move, and lose a chance to win.

    Losing depends on what your goals are. If you're trying to win the

    points

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    title for your class in the Texas Bicycle Racing Association, taking a

    few...

    Quoted message said:

    <snip>

    Shut the [censored] up.

    Magilla

  13. Losing for me is mentally whining about my legs and back cramping, and then
    failing to pay attention when somebody tries to escape from the group or
    goes on the attack. When I'm in that frame of mind, I either can't or
    half-heartedly respond to the move, and lose a chance to win.

    Losing depends on what your goals are. If you're trying to win the points
    title for your class in the Texas Bicycle Racing Association, taking a few
    thirds isn't bad. If you're trying to move up and want to do so without
    question, then you need to come in first a few times. If you're me, though,
    you can't win on the purely flat stages, and the really long climbs beat
    your ass, you ain't gonna win the Lago Vista race and the Research Park
    Criterium. So you do what you can and don't beat the [censored] out of yourself
    for not being able to feed your family by riding a bike. Hey, I'm a lawyer
    at Baron & Budd in Dallas, Texas, and practically live in Ohio where most of
    my cases are ongoing. I get to ride 2-3 times a week, if I'm lucky, and I
    race whenever I can. I get race day licenses, and just have fun. Okay, I'm
    mean as hell in sprints and lean on people like McEwen (I used to race BMX
    20" and cruiser class in law school), and take what I'm doing seriously when
    I'm doing it, but biking is just a small part of my life.

    "Tim Lines" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:Xuncd.261200$D%.155308@attbi_s51...

    Quoted message said:
    Philip W. Moore said:

    No I don't. Not one bit. 10th place in a race for a guy that just came
    back to Europe is a good result. It's certainly better than struggling


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    pay rent in a D3 crit team, isn't it? Horner is showing improvement in


    less

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    than one week's time. I say he's gonna make it just fine.

    As for myself, I don't win unless I launch an attack, whittle the field
    down, and either go solo or can make somebody else lead me out ala


    Saronni.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I don't win much, but when I do my best and get a decent result I don't


    feel

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    [censored] about it. I may not have won, but I didn't lose.

    Sounds like you've got something that works well for you. What, then,
    is losing?

    --

    --------------------

    Remove CLOTHES to reply

  14. Magilla,

    What's your real name, address, and telephone number? I've got some airline
    miles I'd like to use.

    Really, you don't know me. Develop rapport, then insult me. I'll give you
    plenty of chances I'm sure!

    So do you feel like a loser if you don't come in 1st every race?

    -Philip.

    "MagillaGorilla" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Philip W. Moore said:

    Losing for me is mentally whining about my legs and back cramping, and


    then

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    failing to pay attention when somebody tries to escape from the group or
    goes on the attack. When I'm in that frame of mind, I either can't or
    half-heartedly respond to the move, and lose a chance to win.

    Losing depends on what your goals are. If you're trying to win the


    points

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    title for your class in the Texas Bicycle Racing Association, taking a


    few...

    Quoted message said:


    <snip>

    Shut the [censored] up.

    Magilla

  15. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    10th place in a pro bike race is like getting second place in a tennis
    match. It means you ******* lost.

    Hmm...so that means that if you don't win every race you enter, you're no good?

    I guess the idea of A priority races versus training races needs to get tossed
    out the friggin' window? Win 'em all or get out of the way, huh?
    So is the moniker Magilla Gorilla a name some guys gave you on a ride and you
    just didn't get the joke, so you thought it was a compliment and decided to use
    it as a usenet name??
    Wes
    A guy who digs 11th because it means he was at the race instead of reading some
    shmoe's [censored] on usenet

  16. "Tim Lines" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:v3mcd.273062$3l3.261306@attbi_s03...

    Quoted message said:
    MagillaGorilla said:
    Philip W. Moore said:

    Nah, he's just got talent.

    "crit pro" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    > He rides much better on McDonalds. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    >
    > crit pro

    Talent?

    10th place in a pro bike race is like getting second place in a tennis
    match. It means you [censored] lost.

    How can you race if you think like that? If anything but first place is
    unacceptable, don't you end up thinking of yourself as a loser a lot of
    the time? That's a serious question.

    Consider this Tim - what sort of knowledgeable geek would use the name
    "magillagorilla"? This jerk needs to be flicked just like any other know
    nothing.

  17. "MagillaGorilla" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Gee look, Andrew Albright is back.

  18. Hey Magilla,

    If you are so hard core about winning or nothing, ask one on of the
    best one day guys in the world Eric Deckker how hard he rode to get 12
    th... one place behind Horner. And then ask him about the bonus he
    gets for UCI points. Then you will realize how [censored] stupid you are,

    K

  19. "Philip W. Moore, Jr." <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Horner is showing improvement in less
    than one week's time.

    And that should tell you everything you need to know about Chris
    Horner. He's very professional in his preparation and super
    motivated.

    Quoted message said:

    I say he's gonna make it just fine.

    I suspect he's going to fit in great.

  20. "MagillaGorilla" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    C'mon over, Junior. I live with your mother.

    I thought I told you to shut the [censored] up though.

    Magilla

    [censored], you are confused. *You* can't win and *you* are a loser. That does
    not apply to others unless they are already losers like you.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users ยท 0 guests ยท0 bots ยท0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.