Paladin said:"MattB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:Paladin said:I rode home the other day in 107f heat. Only 6 miles, but that was a fun
trip.Next day was cooler, only 103.
One thing I've learned about the dark side of cycling, though:
Most truck drivers don't understand me working on my fitness, as they
almost hit me, working on their fatness.CDB
What's that I used to say? "The road to hell is paved...." sure has
felt like it lately.I have to admit I've been doing some of the same. The numbers are lower
here (90's) but that is really hot for us, and the sun is really intense
here.
I'm even contemplating a new road bike, a LeMonde with a pretty old-school
setup (steel & Campy). Not sure if I'll do it or not, but it's a sweet
ride.
If it's hot and still, that's one way to keep the air flowing and still
get a reasonable workout in. If there just weren't all these damn cars all
over the roads!Matt (Shhh - don't tell anyone)
My secret is this is an old-school steel Bianchi with Campy on it, too.
Got it at a Police Auction for $20, put some cross tires with liners (always
got flats), and a bright rear flashing light. Voila, GR Bike lives again!CB
I'm currently riding an old-school/new-school Trek 2100 form '92 or so.
It's got Shimano 105 with downtube shifters, but the frame is that old
Trek Carbon tube/Aluminum dropout combo which was tha shiznit at the
time. It seems to be holding up, but that LeMonde was much smoother and
I like the new shifters.
I think I buy my wife a singlespeed for our 10th anniversary instead. My
road bike works ok for the moment.
Matt